• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Magrathea said:
Something which occurred to me in the shower just now is that this coaster will see the return of Alton making coasters with distinctive logos (see Oblivion and Air), which is brilliant for marketing (and merchandise, as already seen). This obviously was reintroduced to the Merlin parks by the Swarm, which has the logo everywhere and made into just about every type of merch possible!

So the question is, who'll be the first to get a tattoo? ;)

Why don't Rita, Sonic, Thirteen count? All have better logos than Swarm which is pretty rubbish. Even Oblivions logo is pretty rubbish in comparison with Thirteen.

So when did Alton stop making logos for rides?

morgano said:
Magrathea said:
Something which occurred to me in the shower just now is that this coaster will see the return of Alton making coasters with distinctive logos (see Oblivion and Air), which is brilliant for marketing (and merchandise, as already seen). This obviously was reintroduced to the Merlin parks by the Swarm, which has the logo everywhere and made into just about every type of merch possible!

Why don't Rita, Sonic, Thirteen count? All have better logos than Swarm which is pretty rubbish. Even Oblivions logo is pretty rubbish in comparison with Thirteen.

I think what Magrathea is trying to say is it's a return to the simplistic, straight to the point logo. If that makes sense?

morgano said:
Magrathea said:

Blaze said:
Oblivion's logo is... rubbish?

WHAT?!

He has a point...

male-gender-sign.jpg

Oblivion's logo is effectively the male gender symbol flipped over and squished a little.

oblivion.png

:p

While Rita, Sonic and Th13teen all have logos, I'm talking about the return to a simplistic symbol to represent the ride (as seen on The Swarm), sorry that I didn't make that very clear! :)

BigAl said:
He has a point...

male-gender-sign.jpg

Oblivion's logo is effectively the male gender symbol flipped over and squished a little.

oblivion.png

And some people (in that infamously weird topic) say Oblivion is female. Pah.

Oh, come on. Blivvy's evidently male. :p

Hang on, I've just had a slightly disturbing thought. Could SW7 be the love child of Nemmy and Blivvy? :p

I agree that a simple and easily recognisable logo is required for SW7. Buuuut even though Blivvy's is simple, It's not recognisable (the amount of times people have asked me why I have the male logo on my hoody is amazing). I love Nemmy's but is it simple, and air's isn't simple either. Whereas I don't think Th13teens is too bad, it fits with the themeing well, and is just 2 numbers (not too complicated) and people recognise it (People whisper the advert when I'm wearing my Th13teen hoody). So SW7's could be a similar idea.... especially if (and they probably will) go for the spam marketing technique.

Oblivion's is the most recognisable! When the ride opened you couldn't move for Oblivion logos, everywhere you looked there was advertising or merch (didn't they give away sports bottles with the logo in cereal boxes?). It's certainly more iconic than a 13 with some branches round it, surely?

Th13teen's logo is actually horrible, I nearly vom when I see people wearing those bloody t-shirts. It's a blob-shaped, poorly rendered noisy mess.

Oblivion's logo is excellent though. It's the only one at Towers that isn't complicated, a simple shape with block colouring. It's by far the most instantly recognisable logo at Towers. I hope SW7's is as simple and iconic as that, but based on the Raptor, Krake and Swarm logos, it probably won't be. :(

Might sound a bit thick here but how does everyone know what SW7's logo will look like? How do we know it'll be recognisable? We don't even know the name of the coaster yet...

This is a fair point - it's not confirmed, but i guess most people have assumed that smiley face is the new Logo???

I was more under the impression the smiley is MOJ??

Equinox said:
This is a fair point - it's not confirmed, but i guess most people have assumed that smiley face is the new Logo???

That's what I thought, the smiley face was just a teaser to the MoJ logo which incorporates it into the design. There is no evidence for it being linked whatsoever to SW7 whatsoever.

Jonathan said:
Oh, come on. Blivvy's evidently male. :p

Hang on, I've just had a slightly disturbing thought. Could SW7 be the love child of Nemmy and Blivvy? :p

Surely it's more like the spawn of Oblivion and Secret Weapon 1?

The face appears to merely be a tag for SW7 as opposed to a logo - however with it being featured on merchandise I'm beginning to think otherwise.

I think Twirly as I like to call him, or the smiley face, will be incorporated into SW7. However I doubt it will be the logo. It gives us a good idea at what style the logo may take though I reckon.

:)

The Psychoaster said:
Equinox said:

That's what I thought, the smiley face was just a teaser to the MoJ logo which incorporates it into the design. There is no evidence for it being linked whatsoever to SW7 whatsoever.

I think the fact that the Smiley face/logo is plastered all over the advertising boards for SW7 is a good enough indication that it's linked in with the new coaster :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.