• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Meh. I was so looking forwards to not getting excited about this one.

How can I be cynical when I'm sat gleefully rubbing my hands, refreshing the page constantly for news on footers appearing?

Towersstreet Facebook page have uploaded a photo of the site from today, there seems to be a lot of concrete rebar towards the back of the site. Could we be seeing the beginning of them laying down foundations in the coming days ? I think it's highly possible.

They were delivering lots of the concrete rebar yesterday and putting it towards the back of the site, as shown in this photo:
424365_376677102402740_1462919813_n.jpg

Not much more has changed on site, but there is also a hole near the goal striker building showing lots of pipes/cables. My guessing would be these are for SW7 and for when the new sub station goes live (if it hasnt already):
298851_376677202402730_1220835787_n.jpg

Firstly - Something that I didn't get photos of, as we sped up the Alton hill we passed an awe-full lot of building stuff by the X-Sector road entrance.

OK photos from this afternoon
Not much happening on the road behind X Sector
P1010692.JPG

From the toilets:
P1010694.JPG

Zooming in on that metal (the stuff that usually lines deep holes)..
P1010693.JPG

Looking down towards Enterprise
P1010695.JPG

Looking towards the old entrance to Black Hole we see a couple of banners that are interesting, some interesting yellow tape and some metal work that was, I believe, used to hold the bridge entrance up.
P1010700.JPG

View of the rebar that has appeared near the top. Oddly enough we couldn't see any holes that they would fit in.
P1010702.JPG

View from the bottom gate
P1010707.JPG

I'm sure just joining these two pipes would be more accurate
P1010711.JPG

Usual overview
P1010712.JPG

Power cables being dug up on the lawn in front of the towers.
P1010715.JPG

P1010716.JPG

Some of those banners are for the Boiler House from 2011 - with WANTED posters for the Hamble Twins.

God i'll miss that evil pair! Perhaps they could have them in the Zombies! Scare Zone!

Anyway... back on topic - SW7 seems like it's going to be amazing. The POV, virtual creation, plans, scale and budgets to do with these are ALL saying the right things.

I just hope the throughput beats the shoddy 900 or so that is achieved by Saw.

Beaten too it by the almighty passerelle loving Astro :(

Some good pics there Stretchy, very thorough review of the site as it stands.

In response to the oddments of banners and yellow tape, they are bits of left over stuff from the Boiler House last year, all the old wanted posters etc! Wouldn't mind getting my hands on that old Logo Banner and a couple of posters tbh! Just cause I'm geeky like that ;)

I'm glad we are finally getting some really interesting stuff happening! Getting a bit of hype now!

I will thirdly confirm the posters are from boiler house, not that you need any more confirmation!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The yellow tape looks likes warning tape, it could be the caution electric cable below one. and it look like there is 3 phase SWA cable that is the right size for feeding the blackhole next to it.

There was quite a lot of the yellow tape around where the station building will be, it did look like the kind of tape you would use to show where electrics is, but then again they could be using it to show the outside of the building/ride.

I've been looking through some old videos, as you do and i'd love to see this themed on the Lord of Darkness and Oblivions dark forces!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Towersstreet have reported on there Facebook page that concrete & steel beams have arrived on site :) This could be were things start to hot up, i think we will see the project go vertical very soon.

WARNING: VERY PICTURE HEAVY POST!!

Photos of the site taken today, which saw the first delivery of steel beams that appear to be for the station structure!

First of all, what do we have here?
P1130199.jpg

A load of rebars awaiting use!
P1130196.jpg

P1130197.jpg

Electric/pipe works on the grass outside the Towers appears to be finished:
P1130225.jpg

P1130201.jpg

Delivery!
P1130202.jpg

P1130206.jpg

P1130207.jpg

P1130208.jpg

P1130213.jpg

P1130210.jpg

Here you can see what looks like a little re-enforcement work that has taken place:
P1130217.jpg

Close up:
P1130214.jpg

P1130219.jpg

P1130220.jpg

P1130222.jpg

P1130223.jpg

Here you can see the completed sub-station:
P1130224.jpg

The completed delivery:
P1130248.jpg

P1130253.jpg

P1130255.jpg

Not sure what this is?
P1130256.jpg

More concrete/re-enforcement work:
P1130258.jpg

P1130259.jpg

P1130261.jpg

Hope you like the update! It was quite exciting seeing the first delivery of beams take place.

As usual I would like to point out that all photos were taken from areas of the park (or main road as the case of the first few photos) accessible to the public. And TowersStreet are free to use any photos they wish! If anyone else wishes to use these photos please do not do so without my prior permission.

:)

Rob said:
Not sure what this is?
P1130256.jpg

Exciting stuff, thanks very much! ;D

That looks like piling to reinforce the ground to me, don't know what will go there but it'll either be heavy or in a weak spot in the ground.

Thomas said:
Anyone else notice the last few remains of The Black hole are still there..? Odd.
It's been mentioned a few times - thoughts are that they contain services intrinsic to X-Sector, and so can't be removed easiley.

The site looks a bit, well, messy? Given that construction is such an exact procedure, the various bits and bobs strewn all over the site makes it look a bit chaotic. :/

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.