• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
ThemeParkJack said:
I think you find they had permission! (Information from high merlin staff member) I can guarantee they work overnight. They pushed track delivering back due to not finishing ground works but as the progress is moving rapidly due to over night working there nearly ready for track delivery.

The site is close to a household who are currently taking legal action against the park for noise issues and the planning approval clearly states no work after 6pm. These are two factual and backable pieces of evidence. And Merlin high management rarely have a clue what's happening at Towers.

Also as has been proved by actually going on park they dont work on Sundays, it would seem logical to allow 7 day working before disturbing peoples sleep and working in dangerous lighting conditions!

Hense they had too get permission! You may think I'm using the usual from a merlin staff excuse but last year we got told a lot of things about Sub-Terra and they where all right. So believe who you wish. Im sticking with what i have been told. In all fairness, Various lighting lamps have been put on site. Due to overnight work. They wouldn't need them during the day would they.
Im not having a rant but I'm just stating my current knowledge.

The lamps will be there because as the winter goes on it will get darker sooner, i mean It's relatively dark by 6 now, if overnight work was conducted then I can see a mass local uprising, M£erlin wont want to risk the project by upsetting locals, especially a Farly based couple who shall not be named.

We already know the Farley couple who spend all there money wasting time to take Alton Towers to court but fails every time. Maybe you're right about the lamps but i'd believe the Merlin staff member over anyone on here because frankly half the time all the people like to lie to make content! Im a big fan of TowersStreet but 'some' don't know what there on about. A lot of people will agree. If everyone was right no one would be blamed or hated on for posting complete nonsense! As I've been told time on the track should arrive on the current date which is the 15th. And start constructing 4 or 5 days after arrival... We will soon find out who's right on date set for track.

surly track erection cannot take place without footers being put in place? Thats what I'm more worried about, track is easy and relativity quick once footers are in place,but as far as I have seen there's no progress on that front.

Looking at updates today. Concrete rebar has been spotted, It shouldn't be long until thats finished! Maybe we should see track being erected in the next 3-4 weeks who knows.

Themeparkjack you clearly have sources which is fine, as do the TS team. We don't however broadcast what is known all the time because we respect the sources. Please don't however continue in the slightly rude fashion you are currently posting. Your track date sources seem fairly well founded and tally, your night working idea falls simply because having had photos posted here on two consecutive days you can see nothing has happened over-night even if you ignore the rules stipulated in the planning approval.

We want people to share information and many do including the team as well as members such as Nemesismad and no one has questioned it, this suggests it's your posting style that is the issue here. Maybe the will get permission for late construction over winter but that's a different story.

Any further queries on posting style please PM a team member, we simply want relatively polite posting.

Fair enough. Maybe i snapped too quick because some of the information that i'm seeing is totally laughable. I'm sorry for being rude everybody... At the end of the day its a ride, I snapped easily. Once again I'm sorry.

ThemeParkJack said:
Fair enough. Maybe i snapped too quick because some of the information that i'm seeing is totally laughable. I'm sorry for being rude everybody... At the end of the day its a ride, I snapped easily. Once again I'm sorry.

That's the point nothing has been laughable, this was all triggered because Dan said the project would finish on-time and I suggested currently night work is not happening. A different opinion and different sources do not make those points laughable.... Just different to yours.

In honesty, does it actually matter? The fact of the matter is they are currently behind, they might be able to pull it back by doing extra hours, but we will have to see what happens. As long as the ride is up and running and most of the theming is done, that's all that really matters.

OK, so track arrival has been delayed. But that doesn't change the fact that the station building barely has foundations let alone any vertical construction...

Just as a point re time scales. One of the ride ops mentioned to me yesterday that the the construction isn't actually behind schedule, they totally changed the schedule as the marketing didn't want track to be erected during the season. They wanted to keep as much track out of the public eye as posable.. Warning! This is ride op information so should be taken with the pinch of salt that all ride op info is taken, we all know that ride ops know next to nothing apart from what guests tell them, but he did seem quite sure of himself and from the effort levels over the past few weeks this does look feasible.

Its okay if track gets built in closed season because as we have seen with past Gerstlauer projects, Gerstlauer track go up very quick.

I'm just worried because after they get the track up they have at least 3 months to do theming, queue line, paving, fences! An awful lot, now i'm not worried about it not being finished but going by Merlin past track record, they have either just finished it, or missed the deadline! ???

Stop panicking about the schedule! Seriously!

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

In terms of the schedule everyone's panicking about. Yes, Alton Towers are behind schedule. Although they have learnt from past projects and they know things will get in the way, orders will be delayed, problems will occur on site etc... They take this into account when planning the whole construction phase of the project. Alton Towers and Merlin Studios are highly experienced and have highly experienced teams working on the project.

The original track delivery date will be just that, the original date. Alton Towers allow time for mis-haps so just because things are, what, 3-4 weeks behind - that doesn't mean it will not be completed by March. Time is allowed for things to go wrong, that's the basic of any project! So there is nothing to worry about!

We've got to remember Alton Towers aren't a bunch of children let loose on a major project. They have the most experienced people in the industry working on this project - have a little faith!

Workers ate there today so they've clearly stepped things up!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Got very excited this morning to see 3 new pages of new discussion, only to find out its just been squabbling, brilliant...

I have a friend at the park today and he can confirm work is continuing today. So something has changed there.

I must admit I'm getting quite hyped for this ride. The last time Alton dug a hole this big... We know what we ended up with!

Is anybody else getting a proper 'old skool' secret weapon vibe from this project? The combination of the teaser marketing so far, and the downright confusing site excavation is exciting me far more than Thirteen and to a certain extent, AIR. This feels like an Oblivion-style, hush hush project.

That's a lot of excavation now, too much! Makes me wonder if there may be a sub terrain element to this ride. The excavation is now certainly extending into the station area, giving strength to the speculation that there is something going on in there other than load/unload and queue lines. The fact that this excavation is now creeping into almost a third of the entire site is really exciting me.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.