• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sorry to go off topic - but I keep thinking that "Delirium" (Defined by google as: "An acute, reversible state of disorientation and confusion. Marked by disorientation without drowsiness.") would be the perfect name for SW7...

Blizzard said:
Its a long shot, but maybe if Oblivion was to get a refurb ( I can dream), what if the actual rails on either side of the track were to be painted orange, similar to the origional Oblivion advert. I imagine it would look even more sinister, yet still keeping to oblivions modern, cool, clean theme.

If anyone is any good a photoshop, could someone possibly super - impose the colours? Its kind of hard to visualise otherwise.

Oblivion, in the old black colour, with orange rails: (couldn't be bothered to do it thoroughly but you get the idea) :)

oblivionoriginalcolour.png

BioChem said:
Sorry to go off topic - but I keep thinking that "Delirium" (Defined by google as: "An acute, reversible state of disorientation and confusion. Marked by disorientation without drowsiness.") would be the perfect name for SW7...

I think that sucks the least of all the guesses so far, but considering they have pretty much any word from anywhere to chose from the chances of a hit are tiny. Their ride naming is usually refreshingly unpredictable.

The Psychoaster said:

I love that picture, and the orange rails would be great, but jesus, look at the station etc, will we ever see it back to that state? ( and the black track )... I dont think so :(

The Psychoaster said:
Blizzard said:
Its a long shot, but maybe if Oblivion was to get a refurb ( I can dream), what if the actual rails on either side of the track were to be painted orange, similar to the origional Oblivion advert. I imagine it would look even more sinister, yet still keeping to oblivions modern, cool, clean theme.

If anyone is any good a photoshop, could someone possibly super - impose the colours? Its kind of hard to visualise otherwise.

Oblivion, in the old black colour, with orange rails: (couldn't be bothered to do it thoroughly but you get the idea) :)

oblivionoriginalcolour.png
That picture makes me so sad that I never got to experience Blivvy in its glory days! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

JB1985 said:
completely irrelevant to the current conversations happening in this topic and I shall refrain from saying what I feel on this as I don't want to flair up a forum war, but for those interested TTF will be taking pictures of the site over the winter months via helicopter.

Each to their own.

I really do like the track being black, It does seem to work, as long as the rest of the themeing and other colours compliment it. I think the idea of it being chrome or something wouldn't fit in at all.

As far as taking photos over the winter months through those methods. well, all I'll say it its a shame, and if anything just seems like a big f u to Towers, without whom none of these forums would exist. Its just really disappointing. But as you said, each to their own.

7thHeaven said:
JB1985 said:
completely irrelevant to the current conversations happening in this topic and I shall refrain from saying what I feel on this as I don't want to flair up a forum war, but for those interested TTF will be taking pictures of the site over the winter months via helicopter.

Each to their own.

I really do like the track being black, It does seem to work, as long as the rest of the themeing and other colours compliment it. I think the idea of it being chrome or something wouldn't fit in at all.

As far as taking photos over the winter months through those methods. well, all I'll say it its a shame, and if anything just seems like a big f u to Towers, without whom none of these forums would exist. Its just really disappointing. But as you said, each to their own.

Apparently they have permission from Towers to allow them to do this.

Just seems like a way to get back on top but...

Each to their own (felt like following the pattern)

KingNemesis said:
7thHeaven said:
JB1985 said:

Each to their own.

Apparently they have permission from Towers to allow them to do this.

Just seems like a way to get back on top but...

Each to their own (felt like following the pattern)

They don't have permission contrary to what they originally stated... at least that is what has been written by one of the admins now.

As I posted on TTF last night I think they're mental!

Don’t get me wrong I’m all for seasonal updates by air craft and I do want to see these pictures once they've been taken but doing so without Alton/Merlin's permission is a seriously dangerous move. They seem to be under the impression that as an unofficial forum they can do what they want. But knowing Merlin's previous track record of threatening to sue forums that have committed fairly trivial offences (see the use of managers name incident last year) I think they're going to go absolutely berserk when they discover this. I'm just glad we've got this forum for if the worst should happen.

And that's not even mentioning the coat :-\

BioChem said:
My favorite idea so far! I really think it fits in, and it sounds just as big and bold as Oblivion.
I really think a 'D' name will fit in, also an 'OM' 'UM' or 'ON' sound fits in with X sector, Oblivion, Submission etc, so maybe Delusion, Depletion, Delirium

Sorry to double post, but when do you think the marketing will get bigger? I can imagine 5/10 second adverts flashing every advert, saying something like "Alton towers- 2012. #getcorrected"
It would really get the public intrigued, people will be really wondering into whats going on at alton towers in 2013, and start googling it, and talking about it to everyone! It would be great!
And then at the start of march, a feature advert a few times, with short clips of the ride, the face, the name, and really intense music!

It'll all pick up over closed season no doubt. Does anyone remember when Th13teen's 'blipverts' started airing? I'm sure SW7 will follow a similar pattern.

However, as marketing is now run by someone different we could see all sorts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

TV adverts won't start till March. The main add will appear the week before opening. The park don't actually want lots of people turning up in the first week of operation in case there is a problem so the adverts are aimed more at Easter and won't really kick off until after the parks open.

JB1985 said:
for those interested TTF will be taking pictures of the site over the winter months via helicopter.

I did post about aircraft operations and build up or areas with housing. I need to find it, But they will stick to the CAA rules. they have to as anyone can report aircraft to the CAA if they believe they could be working outside of the 'air laws'

And we know people do like complaining about stuff happening over at the towers.

Like i said in my original post i really dont want to drag this on but they are totally out of order and i hope/wish AT repremand them appropriately

I just hope it does not cause problems for AT.

Anyway back to plot.

What the guesses on how long it is going to be for we start seeing the supports going up?

Seeing as it all started being delivered yesterday, I'd hope that we'd see vertical construction before the end of the season, but that's pretty unlikely, given that Fireworks is next weekend.

As long as they stick to the flight laws I don't think AT can do anything about it. It will probably damage their reputation with the park too - looks like they are trying to win people back to TTF with these 'exclusive' photos.

Anyway, enough of that fiasco, I would guess that we won't see any track going up at the during open season, although they may get some supports up. There is still a lot of footers and groundwork that is still to be done and shall keep them busy till the end of the season.

Going a couple of pages back, this IS the track type on the plans. The layout was done in tri-track on NL and the software they used to export it turns tri-track into the Maurer style track on the plans.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.