• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
CGM said:
If this rolling track track section is going to be the secret element, I can see it happening in a "correction chamber" either at the beginning or end of the course maybe incorporating the hypnotic logo. This could work quite nicely with the theme and with multiple spins, produce a really unsettling feeling.

Realistically, I think that Alton only has to beat Colossus' inversion count as Guinness are about the only people who count Ejanaika's record. you only need to watch the ride through its course to see that it simply doesn't invert 14 times.

There is the colossus clone + 1 inversion opening very soon in Chine

Personally, I hope this isn't true. Or at least, that they don't use the element to break the record, that would just be unpleasant. I think this may well be a good point to leave this topic although it may already be too late to avoid the spoilers. Farewell, SW7 discussion, may your spoilers be contained within this one thread!

oldgitben said:
Didnt Alton once say they would never chase the highest, longest, most inversions etc as it will always be beaten?
True but they also made two other statements at the same event:

"Alton build a new attraction every single year"
"The Black Hole Tent site will be developed on in 2012 or after SW7, it will not become SW7"

Both of these have since been proved wrong, and let’s not even mention the mid-term development plan.

But don't get me wrong this still needs to be taken with more than a pinch of salt.

Tim said:
oldgitben said:
Didnt Alton once say they would never chase the highest, longest, most inversions etc as it will always be beaten?
True but they also made two other statements at the same event that:

"Alton build a new attraction every single year"
"The Black Hole Tent site will be developed on in 2012 or after SW7, it will not become SW7"

Both of these have since been proved wrong, and let’s not even mention the mid-term development plan.

But don't get me wrong this still needs to be taken with more than a pinch of salt.

Im thinking that SW7 is still to be built and will be SW8 but thats another discussion. Whilst I am personally very excited by these leaks we will only know if its true when:-

1) AT ask for the removal of said leaks
2) AT confirm said leaks to be true
3) we ride it on opening day

Well the bit about the floor is not much different from what we all said ages ago about the wall being glass to let you see the ride. The bit about the track has been suggested many times since the plan came out.

This smacks of Shawn Sanbrooke's legendary "SW6 will be a B&M prototype and there'll be an Intamin spinner in the tent" incident.

Take with as much salt to sink a medium sized island.

The more I think about this "news" the less I believe it. It just sounds completely unworkable, and it would be pretty pointless.

Possible sponsorship deal anyone?
220px-LGwashingmachine.jpg

Blaze said:
Well the bit about the floor is not much different from what we all said ages ago about the wall being glass to let you see the ride. The bit about the track has been suggested many times since the plan came out.

This smacks of Shawn Sanbrooke's legendary "SW6 will be a B&M prototype and there'll be an Intamin spinner in the tent" incident.

Take with as much salt to sink a medium sized island.

This has come from multiple different sources though. While I agree that what we've heard doesn't sound fully convincing I believe there are parts of this that are true. Just because it is what many people were expecting does not make it wrong, most of us thought Th13teen would be a free-fall drop at this stage of its development and we where correct then.

There are parts that could be true, but the fact we've all been saying them for months will mean if it is true, it's just coincidence. They've taken the likeliest parts of the speculation so if it comes true they can look reliable.

Like the people who claimed inside knowledge of Thirteen's drop. At this point in 2009, 90% of us were certain about the drop, especially after the track went up. Didn't mean we had inside info, it just meant we looked at the plans and construction site and made an educated prediction.

I don't buy this whole "if it's true, Alton will ask them to take it down soon" thing. Let's assume this rumour is true, and Towers did ask TowersTimes to take it down - why should they? They've already let the cat out of the bag with the post in the first place - and by publishing the rumour in the first place, they are accepting that it would have repercussions with Towers. On the other hand though, you could argue that TowersTimes don't have much to lose reputation-wise with Towers, given the dispute over their queue-time site earlier this summer.

As for the rumour itself, it doesn't sound like something which could not already have been supposed from the plans and a bit of creative guesswork. I'd be interested to see how much of it is true come next March, but given it is unsourced in the article - beyond a bit of hearsay, right now it has as much credibility as Sanbrooke's SW6 rumour ;-)

I think, if done right, a spinning track could work.

