• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
djtruefitt said:
Pretty much all the floor has been taken up now and is in a big pile. I guess once this is removed they can start digging down.

There is still that one corner of the black hole left, but im thinking this could be some kind of power plant or something, as it looks like a little building, and has been covered up.

Is there still 3 random side supports from the former Black Hole tent in the back far corner?

Yes I think so, but they are connected to the little bit of building remaining, so there must be a reason they have left that for now.

What I don't understand is why have one 'normal' lift hill and one vertical lift hill? Wouldn't it look a lot nicer if they were both the same?

siralgenon said:
What I don't understand is why have one 'normal' lift hill and one vertical lift hill? Wouldn't it look a lot nicer if they were both the same?
I think that there are a few reasons why:

1. Space- Even though one is a normal lift, the inclusion of a vertical lift saves a lot pf space, which is needed judging by the size of the location.

2. Staple image- Pretty much all Eurofighters have a vertical lift, so I'm pretty sure that Gerstlauer want to continue this trend as it separates their design from others, and makes people notice their rides more than others.

3. World's first element- It could be possible, as previously discussed, that one of the lifts includes a world's first, but which lift hill is anyone's guess!

4. Launch- Judging by the long straight piece of track before the first lift, I'd guess that this is a launch, and a full launch into a vertical lift would be very uncomfortable. The other lift could also have a launch which starts on the lift hill itself, so it's not uncomfortable.

Expect lots of photo's from the SW7 construction site tomorrow evening, i'am making a trip up to the resort tomorrow armed with my new Nikon Coolpix p510 :) Lots of photo's to follow !

Just a quick update from today. All of the Black Hole tent base now appears to have been dug up, as well as the majority of the paving at the bottom end of the site. There are a couple of large piles of rubble which is in the process of being moved. I should have a few photos from my phone to upload sometime in the next couple of days which are ok quality.

:)

Fined it amazing seeing the process of building coasters really just seeing the coaster take shape and then comparing that site to that it was a few weeks ago there should be a webcam set up to track progress

Heres todays photo's guys, lots of progress now on the site :)

DSCN0495.jpg

DSCN0494.jpg

DSCN0493.jpg

DSCN0490.jpg

DSCN0489.jpg

DSCN0488.jpg

DSCN0487.jpg

Thanks for the picture updates! Glad to see the work progressing at a decent rate. Ground clearance never seems to take too long!

Keep thinking that the site looks so small for an 8 inversion coaster! Mind you, there is quite some distance between the start of the grassy hill and the toilets - extends the length of the site considerably.

I'm really confused with what they are doing at the moment. So it looks like the concrete slab for Black Hole has been smashed up to make a new ground level? They don't appear to be taking the rubble away at least. And no more bricks up either. I'd have thought we'd see piling rigs for the footers and station foundations by now too. Bemused lol.

Prometheus said:
I'm really confused with what they are doing at the moment. So it looks like the concrete slab for Black Hole has been smashed up to make a new ground level? They don't appear to be taking the rubble away at least. And no more bricks up either. I'd have thought we'd see piling rigs for the footers and station foundations by now too. Bemused lol.

There's still a good 9 months to go yet - construction moves quickly once it gets underway! Whilst everything seems to be going slowly now, I guarantee that things will pick up in a couple of months time when the track arrives on park for the first time.

I'd say that things are progressing well on the site. They are in the process of preparing it so that groundwork for the coaster and building can begin. The whole of the BH tent base has been taken up and they are reducing the the size of larger pieces of rumble so that it can all be moved.

:)

Prometheus said:

Oddly enough "vertical" construction of the coaster is the quickest bit, the ground work is always slow. Th13teen seemed to spend ages just digging holed then in 2 months the whole coaster was up.

Just came across an interesting quote from Mark Kerrigan.

We will be keeping the rides in X-Sector and our new Fried Chicken Co. restaurant open throughout the build process this season so guests will be able to see what’s going on – or at least, the first part of the development! Of course, the exact nature will remain top secret until the last possible minute!

The bit in bold interests me.

May be I'm just reading into it a little bit but I interpret that as the 'world's first' is going to be something contained within the building. Unless he's just generalising that they want to keep things as secret as possible. So I still wouldn't rule out something happening with the vertical lift.

I still find it strange the ride enters and exits the building on different levels. While there isn't much room and there could just be a quick drop inside I still think there's a possibility of something happening within the building.

James said:
Just came across an interesting quote from Mark Kerrigan.

We will be keeping the rides in X-Sector and our new Fried Chicken Co. restaurant open throughout the build process this season so guests will be able to see what’s going on – or at least, the first part of the development! Of course, the exact nature will remain top secret until the last possible minute!

The bit in bold interests me.

May be I'm just reading into it a little bit but I interpret that as the 'world's first' is going to be something contained within the building. Unless he's just generalising that they want to keep things as secret as possible. So I still wouldn't rule out something happening with the vertical lift.

I still find it strange the ride enters and exits the building on different levels. While there isn't much room and there could just be a quick drop inside I still think there's a possibility of something happening within the building.

Hmm, it certainly does suggest that the secret part of the ride will be enclosed - or in a position where outside eyes can't see it. That is either inside a building or underground - either way it does not implicate that it will be something to do with the lift hill.

I think the worlds first element of the ride will be outside, don't no what it could be but i just don't see it been inside the building, i'd like it to be a ride car that's ( world's first ) but not sure what this could be or how it could be marketed. We know it's not a new inversions type unless you count the interlocking cobra & batwing which i think couldn't really be seen to the general public as a 'worlds first'. I guess only time will tell, one thing for sure it's going to be a last minute reveal by towers themselves if they want people to no. :(

But Thirteen's world's first is inside- and that was marketed fine, and is well know by the GP. I'm sure that AT have a plan about how to publicise SW7 if the world's first is inside.

Just a thought but I have been wondering for a while now, when Thorpe park (which m£rlin obviously own) built The Swarm, they got You Me At Six to make a kick-ass theme song for it, so how much effort will they put into SW7's theme tune (if any) ?

Olii said:
Just a thought but I have been wondering for a while now, when Thorpe park (which m£rlin obviously own) built The Swarm, they got You Me At Six to make a kick-ass theme song for it, so how much effort will they put into SW7's theme tune (if any) ?

If they did, they would actually get a decent band to do it.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.