• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
SW7elevations.png

I assume that the points marked with a small cross and a number are elevations? If so, they seem fairly uniform across the site, even over towards Oblivion and the shop, which doesn't help account for the gaping hole in the ground at the minute.

I have to admit, I'm drifting towards the "what you see isn't what you get" side of the debate.

I on the other hand can still see the plans based on what has been constructed. If we were to get a picture directly above the site I think (although having not seen it in person yet I can't say for sure) that the concrete walls do line up. They may be a lot deeper than we thought they'd be but there has always been doubt over the height that inversion would be at on the plans.

We shall soon see now that track has arrived.

One things for sure though, they are no where near ready to build the section of the ride that's near the toilets, as currently that's where all the earth for this excavation is. Could they be planning to fill some of it back in around the concrete walls?

I could be wrong, but is the track that has been delivered the brake run? To me It looks like it

It looks a bit too curved to be the break run, although given that the photo was taken from quite a distance, it's not too clear. Hopefully, when closer photos are uploaded, we'll get a better idea. :)

Jonathan said:
It looks a bit too curved to be the break run, although given that the photo was taken from quite a distance, it's not too clear. Hopefully, when closer photos are uploaded, we'll get a better idea. :)

I Was making sure since I thought it looked a bit straight, but now we know it isn't :p But cheers Jon :)

Anyway, Even though I'm not riding for at least a year (Minimum), The track arrival has got me really excited :D

Is there normally a pattern for which parts of track arrive first based on past coasters? In any case, exciting times!

IF there is a secrete element being installed, I would assume that this track is track to do with this element as they will want it installed and testing as soon as possible!

Another photo from the TowersStreet Facebook:

29361_396201477116969_319203901_n.jpg

Deliciously chunky tri-rail track, perfect! :D

Compare that to how flimsy the Th13teen track was, and the build quality difference between the two rides becomes obvious:

3vgQU.jpg

I have to say I love that greenish, bluey tint the track has to it. Very subtle but effective. Hope it rides as well as some of the later Gerstlauer's and I have full faith in them.

The track type and footers are exported from nolimits so will not represent the actual footer positions like for like.

The construction is following the plan still btw... hopefully this will help a few people (including myself). I had a close and drew this, it works out good.

P8FAF.jpg

Click here for full size: https://i.imgur.com/P8FAF.jpg

Sam said:
Another photo from the TowersStreet Facebook:

29361_396201477116969_319203901_n.jpg

Deliciously chunky tri-rail track, perfect! :D

Compare that to how flimsy the Th13teen track was, and the build quality difference between the two rides becomes obvious:

3vgQU.jpg

Seriously?! You are comparing build quality based on the type of track?

Th13teen uses bi-rail track because the trains are so light and the forces aren't high enough for them to waste additional materials in making a track that is more bulky than necessary. track quality has nothing to do with it.

If I'm honest the build quality looks better on the bi-rail because the weld joints are almost invisible unlike on this track. But that's beside the point they both look high quality.

Thanks to all those who are providing the pics, can't wait for more track to join it.

morgano said:
The track type and footers are exported from nolimits so will not represent the actual footer positions like for like.

The construction is following the plan still btw... hopefully this will help a few people (including myself). I had a close and drew this, it works out good.

P8FAF.jpg

Click here for full size: https://i.imgur.com/P8FAF.jpg

I'm not sure ??? There looks to be more footers in the red section of your sketch than on the plans? And like I said in my last post, the ground level markers on the plans seem consistent across the area so I think we're getting an underground bit where you've marked red and then the bits on the plans above it.

Or something like that! :p

The track type and footers are exported from "nolimits" so will not represent the actual footer positions like for like or the number required to actually sustain the coaster. But trust me they are accurately reflecting the planned layout.

BTW in relation to the ground markers (are we sure they are ground markers in relation to height?) if we are sure then they have definitely decided to dig the rollercoaster deeper than the original plan shows.

I prefer Th13teen's track to be honest :p It looks more discreet and out the way, I've never been a fan of big, chunky tracks if I'm being honest.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.