It'd have to be done pretty fast with a hypnotic swirl spinning in the opposite direction to really disorientate you (think of that tunnel in Duel that makes you feel like you're spinning). After that, BAM, a launch up the first hill.

Meat Pie said:
Tim said:
This has come from multiple different sources though.

So did the intelligence saying that Iraq were harboring WMDs. ;)
I know there are multiple sources because the one that posted on the forum did not know anything about a trick track, only the number of Inversions.

The truth is I think the real reason this is not being treated more seriously is because it was posted on TowersTimes. But the team there are not idiots. Some of them are very well informed having previously worked for Merlin Magic Making and they wouldn't risk the fading respect of the site on pure speculation. They would have been as careful with this news as any of our own team would have been.

I don't see why anyone should respect a 'news' article which doesn't site any sources. It's ludicrous.

I don't care if it was TT, TST, ATA or TN. Just provide some evidence otherwise the article is completely disreputable.

Meat Pie said:
I don't see why anyone should respect a 'news' article which doesn't site any sources. It's ludicrous.

I don't care if it was TT, TST, ATA or TN. Just provide some evidence otherwise the article is completely disreputable.

In most cases I agree, but for things like this then naming the sources is never going to happen as it puts people's jobs at risk. For something regarding SW7 to get out, a staff member that knows something is going to have had to told someone else, and said staff member will almost certainly be under some sort of confidentiality signature. Naming the sources would just be like saying please sack this person, or it would at least give a good indication as to who leaked it.

I'm fully prepared to believe that TT do have numerous sources saying this. Just like our team members often post here saying that sources suggest whatever as happens quite frequently. It's just not always possible to name sources. Of course whether the sources are correct or not is a completely different matter. I suspect there is some truth in it from things I have heard myself over the last few months regarding revolving track, it's certainly and interesting idea and makes good sense to me in terms of the theme and the digging that has taken place.

:)

Rob said:
Meat Pie said:

In most cases I agree, but for things like this then naming the sources is never going to happen as it puts people's jobs at risk. For something regarding SW7 to get out, a staff member that knows something is going to have had to told someone else, and said staff member will almost certainly be under some sort of confidentiality signature. Naming the sources would just be like saying please sack this person, or it would at least give a good indication as to who leaked it.

I'm fully prepared to believe that TT do have numerous sources saying this. Just like our team members often post here saying that sources suggest whatever as happens quite frequently. It's just not always possible to name sources. Of course whether the sources are correct or not is a completely different matter. I suspect there is some truth in it from things I have heard myself over the last few months regarding revolving track, it's certainly and interesting idea and makes good sense to me in terms of the theme and the digging that has taken place.

:)
Exactly my point!

Like I said before I'm not asking people to believe this. I only believe part of it myself and certainly don't want this to be the case. I'm just saying don't write it off as being made up so quickly.

Can't prove it? Then don't post it as news.

It really is that simple.

However, if someone does post it, they really shouldn't have the audacity to be surprised or whinge when people inevitably label them as an unreliable source.

I think this is a very interesting idea, even if completely untrue it's brought this topic back to life with speculation beyond the usual weekly pictures of mud being transported around. I think a madhouse concept could work here, with the track rotating, however the scenery around the track acting in such a way that your mind is confused and perhaps you look as though you aren't moving at all.

The glass shop idea is excellent also - granted it's a gimmick but it would definitely be an interesting gimmick. Perhaps that's what that semicircular "tented" section on the side of the building in the plans was - an area with the glass bottom that is aside from the rest of the shop so that guests can look down on the coaster?

I don't believe it. It would be massively uncomfortable, pointless, and would massively reduce throughput.

It'd be like a ride on Submission before you head out on the coaster.

I LOVE the idea of a glass bottomed viewing area of the coaster, it sounds fantastic.....everything else though, can do one!!

Just a passing comment too, cracking job on the scarefest makeover, looks brill!!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.