• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I've removed a large amount of comments on this topic concerning TowersTimes and discussion regarding they were right/wrong to post the images adding with a few digs about the way they are getting the images.

Just a polite reminder that this is a discussion topic for sw7. Feel free to relate back to updates or discussion on TowersTimes, but this is not the place for sly digs etc. Feel free to contact them directly should you wish to air your views about their site and forum. Thanks :)

aru said:
You're right about Rita - it was just plonked with the most simple station imaginable. SW7 is a different league with a station/ show building

I dunno though, I think I might take Rita's platform over that eyesre proposed for SW7.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
aru said:
You're right about Rita - it was just plonked with the most simple station imaginable. SW7 is a different league with a station/ show building

I dunno though, I think I might take Rita's platform over that eyesre proposed for SW7.

I have to be honest if it turns out the same as the plans so would I.

But at least it is a solid building that theoretically could be themed to look good.

Tim said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:
aru said:

I have to be honest if it turns out the same as the plans so would I.

But at least it is a solid building that theoretically could be themed to look good.

Yep, it's only the exterior aesthetic that is the problem.

I feel like Marmalisation will probably be an element of the ride - like a show scene where the car stops and you're shown videos akin to the ones in the Sanctuary, that would be pretty intense!

Magrathea said:
I feel like Marmalisation will probably be an element of the ride - like a show scene where the car stops and you're shown videos akin to the ones in the Sanctuary, that would be pretty intense!

If it was done well it could be a really really intense experience, I mean, strapped into a seat, unable to move or look away, it could be really quite scary!

I am visualizing a big domed screen that completely surrounds the car, in front, above and round to the sides, showing similar images to the films in the Sanctuary, complete with sensory effects to maximize the intensity. I'm thinking, water, extreme temperature changes, air blasts, loud bangs, that horrible deep rumbling base hypnosis sound effect and the smell changes. Then the car could roll forward down a steep dive and into the rest of the ride/whatever other mechanisms they have to make you Smile!

I really really am holding out for a great sensory onslaught to really hit home the creepy nature of The Ministry of Joy and their bizarre social compliance movement! It could all be built up to so well in the queue, with queue line videos and then even more so in the indoor portion before the station. Maybe even some batching rooms with a brief video to watch explaining what was about to happen with a few minor effects, strobes etc.

But, alas, this is all just me dreaming... However, a guy can dream can't he ;)

Sammy said:
Magrathea said:

If it was done well it could be a really really intense experience, I mean, strapped into a seat, unable to move or look away, it could be really quite scary!

I am visualizing a big domed screen that completely surrounds the car, in front, above and round to the sides, showing similar images to the films in the Sanctuary, complete with sensory effects to maximize the intensity. I'm thinking, water, extreme temperature changes, air blasts, loud bangs, that horrible deep rumbling base hypnosis sound effect and the smell changes. Then the car could roll forward down a steep dive and into the rest of the ride/whatever other mechanisms they have to make you Smile!

I really really am holding out for a great sensory onslaught to really hit home the creepy nature of The Ministry of Joy and their bizarre social compliance movement! It could all be built up to so well in the queue, with queue line videos and then even more so in the indoor portion before the station. Maybe even some batching rooms with a brief video to watch explaining what was about to happen with a few minor effects, strobes etc.

These are Thirteen levels of expectation. I'm trying not to think like this as of yet - the letdown would be too much should it be a Sub-Terra mk 1 repeat in terms of the experience.

The Psychoaster said:
Sammy said:
Magrathea said:

These are Thirteen levels of expectation. I'm trying not to think like this as of yet - the letdown would be too much should it be a Sub-Terra mk 1 repeat in terms of the experience.

Oh I know, sorry I didn't properly make it clear. This is not at all what I am expecting, this is merely my ideal view of it. (How I saw it in a dream a few weeks back ;))

My actual expectations are sort of more on the level of stealing two more TV screens from the box office and sticking on a DVD on loop :p That way I can't possibly be disappointed... Can I?!

cotda said:
ATM, I've got my money on some form of prodders/ticklers, especially after the sanctuary.

I really hope they don't put those annoying back prodders in! Please, no! :(

This coaster will not open late. It'll be open on the first day of the season.

Why? Because every day it's not open, it's costing them tens of thousands of pounds. It's a PR catastrophe. If they have to work 24/7 to get it ready, they will. If they have to delay some theming elements to get the ride open, they will.

If it comes to it, I'll be more than happy for the park to open the ride without some of its theming, as long as the hardware itself is running on opening day. Unlike Sub-Terra, this ride will mostly rest on it's actual ride system, so that shouldn't be an issue. :)

I dunno why people keep harping on about The Sanctuary, I bet the finished ride will have almost no relevance besides a few references. To be honest, they'd be pretty stupid to base an £18 million coaster on a halloween scare maze anyway, however good.

Sam said:
This coaster will not open late. It'll be open on the first day of the season.

Why? Because every day it's not open, it's costing them tens of thousands of pounds. It's a PR catastrophe. If they have to work 24/7 to get it ready, they will. If they have to delay some theming elements to get the ride open, they will.

If it comes to it, I'll be more than happy for the park to open the ride without some of its theming, as long as the hardware itself is running on opening day. Unlike Sub-Terra, this ride will mostly rest on it's actual ride system, so that shouldn't be an issue. :)
True it will be open on the first day maybe with a bit of downtime but they will have plans for any catch up they need to get it open, look at thirteen the queue line was built the night before

CoasterCrazyChris said:
To be honest, they'd be pretty stupid to base an £18 million coaster on a halloween scare maze anyway, however good.
...except of course it's the other way around, with the scare maze concept drawn out from SW7, given that by the time planning started for The Sanctuary, SW7 would rapidly have been approaching its construction phase.

cotda said:
ATM, I've got my money on some form of prodders/ticklers, especially after the sanctuary.

"New for 2013 - World's first 5D rollercoaster with back prodders" has quite a ring to it.. ;)

Maybe bum prodders too lol!

I just hope if the ride isnt finished by opening day that they opt to finish it rather than open a half baked poor excuse of a ride like they did with NST and then have to close it to finish it. That to me would be an even bigger PR disaster!

As long as the hardware is working then they will be fine.

N:ST was a different matter mainly down to the fact it relies on theming and the execution of the experience in order to satisfy guests. SW7 will only need the hardware to satisfy guests. Although a fully finished ride would be preferable.

Surely no enthusiast wants a half finished rollercoaster running on opening day at the UK's premier theme park? This coaster is make or break for me and Alton Towers, and I really would expect it to be complete when it opens.

Dylan said:
Surely no enthusiast wants a half finished rollercoaster running on opening day at the UK's premier theme park? This coaster is make or break for me and Alton Towers, and I really would expect it to be complete when it opens.

Never mind enthusiasts, I doubt the public want a half finished ride on opening day! Especially as they will have made the trip, done the queue, and payed £40 for the privilidge :p

It's an outdoor thrill coaster. As long as the ride is running, then 95% of it is complete, let's be honest.

TheCoasterCruiser said:
I have heard a rumour about it having LSM's on the first lift hill like on Maverick.

Can't tell you the source.

That's Danish enthusiast TheCoasterCruiser on CF. He's quite well connected and reliable, so it's an interesting post. :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.