• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
This is currently very clever hype, if they carry on with this and forget the whole "ultimate this" and "your worst" stuff then they will build up good hype without telling people what they should feel and they will have a winning formular on their hands.

:)

That's genuinely brilliant. I'm very impressed. :D

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Todays photos.. Enjoy

The back of the site has had some serious work done this week
P1020432.JPG

rebar has been embedded
P1020433.JPG

This is the from the mid level, around the middle of the footprint. There is a lot of soil being moved around
P1020436.JPG

Zoomed out
P1020439.JPG

From the base gates
P1020440.JPG

The concrete sides that have already been mentioned. These are obviosly going to be slotted in soonish
P1020443.JPG

More rebar waiting to go in at the back of the site
P1020446.JPG

SIgn of the day
P1020447.JPG

Ohh look they've found another way to fill up the hole with water
P1020449.JPG

From the toilets
P1020450.JPG

a rebar cube awaiting positioning.
P1020455.JPG

a glimpse inside the sub station
P1020463.JPG

usual site overview
P1020467.JPG

I spy old supports
P1020470.JPG

my that's a mighty deep hole.. and with supports all around it.. whats going on here? And some concrete spacers have already been added.
P1020488.JPG

P1020491.JPG

It reminds me a little of that little clip from The Magic Factory following Oblivion's marketing, where they discuss using only the symbol, not associating it with the ride, just getting people familiar with the logo and the colours.

Only trouble is we don't know what that Face is, maybe it's the logo or maybe it isn't. That's what I like about all of this, it's the fabrication of a mystery.

But that was exactly the same with the Oblivion marketing, we only know it's the logo now, but then it had no clues whatsoever. Exciting stuff, especially with these massive holes appearing on site.

That face popping up everywhere is great.

It really makes me forget the ride is at least a month behind schedule...

It's fine with regards to schedule, don't get over worried.

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back in March, track was 'due to arrive in September'. A few months ago I'm sure I saw '1st of October' or '1st week of October', now it's mid-October. And the sit is clearly way behind where similar projects were at this time.

I'm not overly worried yet, if the track is fully erected before the end of the season, I'll be happy. If it's not, then I'll be 'overly worried'.

We know when track was due, we know it has been delayed. I think the point Dan was making was that doesn't mean we believe it will certainly miss its schedule opening day. We also know rumours are flying around about dates that things should have happened, that doesn't always mean the deadline will be missed. Also please be polite.

ThemeParkJack said:
It was polite. The reason it won't miss scheduled opening is due to Towers forcing site workers to work through the night too.

At the moment they can't due to the stipulations of the planning application, they can't work past 6pm

I think you find they had permission! (Information from high merlin staff member) I can guarantee they work overnight. They pushed track delivering back due to not finishing ground works but as the progress is moving rapidly due to over night working there nearly ready for track delivery.

Whether it opens on time or not, we can all agree the tracks were meant to be arriving START of September. Any by anyone's standards, the track still isn't here almost 30 days on.

Dave said:
ThemeParkJack said:
It was polite. The reason it won't miss scheduled opening is due to Towers forcing site workers to work through the night too.

At the moment they can't due to the stipulations of the planning application, they can't work past 6pm
Too be honest thats what plenty people think but claims off a member off staff they work past 6pm as its been granted by the planning agency.

ThemeParkJack said:
I think you find they had permission! (Information from high merlin staff member) I can guarantee they work overnight. They pushed track delivering back due to not finishing ground works but as the progress is moving rapidly due to over night working there nearly ready for track delivery.

Its always a Merlin source isn't it, frankly I am going to believe the likes of blaze and Dave purely due to their time spent on the site, that and if there was construction work taking place at midnight do you not think the village would have something to say?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.