• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
As much as I want to get sucked into all the hype surrounding these recent pictures, I'm not going to say anything 'till the damn thing opens, still, it all does look promising, and that's got to count for something... :p

Not wanting to sound like a suck-up here, but I'd like to thank Rob for all these great pictures. Living far away means I won't get to see any of this hype in person so I'm immensely grateful to him for sharing them.

Big thanks, Rob! :)

Rumour has it that Oblivion merch is being sold-off, much like Rita's was in 2009. Could be very telling!

Dont know, i wasn't on park but if they are only selling off Oblivion merch then it could suggest at least a restyling?

The merchandise on Sunday wasn't being reduced - apart from those little card models of Oblivion.

I'd be surprised of any changes to Oblivon for 2013.

I think that would be very foolish from the park's point of view. I would say that Oblivion is probably the ride with the strongest 'brand' around it. Equally, what we've seen of SW7 so far seems relatively bang in line with Oblivion's theme and X Sector as a whole.

It wouldn't surprise me if they may refresh the branding a tad - black-yellow-striped danger tape or something, with the fresher "futuristic" typeface they're using for SW7.

Oblivion is too famous to be rethemed, I think.

Couldn't they just be launching new merchandise alongside SW7 to create a new identity for the area?

Surely the nature of Oblivion's theming (i.e. architecture over standalone theming elements) isn't something that could easily be changed.

I'd doubt that Oblivion would be changing much... The logo and typeface for the ride are in keeping with the modern style of this new marketing that has appeared today.

Ill be interested to see how the Towers logo is modified for the ride though - presuming they do so similar to the modification used for Th13teen.

Also, this is the first time SW7 has been dropped from the marketing. I wonder if it will come back at all?

In terms of Blivvy merch, there is more Blivvy stuff reduced than anything else. Plus it is in a lot of the shops around all of the park. They have the build your own Oblivion, the key ring bear, drinks bottle thing and a couple of other items I can't remember reduced. So not a mass clear out but more than you would imagine, as if they are trying to clear it out. There will almost certainly be new Blivvy merch next year regardless as park of an area refresh I'd imagine!

:)

There is quite a lot of merchandise being sold off, not just oblivion merchandise, so I don't think that's that telling unless they are also re-theming battle gallons and duel.

Jordan said:
It wouldn't surprise me if they may refresh the branding a tad - black-yellow-striped danger tape or something, with the fresher "futuristic" typeface they're using for SW7.

Oblivion is too famous to be rethemed, I think.

This seems like the most likely scenario. Not a complete change, but just a small refresh of the brand. I have my bets on X-Sector keeping the name and just having a re-brand to keep it up with SW7's theme. Plus they'll most likely flog off the current Oblivion merch, then bulk order the new SW7/Oblivion/X-Sector merch that will all carry the same brand and theme.

I'd imagine getting ride of the current crop of Oblivion merchandise is the most likely scenario - it is crap after all!

Why don't they use the proper logo anymore or sell the cool merch like the body sprays??

Yeah, probably just trying to lower stock levels.. like usual.. You can get wraith minifigure statue thingys for about 75p atm, for example.

If people remember, rita merch was reduced pretty much the entire of 09 season, that was very telling. They'dve reduced these ages ago if they were doing any major change.

From the pictures I have seen, I can pretty much confirm that there will be an indoor/enclosed section. It looks to me like they are creating a "cut & cover" underground area underneath the cobra - roll area of the coaster.

Take a look at this image:

P1140272.jpg

The girders are the same as the ones used to make the crypt sections of th13teen. It is going to be a building, as the poles are at 90 degree angles to each other.

Think of basements with windows looking up a trench in the ground, (a bit like splash landings hotel actualy). That seems to be what is going on.
After watching a lot of these "footballer's Villas" being build in Alderley Edge, the construction method looks to be the same.

I'm willing to bet that that it will be enclosed with concrete/steel with a roof, then filled over. This would give the coaster enough room for an indoor section similar to "SAW". This to me makes total sense, & ties in with the marketing.

Some examples of the building techniques being used:

image_1.jpg

C_71_article_1413362_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

image_4.jpg

:)

I to can see a large underground section.
Very interested in what the tag'World Beating' means - does this mean they have perhaps cut the worlds first, or was there never one in the first place?

Although this adds nothing to this discussion, thought I'd mess with the face logo a bit...

MoJUnhappy_zpsf296cf15.png

*in Nelson's voice* Hahaaa!

:p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.