• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Rob said:
P1130011.jpg

I see the theming is already on site then ;)

They're getting that Black Hole base slab up pretty quick aren't they. It looks such a tiny site at the moment, for such a large ride.

The footprint you see in these images does give a false impression tbh, the actual ride reaches up over the small hill in the background and even goes as far as the toilets!

3cb45b6292bd47bf91de161.png

7ec8d3d5a0d04e76af152ac.png

I love the epic TOILET EVASION STRUCTURE that they are building... As opposed to just re-locating the toilets!

Groundwork seems to be coming along fast though - which is good!

mrbrightside said:
I love the epic TOILET EVASION STRUCTURE that they are building... As opposed to just re-locating the toilets!

To be fair, why would they need to relocate some perfectly fine toilets? It would probably cost more to move them with the plumbing issues than to just build that structure over them and leave them as they are :)

Oh yeah, I totally understand that... However, from the plans it looks like a horrible mess of metal! Though I have doubts that it will look as bad as I think it will.

The Psychoaster said:
mrbrightside said:

To be fair, why would they need to relocate some perfectly fine toilets? It would probably cost more to move them with the plumbing issues than to just build that structure over them and leave them as they are :)

Have you ever been in them? They aren't 'perfectly fine'! They remind me of toilets in an outdated rundown shopping centre! I could understand them wanting to keep them if they were modern and had spent a lot refurbishing them. But with the state they are in you would think they would just rip them down and start build new ones somewhere else!

mrbrightside said:
Oh yeah, I totally understand that... However, from the plans it looks like a horrible mess of metal! Though I have doubts that it will look as bad as I think it will.

It will certainly be a contrast to the relatively calm surroundings they are in at the moment - only the echoes of screams from Oblivion permeate through the trees/hills to those toilets. When SW7 is in there, the trains will be going right overhead every 30 seconds.

At least those scared of coasters won't have any trouble going about their "business" in there anyway with that kind of proximity! ;)

Aly said:
The Psychoaster said:
mrbrightside said:

Have you ever been in them? They aren't 'perfectly fine'! They remind me of toilets in an outdated rundown shopping centre! I could understand them wanting to keep them if they were modern and had spent a lot refurbishing them. But with the state they are in you would think they would just rip them down and start build new ones somewhere else!

But that would be an investment with little return, we know Merlin don't like that! ;)

Aly said:
The Psychoaster said:
mrbrightside said:

You might think that, though building them elsewhere would require them to clear another area and install piping and a whole new structure, whereas perhaps they intend to refurbish the current ones in the future and that is the reasoning behind them remaining there?

By 'perfectly fine' I certainly did not mean luxury, I just meant they do their job. I want to see them refurbished as much as anyone else though I don't see it happening until 2014 at the earliest.

You can barely see the toilets from the path so i doubt there will be a huge impact, it will just involve some interesting supports :)

Rob said:
Aly said:
The Psychoaster said:
mrbrightside said:

But that would be an investment with little return, we know Merlin don't like that! ;)

And this ladies and gentlemen is why I don't work for Merlin Entertainments Group! I'd get fired within a WEEK! ;)

Aly said:
Rob said:
Aly said:
The Psychoaster said:
mrbrightside said:

And this ladies and gentlemen is why I don't work for Merlin Entertainments Group! I'd get fired within a WEEK! ;)

If you dropped the we know merlin don't like that tag then you would be a perfect fit lol

The current toilets do need a revamp like all the others on site however new taps, hot water and some good hand driers will not cos much for this block

Is this a true representation of what the ride will be like ???

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liu91c_r9dU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

If it is !! I really look forward to 2013 !!

Yes it is, funny how it was started moments after the plan was revealed eh?

But the only differences are obvious such as the name and the extra themeing objects.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.