• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think they will release the name before season ends, large numbers do come to the park in the next few weeks and it cements a seed that people will then recall when the final marketing push comes in March.

BSwiss said:
If memory serves Th13teen's name was revealed in December?

Yes it was, as the old site once quoted. December 10th, which was a Thursday, so a pretty random day so I'd expect it any time in December but I'd expect this to have a bigger marketing campaign than TH13TEEN so maybe we could get our Christmas presents even earlier. I can't remember what I said in the SW7 sweepstakes, but I'm gonna go for a few days earlier on the 7th (Monday) as it isn't as random.

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/news/parkn ... &ucat=5,6&

A bit annoyingly you can't compare the construction of this ride to Th13teen because the minisite has been removed from TowersTimes...

CoasterCrazyChris said:
A bit annoyingly you can't compare the construction of this ride to Th13teen because the minisite has been removed from TowersTimes...

The place is falling apart - they've pushed the "new management" and "new features" of the site so much that much of the archived content like the SW minisites are either gone or unreliable to access.

The Psychoaster said:
CoasterCrazyChris said:

The place is falling apart - they've pushed the "new management" and "new features" of the site so much that much of the archived content like the SW minisites are either gone or unreliable to access.

TowersTimes is working fine, it's only the SW6 mini site that we've had problems with but it'll be back soon.

Can we keep on-topic please, any suggestions or comments about other sites/ forums should be directed to the site themselves and not posted here.

Many thanks

So, SW7 will have a world's first feature, as confirmed in the marketing video in the Scarefest topic. Time for the speculation as to what it is from construction to truly commence.

looks like the marketing is really starting to pick up, don't no if any of you guys have seen the video yet but i swear it's the creepiest thing i've seen for a long time.

This guy creeps me the hell out :(
ScreenShot2012-10-04at124823_zps12c4026f.png

^^^ Make him the director of the ministry of joy, or the doctor in charge of his patients, he's creepy as hell lol.

Nice to see it confirmed that it'll have a world's first, whatever it may be. I'd be worried about gimmicks if we hadn't seen the plans and what they can squish into the site (assuming the plans are accurate). We know that there will (hopefully) be a lot of ride to back this world's first feature up, that it may be very re-rideable just based on the quality of the track layout.

Any world first will add to the ride rather than being the whole focus and point of it is what I'm trying to say I guess.

For anyone who hasn't seen the Scarefest topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLcFwxTIhC0

Edit:

Sorry just quickly posted the link before having another watch!!

Really really creepy :-/ the smiley face being imposed onto Doctor Death (my name for him!) really made me shudder!

Fantastic marketing so far... oohhh I've got goosebumps :D.

I know I've said it once, but I'll say it again: I really believe the ride will be called "Smile". There's a hell of a lot of focus on smiling with this ride's marketing, including that doctors creepy smile and the line "Will you make it out with a smile on your face?".

Pretty good video though, wonder if they were actually doing those 'tests' on real members of the public...

I can't imagine Smile being the actual name. I don't know why but it just doesn't seem to fit as a Roller Coasters name. But I think it's a very interesting suggestion. I certainly expect something along the lines of a happy thing turned sinister.

But then I never speculate on ride names. I find it tends to lead to disappointment when you come up with something better, especially given the complete randomness of Th13teen which absolutely no one saw coming.

Smile would actually be quite a good name... Totally at odds with the theme I the ride. Like you say though, the name is nigh on impossible to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

How about The Smile, The Smiler or The Smiling... guaranteed it doesn't immediately jump out as a name Alton Towers would use for a ride. However it's simple, easy to understand and fits into the concept brilliantly.

At this stage of the project though it's near enough impossible for us to guess likely names. We've got very little to go by. However it's still all a part of the fun of speculation.

Sorry, that wasn't aimed at anyone. I meant the video. I can't stand those obviously faked "real" reactions. You normally see them on the kind of film trailer that tells you nothing whatsoever about the film.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.