• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The Psychoaster said:
BigAl said:
I'm pretty certain track has never been delivered; John Wardley simply hand-sews a track out of pure steel. :p

He has a steel gland in each of his arms which can be heated to molten levels and which therefore allow him to craft the perfect "NoLimits" smoothness ;)
In other words, he's a coaster version of Spider-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

mrbrightside said:
The Psychoaster said:
BigAl said:
I'm pretty certain track has never been delivered; John Wardley simply hand-sews a track out of pure steel. :p

He has a steel gland in each of his arms which can be heated to molten levels and which therefore allow him to craft the perfect "NoLimits" smoothness ;)
In other words, he's a coaster version of Spider-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
We have to photoshop this...

Rearrange the following....

Topic on back please get

:D

(P.s Towers get track delivered in straight sections and he bends then into shape, hence his physique)

Dave said:
Don't get your hopes up too high, we know preparations began today to receive the track but the exact delivery time is unknown.

Do we know where about's they have been preparing? or if we can expect to see the track on car park J?

Right, time for another photo update from over the weekend!

Saturday 20th October:

Lots of stuff being stored awaiting use at the top of the site:
P1140419.jpg

Close up of the wall they have been working on:
P1140421.jpg

Concrete around where the station will be:
P1140424.jpg

Overview of concrete pouring thus far:
P1140428.jpg

P1140429.jpg

Here you can see where supports will "slot in" to the holes in the concrete:
P1140430.jpg

Sunday 21st October:

More steel beams being put in place:
P1140449.jpg

P1140450.jpg

You can also see here that more footers have been put in place, though the digger blocks the view somewhat:
P1140451.jpg

P1140452.jpg

Hope you like! As per usual, all photos taken from areas of the park accessible to the public. Please do not replicate these photos, the only exception being TowersStreet may use them as they wish!

:)

Track arrival was set for 15th Oct... speculations have it that track maybe there now but hidden from general public, Towers are like that! Its only my opinion what do you think?

ThemeParkJack said:
Track arrival was set for 15th Oct... speculations have it that track maybe there now but hidden from general public, Towers are like that! Its only my opinion what do you think?

I think word would've gotten out in some form should track already be on site. Even if it were hidden from public view. Also, found this interesting angle (presumably from the top of Oblivion?) from TT:

screen-shot-2012-10-22-at-6-32-04-pm.png

The Psychoaster said:
ThemeParkJack said:

I think word would've gotten out in some form should track already be on site. Even if it were hidden from public view. Also, found this interesting angle (presumably from the top of Oblivion?) from TT:

screen-shot-2012-10-22-at-6-32-04-pm.png

I'd change interesting to either unsafe, rule breaking or something to do with people who should know better. It is indeed from the top of Oblivion, and I hope this does not encourage others to do the same, chances are it will result in the ride being stopped while they take the camera off you, and it puts yourself and others at serious risk of injury if the camera is dropped. Things like this really bother me.

As for track arrival, the 15th October date never materialised. If it does not arrive today it should do so in the next few days.

:)

ThemeParkJack said:

Track isn't on site, there isn't anywhere to hide it that staff can't get access to. It should be here any day now.

Worlds first track less coaster anyone? :p

I loved sanctuary, I am excited for the theme of SW7 now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if this has been touched yet but having seen a NoLimits model that could well have been produced by Gerstlauer for the new Tripsdrill coaster, I think that we may see a new track style for SW7. It could be something simular to Maurer Sohne track rather than the Intamin style tri-rail. I'd always thought that the track featured on the plans was a placeholder but I'm now beginning to think that this may not be the case.

CGM said:
Not sure if this has bee touched yet but having seen a NoLimits model that could well have been produced by Gerstlaur for the new Tripsdrill coaster, I think that we may see a new track style for SW7. It could be something simular to Maurer Sohne track rather than the Intamin style tri-rail. I'd always thought that the track featured on the plans was a placeholder but I'm now beginning to think that this may not be the case.
Where is this model? I'm subscribed to Gerstlauer Youtube channel but haven't seen anything released on there. Plus the only two I've seen look very fan made. The layout doesn't look right as it is meant to be going through the troughs under Mammut but those videos don't show anything to suggest that. If you have seen the proper one though I'd love to see it.

Edit: Just seen the post you mean.

If they want this ride to be smooth, with a durability and build quality that a park like Towers expect, this will have to have a thick spine.

Like the new style Maurer track on their Bayern-Park coaster.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Dave said:
ThemeParkJack said:

Track isn't on site, there isn't anywhere to hide it that staff can't get access to. It should be here any day now.

I'm sure the warehouse next to the SkyRide garage is used for keeping track and for maintaining rides under roof.

Bear said:
CGM said:
There's also a model of a Eurofighter that appeared at the European IAAPA show featuring spine-style track that I've never seen before. It can be seen here:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/view ... 29&t=35030

I'm pretty sure they use that track style for models because the normal tri-trail track is too complex to make out of plastic, however I'm willing to be proved wrong.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/fi ... er_189.jpg

This still proves nothing though. It could be the case that they just changed their models to make them easier to build. I wouldn't be at all surprised if SW7 ends up having tri-rail track but I think that a new track style is an interesting possibility.

DannyJames said:
Dave said:
ThemeParkJack said:

I'm sure the warehouse next to the SkyRide garage is used for keeping track and for maintaining rides under roof.

SW7 track won't be stored indoors, there is just too much of it.

One reason I believe we might not see track before season close, or at least not on the construction site itself, is because I think it's going to be very difficult to get it there, store it, and start putting it up without closing off X-sector. In addition to trying to keep a secret, I genuinely believe it is also impractical to start building before season close due to the awkward site location.

Once the park is closed, they can remove the construction walls allowing much better access to all sides of the site, and greater maneuverability.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.