• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
To say the development on the construction site, or lack of it, is concerning is an understatement. I am shocked that no track whatsoever has gone up yet. I don't know what schedule they are currently running too but they must be at least a month, probably more, behind the original schedule. Sure groundwork has come on but even there there's still so much to do in preparing the whole site for track installation. It's almost December, it's getting colder. The time window for concrete pouring is getting smaller. Someone needs to give them a kick up the back side in my opinion.

:)

Lol at some of the comments on here the last page or two!!

And people were moaning about the in depth, deeper psychological discussions being boring ;D

Adz said:
Just to clarify for you. The photos are from today.

If you deem it really necessary we can post a raw image file for you conduct an EXIF data check. lol.

Do we really need this information lol??

mrbrightside said:
There's a picture of the EXIF data on their site which says the images were taken today so I guess there's no reason to not believe it.

Regardless, the situation on site doesn't look good. There's nothing happening :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

.... Clearly

Seriously, this is not a military/CIA photographic investigation, EXIF data lol!!

For once, I have to agree with Mods from both sites here, it is not becoming of a site of this quality to have people purveying catty remarks. It would be ridiculous, to wait this long to post an update, then post a fake one LOL!!!

Logic anyone?.... Anyone?

If you're going to go fake, you don't do stupid fake, and so that we would talk about their site here too?

I thought this was a coaster site, not a conspiracy one?

Perhaps TT are using this to take the pictures, hence the weather issues are affecting this craft!!

ufo_2387810b.jpg

Well said, TheMan. The only place I have ever seen people demand to see raw image data is Above Top Secret!

Excuse me? I was just backing up that the data proved the photo was from today - for the benefit of those who may not have seen TT and the photo Adz posted of the EXIF data.

:?

Two pages of debate as to wether TT photo's are from today or not. Seriously?

Anyway, seems quite concerning to me that there is no track or supports installed and we are now heading towards the end of November. Are most coasters not in the testing phase by this point?Given the landscaping of the area it seems a little worrying that they are not further forward.

DiogoJ42 said:
Well said, TheMan. The only place I have ever seen people demand to see raw image data is Above Top Secret!

Hahahaha - I wondered if someone might get that reference ;D

mrbrightside said:
Excuse me? I was just backing up that the data proved the photo was from today - for the benefit of those who may not have seen TT and the photo Adz posted of the EXIF data.

:?

Sorry Brighty, wasn't aimed at you mate, merely the fact you had to respond with it. Apologies if that's misunderstood.

Dylan said:
Two pages of debate as to wether TT photo's are from today or not. Seriously?

Anyway, seems quite concerning to me that there is no track or supports installed and we are now heading towards the end of November. Are most coasters not in the testing phase by this point?Given the landscaping of the area it seems a little worrying that they are not further forward.

The track issue is, given the weather, a concern. I mentioned a few pages back, with such an odd little site, and so much concrete being used, it will be so much more weather dependent - and the weather, has not been conducive to this heavy construction at all I wouldn't imagine.

Heavy Rain and concrete?

Uh-oh.

Adz said:
Just to clarify for you. The photos are from today.

If you deem it really necessary we can post a raw image file for you conduct an EXIF data check. lol.

No not really, as I'm not a member I couldn't see the pictures so couldn't clarify either way so was just contributing to the whole "running late" debate, im more than happy to take your word for the date of the picture :)

Don't worry folks, it'll all be finished on time. About 4 months until opening time is it? Plenty of time there even given some bad British weather. The groundwork will obviously have been taking a good chunk of time to complete but once that's all finished the other structures will fly up. This is definitely too early a time to panic (even though there's nothing to panic about anyway).

Not really panicking but they are now behind schedule which is never great heading into winter.

Thirteen was fully built by now and had been for a month. This is much larger and we've not got any signs that it's even going vertical any time soon.

If you're only realising how far behind this is now, where have you been the last 2 months?

BarryZola said:
Don't worry folks, it'll all be finished on time. About 4 months until opening time is it? Plenty of time there even given some bad British weather. The groundwork will obviously have been taking a good chunk of time to complete but once that's all finished the other structures will fly up. This is definitely too early a time to panic (even though there's nothing to panic about anyway).

I disagree completely. Sure groundwork takes a long time, but apart from the hole for the underground section and digging for the first lift hill (which admitedly is a big part) they've not done all that much. There is still so much groundwork that needs doing. The vast majority of the site is not ready for concrete to be poured for footers, never mind for track. I'm sure they have got a schedule whereby everything will be ready for opening but all it takes is one major setback and there could be real problems.

Blaze said:
Thirteen was fully built by now and had been for a month. This is much larger and we've not got any signs that it's even going vertical any time soon.

If you're only realising how far behind this is now, where have you been the last 2 months?

It wasn't behind before closed season started, all indications where track wasn't due on site until the last week of season. Something has gone tits up since then.

If you remember the planning application stated construction wasn't due until September which is when they started working on the pit, so they clearly had no intention of track going up until October/ nov time, but it seems behind now.

Though Gersts go up quick so not too worried yet.

Rob said:
BarryZola said:

I disagree completely. Sure groundwork takes a long time, but apart from the hole for the underground section and digging for the first lift hill (which admitedly is a big part) they've not done all that much. There is still so much groundwork that needs doing. The vast majority of the site is not ready for concrete to be poured for footers, never mind for track. I'm sure they have got a schedule whereby everything will be ready for opening but all it takes is one major setback and there could be real problems.

I appreciate the feedback. The truth is, I know nothing about the plans and how long these things really take so I was just 'saying words' :)

You may be right but I thought I'd try and put a positive view out there even if it may be unfounded. On a positive note, there will be a brand new coaster at (or near) the start of next season so it's something to really look forward to even if it's not complete on opening day. What does it really matter if worst comes to worst and it opens 2 weeks after opening as long as it's the finished article? May not be great for the park's (sorry, resort's) reputation but the customer experience is what should always be the important thing.

If there is no track up by mid December we should be worried. But I wouldn't think it takes that long to put together it will be the electrical side that will take the time still got over 4 months

Why are people still pretending that this is still running on time? We're now at a stage where it clearly isn't. I don't get why Alton are acting so slowly, are they waiting for more parts of something? This is ridiculous.

My only concern is that they might rush to make the opening rather than do the sensible thing and aim for a later opening. We’ve seen this happen before. Th13teen (despite being well ahead of this project during its development) only just managed to be open on time, resulting in several non-essential features of the ride being rushed and only completed an hour before the ride opened.

But that was fairly minor when compared to Sub-Terra’s disastrous opening. Literally nothing but the ride worked. But somehow whoever was in charge deemed it ok because they assumed the ride was all people cared about. If the same assumption gets made for SW7 then could we see it opening without a fully working secret section or a missing pre-show or something else that, like Air’s Tunnel, will remain unfinished for years to come?

NastyPasty said:
Why are people still pretending that this is still running on time? We're now at a stage where it clearly isn't. I don't get why Alton are acting so slowly, are they waiting for more parts of something? This is ridiculous.

No one is pretending its running on time, as said the track should have started going up during the last week of season so its now at least just shy of a month behind.

That said Gersts go up quick and unlike Th13teen I would put money on it not having a trick track to test so its not completely gone wrong yet.... This is Towers though so they have lots of time to completely mess it up :D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.