• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I would hate to see Oblivion be rethemed, not only is it to iconic to see it being retheme, but it maybe also to difficult to do so. On the topic of selling off the merchandise, Maybe that's a huge coincidence? Like if Alton are overstocked on Oblivion merch. But I could be wrong. The same thing happend with Rita before getting it's Dark Forest retheme and Spinball Whizzer before getting it's rethemed to Sonic.

Speaking of Sonic, what prices are the merchandise on that? If I'm not wrong the contract with SEGA is supposed to be ending this year :(

Could it be possible that wherever they store the Oblivion merchandise that isn't in the shop will be the same place they store the extra SW7 merch that isn't in it's own shop, so they need to clear out some space in preparation?

Going back to playing around with the Face Logo, after a dream I had last night, I think I just managed to find a way of making it even creepier!!

SW7Smile.gif

OmNomNom... I'm going to eat you!!

They did have Oblivion merch on offer but so was lots of other things, I imagine there will be loads of new Oblvion merch next year much like we have had loads of Nemesis merch this year. I cant see them changing the logo or anything too much as it is very iconic (the logo is placed all around the ride!)

I think it would be good if oblivions station was dismantled during the closed season an re clad with concrete maybe a few windows added make it feel more futuristic but add some grime to make it a bit run down

The Oblivion station is fine now. You can't see any grime because the stone-effect covering has come off so now you can just see the wooden frame underneath.

The station needs some serious TLC and I'd love to see the ride touched up during the closed season... The fact that the wooden structure is exposed in places is terrible and the whole ride and queue generally needs a repaint and clean up before SW7 opens.

It's feasible to expect discussion of Oblivion though - particularly when speculating what part it will play opposite SW7 next year.

Well the new coaster will have a big impact on Oblivion. A brand new coaster with loads of inversions is opening next to it for the 2013 season which will pinch the spotlight from Oblivion in X-Sector, so it should be in top form. Unfortunately it isn't, so queues will be even shorter unless they give it some attention as well.

Rita got a makeover for Th13teen's arrival, so Oblivion should get some tlc (no makeover, please :p ) for SW7. It's only fair, right?

mrbrightside said:
It's feasible to expect discussion of Oblivion though - particularly when speculating what part it will play opposite SW7 next year.

Then start a new thread about it instead of jacking this one.
I look on here for updates on SW7 not what colour Oblivions going to be next year, I don't care.

BigT said:
mrbrightside said:

Then start a new thread about it instead of jacking this one.
I look on here for updates on SW7 not what colour Oblivions going to be next year, I don't care.
There's no need to be rude about it... In my opinion, speculation about Oblivion comes into this thread's remit as the impact of SW7 will probably effect X-Sector and Oblivion in some way be it branding, colours, theme, merch or more.

Could we care to act a little more polite please. :)

The look of Oblivion will cross over with SW7 discussion, that is bound to happen - since the theme of SW7 will have an impact on the area. However if any members wish to discuss Oblivion (or X-Sector's) theme in-depth then feel free to make a new topic. This topic is fine to have cross overs of discussions, as that will always happens with topics like this. However could we aim to ensure that we stay on the topic of SW7.

Can I remind all members that if you have a problem with a post then report it please, as a member of the team can deal with it straight away. As always please ensure that posts are well mannered towards others and do not come across as rude. Thanks. :)

I know its really early yet, but anyone got any name idea's from the little bit of theming and info we've been given?
I was thinking maybe Depleted,Mesmeric,Narcotic,Invirgorating.
Or maybe even just Advocate, its already been seen in some of the posters, and it kinda fits..
I know I've got terrible idea's, please make them seem worse by posting some of your better ones!

It could be liked with the Advocates wanted or the GetCorrected hashtag, I think it will be linked with the Ministry of joy/Sanctury, then again it could be linked with the smiling faces that are now all over the construction boards. The posters really arnt giving much away. But you have to think what Sub-Terra and TH13TEEN was like, both had completly different names on their posters.

Maybe they will do something like Sub Terra and do a video with the name on new years eve or later this year.

I think that, if they really want to stir the hype, they should release the name before the end of the season.

Think about if they put posters up on TowersStreet with the ride name for the Fireworks weekend - and the 70,000+ guests (at a rough guess) who would see it and notice. Compare this with the measly 14,000 people who have watched the Sub-Terra name launch video on YouTube.

The thing is though, I would imagine the majority of the 70,000+ guests who they could be exposing it to, don't really care what the new ride is called. They want to know if it's fun, and no amount of marketing other than explicitly showing off the ride will do that. the 14,000 people who watched the Sub Terra video are the people who are actually guinely interested in what the ride is called.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.