• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Stelios said:
Yes it is, funny how it was started moments after the plan was revealed eh?

But the only differences are obvious such as the name and the extra themeing objects.

The theming objects have been added in another video.

Never trust a man with curtains.

If he thinks Varney is sat in his office deciding which rides should open or close in which park at what times he is a fool.

I imagine that when the ride's complete & you go for a dump or something, the vibration of the ride going over head will sort of make the toilets vibrate & sort of help you ease it out a bit, right? :eek:

CrazyTowers said:
I imagine that when the ride's complete & you go for a dump or something, the vibration of the ride going over head will sort of make the toilets vibrate & sort of help you ease it out a bit, right? :eek:

:eek: Hahaha that is one way of looking at it ;)

Lets just hope they cover the roof windows up or something. Otherwise the riders will might see things they didnt intend on seeing!

Or in the case of some rides they may see exactly what they queue 2 hours to go on the ride to see...

Photos from today

Site overview
P1000738.JPG

This is an area that has been cleared at the back towards the access road, There looks like a small building being built back there but you cant see it on any of the photos, just occasionaly through the trees.
P1000741.JPG

View from the bottom of the site (by the gates)
P1000743.JPG

view from the bottom looking parrallel to the gates
P1000744.JPG

View towards the back of the old queue line
P1000750.JPG

And finally a view from the other end
P1000771.JPG

I'm still really curious as to why the last few bits of the BH tent have been left on site. maybe some sort of planning loophole. Technical the original structure hasn't been removed or something?

When you look at the site in the photos it looks so much smaller then the elevations of the proposed ride do!

Does anyone still think its strange that the tent has gone are is it just me

Looks like the foundations are starting to be ripped up, good stuff!

Construction is going far slower than expected though. I was expecting the whole area to be muddy by now, with the foundations and path gone and excavation taking place. Hopefully things will pick up soon!

I've noticed that there are some blue marks on the floor in those photos.
Are they for the supports?

It looks like they're going To attempt to retain the paving then, or they are just making it easier to construct...

Longy said:

It looks like they're going To attempt to retain the paving then, or they are just making it easier to construct...

Hmm yeah, I'll try and have a look at those blue marks when on park tomorrow and see if I can tell what they mean. You've got to think that the paving will be ripped up though, I can't see them retaining it.

:)

Ok, i posted this link to a video i got whilst on a trip to towers a few weeks back, some of you may of seen in when i posted it in TTF a while ago. Basically in one of the photo's above ^ you see where some trees have been removed behind the site for what looks like to make access for vehicles entering the site maybe ? I don't no, must be pretty important for them though to remove as many as they did. The video i've linked was shot along the path that links x sector to Sonic Spinball. may give you some idea on how big the are they cut out in the woods near the site and some specualtion as to what it may be used for :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLl1mdmzKiY&feature=plcp

I'm pretty sure that some of the trees are being cut down for both the ride and access to it, as they are using a bit more than just the space Black Hole left.

Longy said:

I don't imagine they'll keep the paving, it'd be quite messy installing tens of huge metal supports all over the place in the midst of nearly 20 year old bricks.

They'll take the bricks up, store them, then lay them back again when they are landscaping. Half money saving, half aesthetic. I look at another forum following building construction and you see contractors do it often. Saves buying new materials and also makes sure the finished product ties in with existing paving if it extends beyond the building site (which of course it does in X Sector).

We'll be saying hello to those bricks again in 7/8 months time I bet. :)

Saving the bricks is a good way of saving money. All they really need to do is give them a power wash and they'll blend in and look as good as they were when they were new.

Pretty much all the floor has been taken up now and is in a big pile. I guess once this is removed they can start digging down.

There is still that one corner of the black hole left, but im thinking this could be some kind of power plant or something, as it looks like a little building, and has been covered up.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.