• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sadly, we do have jobs and can't simply live each day every day, at Alton Towers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

/\ No need for the sarcastic comment. Out of everyone on this site, someone must of been in the last day or two, as some people on here sometimes pop into the Towers (after work or in their day off) for a look around and a few rides, not for full days (like most people are only able to) - that is all I was referring too.

Rollercoasters4Life said:
/\ No need for the sarcastic comment. Out of everyone on this site, someone must of been in the last day or two, as some people on here sometimes pop into the Towers (after work or in their day off) for a look around and a few rides, not for full days (like most people are only able to) - that is all I was referring too.
Just because usually someone on the site may have visited, doesn't mean they took pictures though... If people have been and taken a picture they'll no doubt post it... It can come across demanding if you question why nobody has posted something lately.

Wow.... I think everyone is getting a little excited (me included) to see some track... In good time. patience. 8)

p.s. sorry this post does not contain any pictures of track.

mrbrightside said:
Just because usually someone on the site may have visited, doesn't mean they took pictures though... If people have been and taken a picture they'll no doubt post it... It can come across demanding if you question why nobody has posted something lately.

The way I asked on the other page does sound a little like I was demanding why somebody hasn't got pictures, but I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I am sorry in that instance, but there is no need for a sarcastic comment (not from you). All I meant is something must of changed over the past few days since the last pictures and I was wondering if anyone had been on park recently or not. Even if they could of just updated with what has been happening on site - doesn't even have to be a regular member, if someone reads what I put like a guest then maybe they might sign up and let other members know what is happening on site.

I will be on site on Saturday (tomorrow) so will do my normal collection of snaps for anyone that is desperate for imagery.

People will likely have been saving to go during Scarefest hence the lack of attendance this week. Between all the fan sites the next 2 weeks will be well photographed I imagine :)

Surely something has changed on site so has nobody been on park to get pictures?

The lack of pictures could be due to two reasons. One reason could be that not a lot has happened on site, the majority of work they can do until track arrives has been done now. I have a feeling they are just waiting for track to arrive at the moment before doing anything else. :)

Or just simply no members that post updates in here have visited the park recently. There's only around 5-8 members that happily post their own pictures on here of the SW7 site. These members may have not visited the site. Although I have a feeling it's just due to nothing noteworthy having happened on site since the last updates.

Scarefest begins this weekend so there will no doubt be loads of images of the construction site appearing over the coming weeks, as a lot of members will be visiting the park.

Hope that (kind of) answers your question. :)

Surely something has changed on site so has nobody been on park to get pictures?
I am on park tonight from about half 6 and might be able to get some, depends though as I want to get the mazes done with my freedom pass.

From the parent group of Gerstlauer...

Next year we are busy doing more classics like hybrid coaster trains and Bobsled Coasters, but also some more firsts, such as our newly-designed 8-passenger launch vehicles.

Does this confirm we are getting a launched?

It would be feasible because if we attached two of these vehicles together we would get our 16, which is the capacity quoted by AT.

LordOfDarkness said:

Next year we are busy doing more classics like hybrid coaster trains and Bobsled Coasters, but also some more firsts, such as our newly-designed 8-passenger launch vehicles.

No. Tripsdrill are getting a Gerst launch next year; for all we know the new vehicles could be for them.

LordOfDarkness said:

It would be feasible because if we attached two of these vehicles together we would get our 16, which is the capacity quoted by AT.

The hybrid coaster train basically confirms that we are getting a new type of car. Whether it's 4 rows of a standard Eurofighter, or two cars of the launched coaster or even something else, who knows.

I agree with Nick, the 'new hybrid' train is what screams SW7 to me.

Now what do we think they could be an infusion of...?

Forward and rear seating? I had this thought the other day for no apparent reason.

The new Gerstlauer trains are going to create a hybrid of a headache and a migraine, it's going to be amazing.

Tom said:
I agree with Nick, the 'new hybrid' train is what screams SW7 to me.

Now what do we think they could be an infusion of...?

Forward and rear seating? I had this thought the other day for no apparent reason.
I put forward that suggestion too a few pages back... Though I'm still not convinced that would work.

Projected onto the Towers today - loving the reinforcement of this image in people's minds, it will eventually be really memorable even among those that don't really go to the park often. :)

A5mmGp1CUAAUkEo.jpg

Picture courtesy of CF

I like the way marketing is playing this one. a simple Ident, being spread around and now projected on to the side of the towers. Does this mean the magic is growing in the marketing dept.

Well if this marketing drive is designed to get people excited and wonder about the new ride, Its done it job for me ;D

I do hope someone on park today taking photos of the site and is willing to share them on here.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.