• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Secret Weapon 7 Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sorry to disappoint but what Alton mean is that the queue line entrance has the capacity to accept 64 people per second , which will result in the "world first" queue line of over 2 miles :)

An Alton Towers spokesman said: "It is felt Alton Towers is ready for a big investment and ready for a really big iconic ride.

"It has been 14 years since our last really iconic ride.

Bit of an insight into Alton's management there...

Sam said:
An Alton Towers spokesman said: "It is felt Alton Towers is ready for a big investment and ready for a really big iconic ride.

"It has been 14 years since our last really iconic ride.

Bit of an insight into Alton's management there...

Good to see they recognise there haven't been any truly iconic rides since Oblivion. That drop really is a jaw-dropper the first time you see it (more so when it was first built).

Then there's the quote:

Now designers have revealed elements of the new rollercoaster, which officials hope will become as iconic as the existing Air, Oblivion and Rita rides.

They're not going as far as to say SW7 is going to be as iconic as Nemesis.

Not especially being paying attention so I don't know how this would bode in relation to clearances but could it be possible that Gersty are creating their own 'unique' take on the b&m dive trains and having the 8x2 seating arrangement?

From memory there were already clearance issues with the plans which suggests that they were rough at best and only stating the points actually required which are over 25m was it?

Just a thought...

chip said:
Not especially being paying attention so I don't know how this would bode in relation to clearances but could it be possible that Gersty are creating their own 'unique' take on the b&m dive trains and having the 8x2 seating arrangement?

From memory there were already clearance issues with the plans which suggests that they were rough at best and only stating the points actually required which are over 25m was it?

Just a thought...

I would doubt the cars would be wider than 4 in a row, as there is limited clearances here (looking at the theming elements especially).

Also, it's very likely that the plans are rough- as they were made in NL- and so, the actual ride could be quite different.

Moving onto the cars, I reckon there's quite a high possibility of a lot of cars being on the track, considering the possible block brakes:

Two cars in a dual-loading station.
One car in the secret element, before the first lift.
One car in the breaks before the first lift.
One car in the first half.
One (or, looking at the length of it, even two) cars before the second lift.
One in the second half of the track.
One or two cars in the final breaks (considering it's dual-loading).

This gives a extreme maximum of ten cars, but most likely eight cars (and eight cars of eight gives you the 64 riders). I reckon eight, because they'll either be two cars in the middle, or at the end of the track, and it's possible that there may not be a break before the first lift. This is because, due to the secret element, the inside may add quite a lot of time to the start of the ride, which MAY, force a launch (to try and "catch up" to the other train, and make it duel).

I really hope there is a launch.

I don't think rows wider than 4 will appear for the cars/trains. The ride is very compact, track is close together and the ride performs lots of tight inversions at quite a pace. Wide trains wouldn't be agile enough and the outer seats would no doubt get smashed to pieces on other bits of track by the looks of the plans and various recreations. :p

Ok was thinking of names and the name experiment came into my head. Them I thought hmm if there are some inversions before the first lift, then maybe it could have 10 inversions. Experiment 10 anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

brad said:
I had an idea for the name...

Euphoria

Definition - A feeling of great happiness or well-being. :D

I can't help but think of that dreadful song when I hear that word:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcnWysA9gxo[/youtube]

Sorry! :-[ :p

brad said:
I had an idea for the name...

Euphoria

Definition - A feeling of great happiness or well-being. :D
Call it that and have this song playing, and you'll probably see Mags dancing around the entrance to the ride.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nJcmLMb5to[/youtube]

;)

BigAl said:
I can't help but think of that dreadful song when I hear that word

Jonathan said:
Call it that and have this song playing, and you'll probably see Mags dancing around the entrance to the ride.

;)

Well, have to say I'd completely forgot about that! My bad ::) :)

I'm expecting eight eight-seaters and a capacity if around 1,000 people per hour. Don't think this is quite enough for the park.

BigAl said:

Jonathan said:

;)

Great minds think alike, eh? ;)

The Psychoaster said:
BigAl said:

Jonathan said:

;)

I wouldn't go that far for me. :p

Nobody has said anything about the theme tune yet. Obviously it's too early to say and pointless to guess, but what would everyone want to hear as they arrive at the entrance to this new ride for the first time next year (or whenever you may get the opportunity to ride it)? Oblivion's theme was unlike anything a theme park had ever made for a ride, so perhaps Alton Towers will attempt something which is again, unlike anything we've ever heard at a park (for a ride at least)?

Have a listen to this from 02:45 onwards. Essentially, it's a segment from Radio 2's lunch programme with news about SW7. Yeah, they could've been a bit clearer about one or two things, but hey - the coaster got a mention on a popular radio programme! :D

Credit goes to AstroDan for finding it. :)

BigAl said:
The Psychoaster said:
BigAl said:

Jonathan said:

;)

I wouldn't go that far for me. :p

Nobody has said anything about the theme tune yet. Obviously it's too early to say and pointless to guess, but what would everyone want to hear as they arrive at the entrance to this new ride for the first time next year (or whenever you may get the opportunity to ride it)? Oblivion's theme was unlike anything a theme park had ever made for a ride, so perhaps Alton Towers will attempt something which is again, unlike anything we've ever heard at a park (for a ride at least)?

I did bring the theme tune up a while back actually, I was wondering if they would get a band to do it like they did with The Swarm, and how bad that would be. I would love to hear another masterpiece like Nemesis' music, but that probably won't happen, so realistically, I would like to hear a sort of creepy tune, sort of similar to the music played in the dark forest. I hope they don't bother trying to do something different, like they did with Oblivion, because in the past few years, trying new things hasn't really worked out too well for Alton :)

I really hope they don't get a band to do it. It's too polarising. They really do need something like Oblivion or Nemesis that is massive, and sums up the ride itself. Something that, when you hear it, it brings you back to the feeling on the track

A bit of an odd idea here, but how about something that's a cross between the creepiness of the start of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory theme (Tim Burton's film) that's slowed down and mixed with industrial grinding and clinking and then some Oblivion-esque drum and bass that's slowed down and slightly heavier. That would cover the X-Sector style and incorporate the new (or old, depending on whether the MoJ have been around for longer than we realised) insanity of the Ministry of Joy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrerYCKQ9M[/youtube]

Now try and imagine that slowed down with x:\ No Way Out style machine noises and add some drum and bass to it. Sounds odd, I know. :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.