• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Rattler Closes/Iron Rattler construction

I just wish that roll went the other way. Twisting you upside-down so you plummet face-first down the side of the cliff! :D

I must say the drop and the roll over the cliff look amazing. But, the zero G roll over that horrific looking concrete ditch looks absolutely hideous! Some parts of this doesn't have the same 'look' factor as Outlaw Run.

Some new photos of the ride of Iron Rattler have been sent to Screamscape by the park:

db_2013_0227_SFFT_IronRattler11.jpg

db_2013_0227_SFFT_IronRattler21.jpg

db_2013_0227_SFFT_IronRattler31.jpg

These steel rail RMC coasters aren't as nice as Outlaw Run which is more wood, but I still think this and NTG look amazing!

I've just come across this topic through browsing and whilst I admired the first Rattler for the aesthetics and utilising the landscape i.e. quarry, I can't help but find the hybrid Iron Rattler to look a bit... Eugh. It's amazing what's been achieved through this conversion but it doesn't scream out 'look at me, I'm awesome!' to me at all. It has that bland appeal particularly because of the colours and the new track.

The track wobble on the original is absolutely hilarious though.

Oh... Um, right okay! These are a bit epic... In a strange way?!

BENbR7vCIAARrgQ.jpg:large

I can't believe how open they are. There's literally you, a lap bar and not much else really! They look really good, really impressed by them! :)

If these trains can have T bar restraints, why does Outlaw Run have those awful looking knee bashers?

I could be wrong but I think Rocky Mountain use another company to make the trains for their I-Box steel track but with Outlaw run they tried making their own. In fairness we don't actually know if the restraints on Outlaw Run are an issue yet and as it is their first attempt I'm sure they can change them if it is.

Edit: Forgot to say these look awesome ;) It's odd but has a great style. We've been getting a lot of good looking trains recently.

That train looks fantastic! I love how it looks like the snake has ripped through the metal front of the train! Incredible! :D

Screamscape have also put a shot of the Gunslinger up:

db_2013_0304_SFFT_SlingshotNEW1.jpg

That looks a bit errr... good! Please let the UK have one of these coasters!

:)

Dear god, even though that POV has been sped up the airtime that will have will be utterly insane. That's not mentioning the ridiculous drop, zero-G, overbanks and great second drop as well. :eek:

Coasterforce have a few photos of Iron Rattler nearly ready to open over on their site. Here are just a few of the photos that East Coaster General took:

748713735e4855d0b36aae11.jpg

2e9514f207ac79a1a5f0dce7.jpg

901600_10151351931926336_1860656585_o.jpg

8a58e9a3d1a1758d3c25c3c8.jpg

03feba2b3d84646a221d3301.jpg

c071d44f8fddb78fe4e0e775.jpg

5de377e115ec6dd32e9ac53d.jpg

9656d7c63b6e9071e86b052d.jpg

cc67d3b1c61a01880abebfa5.jpg

32a0d4d89e392c03260ed239.jpg

And finally, a video of the ride testing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff2rcPJwVqY#ws

But I strongly suggest visiting Coasterforce via the link at the top to see all of the images he uploaded because there are just so many great shots. The ride looks like it's going to provide an absolutely phenomenal experience!