• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Looking at the plans,I saw a small hill which dips ever so slightly underground before the cobra roll or bat wing,The hill has a small turn in it so it is long(ish).

From what I saw yesterday, the diggers had dug more holes across the site, as well as widening the large hole slightly. They were busy working throughout the day.

Sorry about pictures though...
I busy being dizzy for 20 minutes of Enterprise...

Some of you may remember this image I did of a rehashed SW7 station

RZpV3.jpg

i still think my point stands that they should revise the plans for the station. After all, the new marketing for SW7 around the park does hint towards a modern X-Sector theme, with the chrome fonts and use of orange colouring. Some people may say the building looks too much like Oblivion's station. In fact it looks like the cheaper version, as hardly any effort has been put in to design an X-Sector style building, its just square boxes. Where's the X-Sector pipes which are seen everywhere, or the chrome railings?

I'm still not sure we'll see any changes to the building without any planning permission or amendments going through. Given the building is the sole cause of the planning permission being needed in the first place I would have thought if they want to change anything significant about it they need to alert the planning authorities and have it assessed, and if needs be have the locals grant or deny it again.

I would be very surprised if they could completely redesign the structure and not need any consent. If the building was within the GDO then they probably could, as they wouldn't need permission in the first place. But given this was one of the only things which needed consent for I'm still skeptical.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it chaned to look more like your drawings, but unless we hear anything from the planning authorities I doubt they can just change it like that. It's not even a minor change really. While the dimensions and shape are the same the entire aesthetics are being completely redesigned.

It is Prometheus.

It's beginning to take that shape!

Let's hope that they clear the water out of it first though... ;)

Oh I don't know. A water splash could be a great addition to this ride ;)

Ian said:

just wait for very heavy rain, they may have an unintentional one ;D

The station is still the one part of the ride which I can't stand. I don't care if it fits the theme or not it just looks dire. While Saw's station has a similar theme it still tries to present itself well. But with SW7 it seems almost as if Merlin are saying "We can't be asked with maintenance any more so let’s make it look awful from day one".

It especially looks bad when you compare it to the fantastic stations of the other major rides which opened this year:

Wodan:
90si4000i856gue7a9g4sj.jpg

OzIris:
6g1001i756gue789lfsisn.jpg

the Swarm:
kaoue789eg0j5o000ial6g.jpg

Unfortunately this is the best picture I could find but I hope you get what I mean about the church being destroyed in a way that looks pleasing.

I know it's unlikely to be changed but why can't we have the X-Sector equivalent of one of those rather than a few run down shipping containers and a concrete block?

Anyway now that I've had my rant how about a random X-Sector fact:
Do you know that X-Sector's theme isn’t Orange and Black? It’s actually Black stripes with each ride having a different colour. Orange for Oblivion, Blue for Submission, Green for Enterprise, formally Yellow for Energiser and just Black for the Black Hole. Orange has only really become associated with X-Sector because of Oblivion's dominance. It’ll be interesting to see if SW7 sticks to this pattern with its own colour. It probably won’t but for debating sake I’d chose deep red or alien purple.

Joelio said:
Love how the picture showcasing Wodan's lovely station is obscured almost in full by a tree :)
Give me a few weeks and I'll have some pictures of my own :p until then I had to use the best RCDB could offer.

The Swarms station looks lovely because although it is themed to be destroyed, it is themed to be freshly destroyed. While SW7's station seems to be themed as if it's old for a while, which does seem rather lazy.

I'm keeping my opinion of the station neutral until I see the effect in person.

It may look drastically different and the colour scheme in the plans would have been from stock textures, so chances are the colours and texture may be completely different. Plus there will be a roller-coaster in front of most of the station covering it up! So from Oblivions end it won't be very noticeable!

So I'm staying neutral...

But if it it's style is exactly as it is in the plan's I agree and feel it's a bit lazy.

I'm still holding judgement until we know the theme. I disagree that it's lazy, lazy would be building it out of plain concrete and leaving it for years. Making it look worn and old will mean whatever the theme is requires the building to look old and worn, otherwise why bother?

As with Sub-Terra, I worry that the theme they've chosen for SW7 is chosen more because it is easy to do and doesn't noticeably age, rather than because it fits the ride well.

But let's wait and see. :)

delta79 said:
Ian said:

just wait for very heavy rain, they may have an unintentional one ;D
It really wouldn't surprise me if that actually happened...
It was full to the brim!

I'm not complaining though...
If the Flume goes, we still have another water ride. ;)

Tim said:
Anyway now that I've had my rant how about a random X-Sector fact:
Do you know that X-Sector's theme isn’t Orange and Black? It’s actually Black stripes with each ride having a different colour. Orange for Oblivion, Blue for Submission, Green for Enterprise, formally Yellow for Energiser and just Black for the Black Hole. Orange has only really become associated with X-Sector because of Oblivion's dominance. It’ll be interesting to see if SW7 sticks to this pattern with its own colour. It probably won’t but for debating sake I’d chose deep red or alien purple.

Just to add to that the Black Hole was blue and the Rehydrator was red. :p

Just thinking about possible names, does anyone think although it is code named SW7, that could be it's actual name? It would fit in with the theme? SECRET WEAPON SE7EN? Something like that? Just a thought.

siralgenon said:
Just thinking about possible names, does anyone think although it is code named SW7, that could be it's actual name? It would fit in with the theme? SECRET WEAPON SE7EN? Something like that? Just a thought.

Agreed, personally I quite like 'Secret Weapon Seven' as a name, it rolls off the tongue nicely. It's not a classic, but it has a certain intrigue and mystery about it. Kind of fits with the feel of X-Sector. If the theme is anything to do with secret technology that has gone wrong or has been abandoned I think it'd be a good final name.

Plus I won't have to spend hours changing my signature if they keep the name, ha. :p

As for the station the plans dont inspire me much either but the scheme of finishes makes a big deal about existing x-sector colours and textures being used... It might look better in real life.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.