• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
EuroSatch said:
We clearly arent getting what was in the plans. The track type is different, the supports are different, and the excavation - whilst yes there was to be a trench around the cobra roll - is not in line with the plans considering the walls are being constructed to an elevation higher than what was ground level, and this is not on the plans. Also, it has been confirmed to be 3 times the length of Oblivion. I may be wrong, but what was shown on those plans was by far longer than 3 times Oblivions track length.

This is exciting, although I'm sceptical again now that it's pretty much certain we aren't seeing what we thought we were

AsI said earlier, Oblivion has much wider\larger track than most coasters, 2 times as wide as nemesis & air's tracks. SW7's track also looks about hlf the width of Oblivion's, so imagine Blivy's track at half the width, then think about it.

Three times the length ob Oblivion is a LOT of track!

;)

Three times the length of oblivion is at its most conservative estimate 3666 feet.

Nemesis, by comparison is 2400 feet, Air 2800, Rita 2100 and RMT approximately 1000 feet. This ride could easily be 300 odd meters longer than any ride on the park. Over 3000 feet length of track is easily the longest in the park, combined with possibly 2 lift hills, could easily make up the long ride time.

I still think we will be seeing the existing track plan, though with a different track style to the one we saw on the plans. Seem to remember over on TT there was a lot of talk over how the file was exported from no limits, and that exporting it via one program led to a default of the plans track type.

We'll know soon enough

Yeah in about 14 years we'll be begging them to repaint SW7. At least I hope we will, because that means they will have repainted Oblivion. And it's still actually there :p

My thoughts exactly - Oblivion looks terrible and I personally think fading appears worse on black as it's obvious when it becomes slightly grey. If every coaster is going to become black, that's hugely depressing as Alton's colours used to be very dynamic; Air's blue was originally very powerful. Happy track day, anyhow. Not everyday piles of exciting, new track appears; it could be here for potentially many years to come and so I feel it's almost come 'home' in a way. ;)

James said:
Phwoar look at that track!

track2.jpg

Look at that section of track in front, and look to the centre of it...looks like an odd section on the track piece could this be part of the world's first section/drum section with a different way of supporting said pieces? It's not flat and straight so can't be the station track.

OR

It could be to attach a net to stop things from falling on guests from riders...probably that! :p

^ It's merely where the support will connect to the track, I wouldn't really think any more of it at all.

:)

CoasterCrazyChris said:
I'm not going to lie, but it's hard to be excited by a track which looks exactly like SAW's both in style and colour....
Agreed... though how funny would it be if this turned out to be a Saw clone? :p

Never gonna happen, of course, because what was on the plans IS. WHAT. WE. WILL GET.

Rob said:
^ It's merely where the support will connect to the track, I wouldn't really think any more of it at all.

Really? It's an odd connection and not normal? Is there another Gerst that connects to a support like that? Picture of one would settle it for definite.

Rollercoasters4Life said:
Rob said:

Really? It's an odd connection and not normal? Is there an other Gerst that connects to a support like that? Picture of one would settle it for definite.

Having a look at a few photos of other Gerstlauers, it is basically the same type of connection, just slightly bulkier. I really don't think there is anything in it at all.

Just to add,

SW7 being black, seems a little silly, considering we already have th13teen & Oblivion in black. Especials considering SW7 & Blivy are both in the same area!

Its a long shot, but maybe if Oblivion was to get a refurb ( I can dream), what if the actual rails on either side of the track were to be painted orange, similar to the origional Oblivion advert. I imagine it would look even more sinister, yet still keeping to oblivions modern, cool, clean theme.

If anyone is any good a photoshop, could someone possibly super - impose the colours? Its kind of hard to visualise otherwise.

As far as I know, it is possible for B&M's to have differing rail/box colours, Look at Super Man Ultimate Flight for example.

Any thoughts on this? Going of track a little I know (pardon the pun!), but I do feel its relevant to SW7 & X-Sector in general.

I find it astonishing that this will be the third longest coaster in the UK, only behind The Ultimate and PMBO. Incidently those two are the two longest in Europe.

It's also longer than Takabisha.

I doubt they'd be allowed to paint Blivvy's rails orange with it being so visible from outside of the park. It is a shame that we are getting yet another coaster with black track but I think we've just got to expect dark and murky track colours from Merlin as they do require less attention.

Oblivion won't be getting a repaint, sadly. One of the planning documents said something along the lines of,
"Finish: dirty concrete and faded grey to match existing structures."
::)

Shame it can't be done, I blame NIMBYs! Any way, just as a thought, anyone think Oblivion would look right in orange & black?

;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.