• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Agreed. Not a band. Something atmospheric and simple, not like Oblivion's though, that's too unique for anything similar to be done. But I want one that I can easily sing along to too, trying to sing to Oblivion's music in hilarious. an orchestra piece, something on a synth but like I said make it simple, not too many notes or anything and make it good background music too. I find it's better when you can't tell the musics being played.

Tweet from Theme Park Worldwide's Twitter.

All credit goes to them:

SW7 hoodys, t-shirts and mugs are now available in Towers Trading!

A5Q8KSKCAAADbpw.jpg:large

They're a little... plain... aren't they? :p

You could actually just take the MoJ face and make your own stuff on something like Zazzle.

I expect more from theme park merchandise than that, but I guess I'll have to reserve full judgement until I get a good look at the stuff on Friday afternoon.

if your wondering why it hasn't been added to rcdb this is why

You've asked me this once before didn't you?

Anyway, I don’t list coasters until track is on site or the park makes a real public announcement. The teaser stuff the park has done to date I don’t care about.

As you said, there isn't any track on site yet. So give it time. There really isn't any value in adding an entry with no details to the site.

Duane

Coastermaster said:

Anyway, I don’t list coasters until track is on site or the park makes a real public announcement. The teaser stuff the park has done to date I don’t care about.

As you said, there isn't any track on site yet. So give it time. There really isn't any value in adding an entry with no details to the site.

Duane

This is Staffordshire posted some details about the coaster in an article that someone posted a link to a few pages back. Don't know if that would be of any use to you right now?

:)

Edit: Here...

The new ride will have:

A top speed of 85 kilometres-per-hour – 10kph faster than Air;

A highest drop of 30 metres;

A track length of 1,170 metres –three times the length of Oblivion;

A ride time of 165 seconds – three times longer than Rita;

A capacity of 64 passengers on each ride.

BigAl said:
Coastermaster said:

Duane

This is Staffordshire posted some details about the coaster in an article that someone posted a link to a few pages back. Don't know if that would be of any use to you right now?

:)

Edit: Here...

The new ride will have:

A top speed of 85 kilometres-per-hour – 10kph faster than Air;

A highest drop of 30 metres;

A track length of 1,170 metres –three times the length of Oblivion;

A ride time of 165 seconds – three times longer than Rita;

A capacity of 64 passengers on each ride.
Yea ive just sent that

A definite win-win putting merchandise like that in the various shops in park. It gets the brand seen by people who may not necessarily make their way to X Sectorduring Scarefest and some people will inevitably buy them.

Then come opening day next year they'll have a more complete branded range of merchandise available.

Coastermaster said:

Duane

Surely the fact that there's a great big hole with track foundations in place and the words “New World Beating RollerCoaster” on the side is good enough? There are also countless mentions of the ride in different publications going back to 2010, including of all things a Scaremaze based on it.

Plus there are plenty of coasters already listed on the RCDB that also fall into this category, for example the new coaster at Tripsdrill. As far as I know there’s been no official announcement for that ride neither is there any signs of construction or advertising (at least not when I was there just over a month ago at any rate).

I understand RCDB wants to be cautious of projects that are just speculation but I don't think there's any doubt this is happening

Tim said:
I understand RCDB wants to be cautious of projects that are just speculation but I don't think there's any doubt this is happening
If SW7 didn't go ahead at this stage, I'd fear for the sanity of the majority of the people on here! :p

If I recall correctly, then I believe that the real reason Duane is refusing to put SW7 on RCDB is that he's tired of parks announcing projects and not going through with them (I think Towers was one that was particularly mentioned, though I fail to see why). Whilst I can understand that he may be frustrated about this, when there's a massive hole in the ground, numerous SW7 banners around the park, a page about it on the park website, viral marketing, an article on The Sentinel's website, and even a mention on Radio 2 this lunchtime, I fail to see why he still hasn't put it on there.

Anyway, this is slightly off topic. :p

Blaze said:
They're just cautious after listing Thirteen as 'The Unknown' last time. :p

And Surrender ;)

But we all make mistakes. Like I said I can understand being cautious after those incidences but from the moment the planning application was submitted or when the Black Hole started to come down I think these would have been clear signs that something was happening.

I would suggest that the £18 million price tag is also intriguing.

This represents some serious investment levels, and as this is just a Eurofighter, the cost of track etc. is relatively slight. I expect that the 'worlds first' aspect and themeing will be top notch.

This ofc requires the figure to be accurate, and not to include the advertising budget of the new ride.

I guess its up to Duane whether he puts it on RCDB or not and is a bit irrelevant to us really.

Although its pretty clear this is happening!

I really want one of those mugs, as I have a thing for Alton Towers mugs. I'm actually gutted I can't go to Scarefest just because of a mug :/

Johno said:
I would suggest that the £18 million price tag is also intriguing.

This represents some serious investment levels, and as this is just a Eurofighter, the cost of track etc. is relatively slight. I expect that the 'worlds first' aspect and themeing will be top notch.

This ofc requires the figure to be accurate, and not to include the advertising budget of the new ride.

Putting my pessimistic / realistic hat on, it is likely to include both advertising, themeing and area re-theme. 13's budget of approximately £20 million was hotly discussed, and ultimately it appeared that a fairly substantial amount was spent on what was an intensive advertising campaign.

Wonder if they're going to go back on the advertising this year and try a more viral approach. Would suit the ride's back story in my opinion.

Thirteen was always claimed to be £15m. This latest info states SW7 will be £18m and the plans from last year state it represented an investment of £20m.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.