• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Rattler Closes/Iron Rattler construction

Re: The Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas to close

I don't get the continuous loading system. Surely as the train is travelling that slowly it would be quicker for it to enter the station at high speed, let everyone on and then rush out again?

Most other rides that use continues loading only do so because there are so many carts on the track that stopping them would cause everything else to stack (log flumes, rapids, dark rides ect.)

Now continuous offloading I do get because it can be done at a higher speed and means that the train doesn't need to stop in both the stations.

If it increases the amount of dispatches per hour (even if it's just an extra few trains), I think it's a good move. :)

Agreed, I just don't think it will unless Six Flags operations are genuinely so bad that they need the incentive of a moving train to speed them up.

For example when I was at Europa earlier this year I saw Blue Fire dispatch as quickly as around 10 to 20 seconds by getting everyone on as soon as the gates open (German faff prevention methods). At the speed that trains going I’d imagine it would take 30 seconds at least because they have to load each person at a time.
For a more reasonable comparison (because I hardly expect anyone to match Europa) I’ve seen Th13teen dispatch in less than that time again just by getting everyone on quickly and getting rid of the bags before the station platform.

I think at parks that have really competent staff, this would slow down throughput, whereas at parks that have useless staff (like Six Flags) this'd speed up throughput. I don't think either system has a provable advantage over the other - it depends on the operations that it replaced. The advantage of this system is that unless something goes wrong, it guarantees a constant throughput and a reliable dispatch time.

Staff can't be lazy when the train is crawling through the station like that without stopping. At Six Flags, this almost certainly increases throughput. At a park like Europa or Alton Towers, it'd almost certainly decrease it. And obviously it'd only be practical on two-across coasters, due to guests only having a limited amount of time to board each row.

I can't find another topic, so I'll post it here.

734117_10151366825553491_2097877778_n.jpg

Iron Rattler's first, 81 degree drop!

385347_10151368556508491_1024179127_n.jpg

"Good Morning Iron Rattler fans! Here is another exclusive image of the 180 foot hill which shows the exciting hairline twist into the 81° angle drop providing thrills at new heights! The Iron Rattler is taking form! Who is excited for this all new experience?"

Insanity!

That's... that's just....

...I need to lie down.

Sam said:

"Good Morning Iron Rattler fans! Here is another exclusive image of the 180 foot hill which shows the exciting hairline twist into the 81° angle drop providing thrills at new heights! The Iron Rattler is taking form! Who is excited for this all new experience?"

Insanity!
That's just (......) can't think of a good enough word for how that looks

All I can say is the back row on that would seriously kick some ass. The speed it'll reach on the apex (due to the unusually large radius) will throw you out the seat.

Sam said:

Insanity!

tumblr_mc0723yJc91r3v8wx.jpg

Think this could knock El Toro off its perch?

The Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas to close

Alastair said:
Sam said:

Insanity!

tumblr_mc0723yJc91r3v8wx.jpg

Think this could knock El Toro off its perch?

It's a steel coaster.

Looks wood from here?

It looks a bit good if I'm honest :p I understand it was as rough as a bag of spanners before this, so if New Texas Giant's refurb is anything to go by this should be outstanding when it's finished.

Dar said:
Looks wood from here?

It looks a bit good if I'm honest :p I understand it was as rough as a bag of spanners before this, so if New Texas Giant's refurb is anything to go by this should be outstanding when it's finished.

It's a hybrid, like the Ultimate, meaning it has wooden supports but a steel track.

Just to compare New Texas Giant (a hybrid re-make like this) and Outlaw Run (which is a completely new wooden coaster by the same company), here are a couple of pics:

8lm0g005lkkcsj02h51j00.jpg

See how the whole track is steel.

bbrp9ao002qsa6e9g18js8.jpg

Below the top of the track, and where the wheels run, is wood.

Although it's all really a grey area- I wouldn't really call Outlaw Run a woodie really.

It's a hybrid. Not steel-hybrid, wood-hybrid, wood, or steel, just a hybrid.

(is it me or does that word not mean anything now?)

I've just read on Screamscape that the park will be opening a new 187ft tall upcharged Funtime sling shot ride along with Iron Rattler called 'Gunslinger'. It will go where the Wagon Wheel ride used to be and is apparently similar to the one that has recently opened at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

They also posted some facts from a video about Iron Rattler:

Note the new stats on the Iron Rattler vs the old Rattler. It will still be 180 feet tall, but the first drop will increase from 124 ft to 171 ft, the drop will be 81º (damn near vertical) compared to the old one which was 61.4º. Top speed will increase to 70 mph from 65 mph, along with the inclusion of four overbanked turns ranging between 93º to 109.4º.

The video that the details were taken from:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas No Coaster 2013

I think he's quite enthusiastic about Iron Rattler! :p

850pph.... Oh Dear :p I have to say that's really not brilliant, not for such a huge coaster anyway! I mean really, would it have killed them to maybe put a mid course in and add a little bit to the end of the ride just to up the throughput a little bit? :p

Sorry to double post... But there is good reason for it!!

thumb_26jan13_1.jpg

Photo from ThemeParkReview

OH, MY, GOD!!

Is it me, or is that drop going to be incredible!! :p

The thing with that is... WE NEED ONE IN THE UK!!! :p