• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
willb said:
Got very excited this morning to see 3 new pages of new discussion, only to find out its just been squabbling, brilliant...

It happens every now and again, you should have seen the squabbles during 13 construction. Though we remind people to keep things nice and friendly.

Hopefully we will see things step up now but it wouldn't surprise me if we dont see much vertical construction during the season. Will add to the mystery of the thing.

I don't want mystery! I want track! ;)

I feel that they'll be alright, though, in all seriousness. I wouldn't expect this heavy marketing across their site if they weren't expecting it open at the start of next season.

I'm not going to lie, I'll be vastly disappointed if it isn't. I mean, I know there's stuff to do, and the weather intervenes, etc. but surely 4 months of a closed park is enough to build a coaster and the surrounding area? ???

I would love there to be an underground section at the start of the ride. It would make the size of the station building make much more sense to me. At the moment though I'm not convinced any excavation is deep enough yet. The original plans had the pathways going quite deep into the ground and I'm not certain yet that there is enough space to have any significant ride section in there yet. That being said, it's almost enough to make me want to start avoiding this topic for fear of spoilers.

This has just been posted on the TowersStreet Facebook page, with the caption 'Marketing hots up for SW7'.
224495_387226058014511_1019787856_n.jpg

It's looking very good, but I'm more intrigued by the hash tag at the bottom - '#getcorrected' - which leads me to believe that this will be linked with The Sanctuary/The Ministry of Joy. Also, I find the wording 'New world beating rollercoaster' to be of interest, too. I'm aware that John Wardley said at the Thirteen evening that SW7 would have a world's first, but that was most likely for when it was planned to go on the Air car park, and not the currently planned coaster. World beating? They can't be going for the inversion record - I don't think that even with the hole, there'd be enough space to beat it - but even so, I'm getting more and more excited about SW7. :D

Very interesting, the phrasing of "World Beating" will seriously appeal to the GP in the respect that it hypes it up for those that have no idea what's being built. This is also the first mention of it being a coaster in park advertising (I think) so their continued insistence that it will be opened in March 2013 is given slightly more credence. Surely they wouldn't advertise it being a coaster that will open in March if they didn't think it actually would?

Jonathan said:
This has just been posted on the TowersStreet Facebook page, with the caption 'Marketing hots up for SW7'.
224495_387226058014511_1019787856_n.jpg

It's looking very good, but I'm more intrigued by the hash tag at the bommom - '#getcorrected' - which leads me to believe that this will be linked with The Sanctuary/The Ministry of Joy. Also, I find the wording 'New world beating rollercoaster' to be of interest, too. I'm aware that John Wardley said at the Thirteen evening that SW7 would have a world's first, but that was most likely for when it was planned to go on the Air car park, and not the currently planned coaster. World beating? They can't be going for the inversion record - I don't think that even with the hole, there'd be enough space to beat it - but even so, I'm getting more and more excited about SW7. :D

This is great to see, finally some advertising actually linking a Rollercoaster to sw7 ( which we all knew, but as for the public they wouldn't of had a clue ). < That rhymes too :p

As for the #getcorrected, the information on Alton's website for The Sanctuary states - Is life a burden? Are things getting you down? Lost your smile?" Now seen as though we no The Sanctuary & SW7 are both linked together the #getcorrected could be, let the Ministry of joy put you right, get you CORRECTED and put a Smile back on that face ?

They've already put a smile on my face with the marketing. No "ultimate coaster" crap has cropped up yet.

Very clever wording being used. Could be a world first, could be trying to break a record, could mean anything; which keeps the speculation net wide open.

At least we have an official countdown on the main site now, exciting!

There's a new pop up on the main site now, When you go on the homepage the face pop up linking you to the 2013 website.

SO EXCITED!

LordOfDarkness said:
There's a new pop up on the main site now, When you go on the homepage the face pop up linking you to the 2013 website.

SO EXCITED!

That's bee on the site for a few days now mate, your right though, fantastic advertising :) it's making me Smile and i've not even checked myself in yet :p

"World beating" suggests some kind of record to me, with inversions seemingly the most plausible? I'm far from certain though, maybe they just decided against using the "world's first" on this occasion.

The SW7 website has a countdown, which is on 166 days currently. This makes the opening time Saturday the 16th of March, at 11 o'clock.

Loaster said:
The SW7 website has a countdown, which is on 166 days currently. This makes the opening time Saturday the 16th of March, at 11 o'clock.

I've managed to confuse myself trying to make sense of this, but wouldn't it technically be at 10 o'clock with the extra hour added due to the clocks changing between now and then?

Yeah it'll be 10 o'clock as the clocks go back this month. Nice to see a slightly earlier opening date next year :)

What I'm taking from the phrasing of "world beating" is that there isn't going to be a "worlds first" element, just a traditional multi inverting coaster that packs a punch.

Which in my opinion is exactly what the park has needed for the past 10 years or so. I'd be more than happy with an out and out coaster. If there is a worlds first thrown in, or it does break a record for most inverts, I'll be over the moon, but I'm not expecting it :)

The fact that its "world beating", and typically being towers, I hope it goes for a more unconventional way of beating a world record, rather than just going upside down lots more than any other coaster, that just sounds far too Thorpe park for my liking :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.