• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'd thought about the glass floor before lol, underneath the queue line or the plaza area, but I thought it was too much of a stupid little idea to post here!
And as for the spinner thing, i really cant imagine it... At first i thought maybe you'd drive in, tge train would click in space and the car would just spin around, like they cook chicken at sainsburys on that skewer thinG XD But reading what you'd said, it seems like a rotating arm thing? Idk
And what speed would it rotate at? Too quick would be way too disoriontating,but too slow wouls be painfully sickening, And lower throughput i guess...

wow, certainly sounds amazing in theory :D I just can't help thinking it'll be another th13teen style mechanical fail that keeps breaking down.... ???

Had a chance to sleep on it and I still quite like the idea of this rotating track.

I don't think it'll flip you over more than once or twice as it'll be uncomfortable. BUT, there's nothing stopping Alton Towers management from running the ride once each year with the number of rotations higher than the current inversion record. It'll be a big two fingers up to other parks as AT could always beat the inversion record, then switch the ride back to normal operating mode.

Sounds perfectly viable to me, both technically, and in terms of what we've seen so far from the theme. The 'ministry' experiment makes sense in terms of the rumoured element being something that you are put through, and the artwork, which obviously seems to suggest lots of spinning.

TheBaron said:
The problem I have (If it is true, which I have mixed feelings over) is Merlin's history of having to neuter plans because they don't have the cash. I hope that if this does end up being the feature they're smart enough to use everything they've got to make sure it really does make for a Secret Weapon.
They definitely won't cut out the feature, as the whole ride will have been designed and in manufacturing many months ago. Theming is easy to 'neuter', as it'll be produced much closer to the end of the whole process.

This 'rotating track' feature will be great fun when the thing inevitably breaks down and I'm left hanging upside-down by Gerstlauer shoulder restraints for an hour-and-a-half.

Not really adding to the discussion as such, but I did want to add that I'd like to applaud the direction this is going in so far.

Saw, has shown how what is quite a normal ride really, can be morphed into something with great atmosphere. I absolutely crapped it the first time I was on that ride, and almost gave a fast track away to avoid it ;D

The thought of a SMOOTHER version, with inversions, a twisted hypnotic theme, and a world's first element - WHICH this time, isn't actually as important to an SW of this calibre than was such with the free fall drop.

You will always remember the reason the free fall drop was a world's first - it's almost more important than the actual coaster that surrounds it. Oblivion, maintains it's daunting appearance - not because the drop/tunnel was critical to it as an SW, but because it's brilliant - and feels a part of the coaster, not simply an element the coaster travels THROUGH.

I hope, that is what they maintain here, (and the signs are fantastic, given they are taking real note of the psychology) and that they make something integrated.

I heard from a good source about this trick element a few months back but held back from posting anything. I have however heard something slightly different in that the track does not rotate as such and there are no moving parts to the element...... but.... imagine a loop.... but with an inline twist at the top of it, so its like a loop within a loop sorta thing and I think you'd be closer to the real thing being planned...

GaryH said:
I heard from a good source about this trick element a few months back but held back from posting anything. I have however heard something slightly different in that the track does not rotate as such and there are no moving parts to the element...... but.... imagine a loop.... but with an inline twist at the top of it, so its like a loop within a loop sorta thing and I think you'd be closer to the real thing being planned...

We already have those, that would not be a world's first.

htnha5t6k7hl001l11uju2.jpg

Kinda exactly what I thought. An half barrel roll into a half loop down into a half loop up and then into a half barrel roll. Two inversions in a tight compact area add another barrel roll just before the lift and then the other 9 inversions we know about and there's your 11.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

....but Alton changed their wording from World First to World Beating didn't they?

Anyway that's what I heard from a good source...... What about 2 inversions within a loop? One on the way up into the loop, then the loop, and the other on the way back down out of the loop - that would fit with the logos we are seeing...

GaryH said:
....but Alton changed their wording from World First to World Beating didn't they?

Anyway that's what I heard from a good source...... What about 2 inversions within a loop?

And Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit has been open since 2009, so it's not exactly like their plans have been scuppered by an unexpected new ride.

With respect, this makes what you heard from a 'good source' seem very unlikely, unless this 'good source' doesn't have the ability to access RCDB. Especially now you're shifting the goalposts to two inversions. Please give some sort of evidence of this source, or I'm afraid people will simply not believe you, and disregard what you have to say. :)

I cant give evidence to the source im afraid for obvious reasons only to say they do have some inside knowledge and what I heard was that there would be an inversion or inversions within a loop. I took this to be one, but seeing the logo and as you pointed out, then perhaps there will actually be two.

Not bothered if people believe me or disregard what I have to say, everything on here is speculation anyway, and i'm just adding my 2 pence worth as to rumours I have heard. No one will know for sure until the track goes up.

EuroSatch said:
I thought it was confirmed to be lap bars?
Not to my knowledge but I believe because of an IAAPA interview that Gerstlauer now provide lap bars as standard so if this ride doesn't have them it'll be because Merlin have specified that they don't want them. I can't see why this would be the case?

Unless it's an inverting twist at the top? So instead of a non-inverting loop, you now have three upside down moments? One at the start of the twist, one in the middle and one on the way out.

I have to agree, doesn't seem very world beating though. :/

I'd just like to say I am still loving the face logo and have not tired of it in the slightest. Well done Candy!

What I didn't get is all this shooting down of people's ideas, this is a discussion topic where we are discussing ideas on the new ride, so what if someone posts and says they have info from a good source about the ride, let's embrace the idea and see if its plausible, no one gets any extra browny points if there right at the end of the day

Sam said:
GaryH said:

We already have those, that would not be a world's first.

htnha5t6k7hl001l11uju2.jpg

I dearly hope the ride is nothing like that. Rough, uncomfortable, even painful. Thank god this is supposed to be a Gerst and not a Maurer - their lapbar/car system does not fill me with confidence on the basis of HRRR.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.