• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Plagiarism FTL, Harvard Referencing FTW!

In seriousness though Scott.Smith - posting on a forum isn't about writing long and eloquent posts, it's about having an opinion and just telling people about it :) You just need to post what you think and there's bound to be someone who agrees with you... It's much better to write your own thoughts then present other people's as your own.

In future it's advisable to quote things like that and clearly add your own opinion to the end :)

I'am trying to keep these photo updates as regular as i can, but with work on the site been fairly quiet there's not a lot i can show you that's of interest but i'll show you a few photo's from today anyway :)

DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

DSCN0980.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0978.jpg

DSCN0977.jpg

DSCN0976.jpg

DSCN0975.jpg

Hope you like the photo's guys :)

Thanks :) Track from what i hear will be arriving on the 1st of september, so my guess is the supports will more than likely arrive along with the track. Expect a very exiting September :)

Indeed September is when things will get curious, don't forget Th13teen had a lot more ground-work to complete than SW7 does so the construction can happen a little later.

I'd hoped to have seen a little more activity by now. The site doesn't seem to have changed much at all since I was last there. I'm sure there has been work though and that is just isn't all that noticeable. I fully expect things to start happening at a faster rate as August progresses.

:)

I'm just concerned that if we have another harsh winter with weather that prevents any work from taking place that the whole project may be delayed and not be fully complete for opening day. I'm sure they have factored this in, I just thought it may have meant we'd have seen more work by now.

:)

Much like Oblivion im guessing they will want to keep as much of it as secret as possible. After all they've quoted it to be another worlds first!

Well secrets are the "hole" point of X-Sector.Still, if there were to be a harsh winter they could cover the site with tarpaulins ect.when it snows.

Am I the only one not feeling the magic in this one? We know it's a Gerty. We know the layout. We know the theme. Nothing remains secret. The site looks like... well, a building site; Oblivion didn't. I don't know, it just seems a little bit... tired. ???

The world's first remains a secret. So there's still a little magic there. :)

I guess that the world's first they will try and keep quiet as long as possible - and that it will probably be the last element or section to be added to the ride, most likely during the closed season.

They really need to pump up the marketing though. There seemed to be more hype with Th13teen (understatement of the year). I'm hoping when the Summer Escapes campaign ends the marketing team get in full force with getting the word out there. They need to get the whole country knowing that something big is happening next year.

And plus,alot of the GP don't know the layout,they just see intriguing posters in the x-sector talking about something new next year,making them either interweb search it or come back next year to see it,or both!

Luckily with this. The ride should sell itself - more so than Th13teen did. Th13teen was a family thrill being advertised as a hardcore thrill ride. This is a hardcore thrill that will (hopefully) be advertised as exactly that. So they should have no problem with marketing. It will no doubt be hyped beyond all belief though. But hype does work well with the public - as long as the product is good enough at the end of it.

They can advertise this as the ultimate coaster as much as like. It'll do a damn better job of living up to the title compared to how Thirteen has.

I suppose we'll be seeing footers going in this month, and the possible laying of the station's foundations.

At least we are seeing a little more progress now, looks like the footer holes may be starting to appear? I'm cautiously hyped.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.