• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
overlay.jpg

Looking at this picture, the cutting to the left of the picture next to the inversions looks very interesting. You can almost imagine the track dropping out of the station to the lower level, curving with the line of the semicircular portion of the station building, travelling diagonally through the cutting and then up to the first lift/launch hill.

Almost fits perfectly. The picture below is a better representation, with the station departure track almost following the line of the crane

IMG_3998.JPG
I know the pictures from another website - delete the link as applicable if needed!

Neuros said:
602455_10151334253363185_641260238_n.jpg

New delivery! Hopefully the secret element.
Photo credit to TowersTimes

Or, maybe, just maybe, it might be more track! If there is a secret element, which is something I'm not totally convinced about, there is absolutely no way they would just drop it off in a car park for anybody to see. The comments posted with that photo originally are merely to generate hype, it will just be track.

:)

Rob said:
Neuros said:
602455_10151334253363185_641260238_n.jpg

New delivery! Hopefully the secret element.
Photo credit to TowersTimes

Or, maybe, just maybe, it might be more track! If there is a secret element, which is something I'm not totally convinced about, there is absolutely no way they would just drop it off in a car park for anybody to see. The comments posted with that photo originally are merely to generate hype, it will just be track.

I'm certain there isn't any trick track but if there is as rob said they would not leave it on a car-park, things like trick track would go up to Studios North or straight to site.

It wouldn't surprise me if anything major element wise would be wheeled in similar to how Th13teen's drop mechanism was. Huge branded tarpaulin over it and such like to generate hype. It's still very early days in terms of the stuff they have on site at the moment :).

I felt dirty looking at the picture above.

No, seriously, I did.

Can I please request that posts from t'other sites are put in spoiler tags? I am very interested in things appearing, but for once, it would be nice to enjoy the speculation without dropping in here and finding out what is happening, and get the full impact of the ride in March.

As that track grows, it is like slowly opening a Christmas pressie early, but I still love reading and being involved in the discussions.

This is my opinion alone (making that clear), if I'm the only person who feels this way about it (subject to change lol!) I will just stay away from the topic for a bit, obviously I respect the views of the majority here, but this construction will have to ramp up soon so I thought I'd raise this point for discussion.

The track, the teasers I like, but all out aerial photos I'm really no so sure I want to see without knowing what it is first?

Anyway, no offense meant, great posts - hope everyone gets where I am coming from, just putting it out there :)

rightbackgranty said:
Know its too late, but I've added spoiler tags to mine now!

Understand where you're coming from, so apologies!

Don't worry mate! It was only my suggestion anyway, and those pics didn't reveal anything apart from quite a bit of soil ha-ha!!

It was more about what will happen once construction moves on, there may be stuff that crops up, even without realising, that could be more than some would like to know.

Obviously, I'm not a member of the team, and you were putting up great info so I hope it didn't come across negatively towards you. No intention for that at all, you have my word on that.

As I say, just more about looking to the future of the development - and of course, my opinions and feelings in regards to TT's actions.

I still don't agree with it, given the public can find these photos relatively easily. Takes away the intelligent, sneaky, behind trees spy type pics that add that layer of mystery and excitement!

So yeah anyway, basically it was not to do with what you posted, but more preventing potential leaks we might not wish to know, moving forward. It served a good purpose in fact, to highlight it could happen, best now than later bud!

Also, it's not my decision of course, the rest of the forum may disagree entirely, it was only my individual thought on the matter.

Thanks for being so gracious and friendly about it Granty, I appreciate that.

There will be no more updates from TTF anyway. Their SW7 Sub-Forum is now members only.

I've already given them my thoughts on this matter as I think it's not going to do the site any good if potential members can't see the discussion. To them it'll look like the disscusion has died. But hay ho that's their decision. Works out well for us as the most visably active forum ;)

Could we get back on topic please. If you have any thoughts on TowersTimes then contact them directly with your feedback, as they are unlikely to know what you're thinking if you write your views on here!

Also, if we could kindly ask for now any potential spoilers are kept in the spoiler tags. Currently there are no known big spoilers out there and it is unlikely we will see any track erection for a while. When it comes to the point when spoilers are out in the public domain we will aim to create separate spoiler and non-spoiler topics. :)

The Towers have currently got a survey running on the altontowers.com website that is based solely on SW7. Many questions for you to express your feelings!

I cannot find said survey!! I actually have positive things to say about SW7 so far lol!

Also, trying to find this survey I happened upon this button:

"The ultimate in white knuckle thrill rides - every ride you've ever dreamed of in one"

Guess what ride they're on about, honestly.... get a grip AT

Anyway, survey - anyone got a link? Ta! :)

THe survey comes up as a pop up at the bottom of the page when you go onto the towers site. I was very positive about SW7, though didnt quite know how to sum it up in one word!!

TheMan said:
I cannot find said survey!! I actually have positive things to say about SW7 so far lol!

Also, trying to find this survey I happened upon this button:

"The ultimate in white knuckle thrill rides - every ride you've ever dreamed of in one"

Guess what ride they're on about, honestly.... get a grip AT

Anyway, survey - anyone got a link? Ta! :)

I also came across this while searching for the survey! Made me laugh :p but I understand your troubles, I can't find it either :(

Josh said:
I also came across this while searching for the survey! Made me laugh :p but I understand your troubles, I can't find it either :(

Glad I'm not the only one lol!

JAMMYD778 said:

Thanks for that! Which leads onto this:

The Psychoaster said:
Really annoying me how they continue to use random coloured Vekoma track for all their advertisements and posters on the park/SW7. It'll be just about the only big company that hasn't got a coaster at AT come next year! (and no, the Corkscrew is gone now)

This is so true dude! I'd not even thought of that! I know they divide opinion, but I love Vekoma rides too.

Can we edge back towards topic, there are topics around discussing the marketing imagery of the resort.

Many thanks

Dave, why are the last 4 posts showing as being edited by yourself? They don't appear any different to how I remember, but seeing as it's happened in this topic, I'm mentioning it in this topic as I'd like to know if anything was wrong or is it just an anomaly. Take your point too re topic, but what was cropping up in here, was around the official Tower's SW7l survey? That's what contained the Vekoma track.

Starting a new topic for that, or not mentioning it, when it was directly related to us all trying to find the SW7 survey, seems peculiar.

I take your point about remaining on topic, but this was all related to the topic in a way that was not of our volition. I don't want to have to think too hard, about everything I discuss being absolutely about the thread. If it was totally irrelevant then fine, but in this case it was directly related, and to start another topic or join another one, half way through a conversational discussion on finding the SW7 survey, as I say, seems a bit daft.

I think there is a fine, and difficult line between moderation, and keeping a natural flow - I'm not criticising, merely airing my thoughts as I was involved in this conversation in real time.

I don't want to have to second guess myself before every sentence I type in a topic, this is a very sociable forum, and topics often cross as this one naturally did.

My thoughts. Feel free to vilify me for them as I've already had them, and can't not have them now lol! :D

Anyway, regards the survey - I got to question 6 and when it came to writing a more detailed prose, I figured I'd wait a little more to see what developed - but overall, up to now, I have been very impressed!

There was an issue with links that I tried to fix but couldn't find the cause hence the posts showing as edited. Though In future please direct forum based questions either via PM or in guest services so as not to disturb discussion.

:D

EDIT: (as I only briefly read the post origionally as I was out), we tend to allow sidelines away from the topic for a few posts but if discussion continues off topic we edge it in the correct direction otherwise there is no point in having topics and we would essentially end up with a shout box.

It's a fine line but it has to be drawn somewhere.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.