• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Six Flags Great Adventure: General Discussion

Apparently a wheel on the back car fractured or something like that.

Good thing no one was injured, though!

Bizarro is being reverted back to Medusa, including an inverted colour scheme of Tatsu's new paint over at MM and a single rider queue:

1646254289692.png

The park have also confirmed the addition of single rider queue lines to Nitro, El Toro, and wait for it..... Jersey Devil. Yes. A single rider queue on Jersey Devil.

Sounds odd but makes sense. If you get several groups that are nearly large enough to fill the train but all want to ride together you'll need single riders to fill the gap. No different to any other number of seats per row really.

Last edited:
The ride has a rolling station, so in theory you can just fill seats as they become available and split groups across trains as necessary. It's a bit different than on a more conventional coaster where you generally have an empty seat for each odd-numbered group so a SRQ shouldn't be required

I suspect that whilst this all looks very efficient on paper, in practice people can see the loading process and groups have been refusing to split up, resulting in seats going out empty.

Have to say Medusa/Bizzaro was really good when I visited in 2019.

The retheme makes sense as there's no other DC branded rides anywhere near it.

The ride has a rolling station, so in theory you can just fill seats as they become available and split groups across trains as necessary. It's a bit different than on a more conventional coaster where you generally have an empty seat for each odd-numbered group so a SRQ shouldn't be required

I suspect that whilst this all looks very efficient on paper, in practice people can see the loading process and groups have been refusing to split up, resulting in seats going out empty.
I wasn't aware of the rolling station, that does change things.
Although from my ride opp days I never underestimat peoples ability to hold up a queue so they can all sit together. Even when it makes no difference.

I wasn't aware of the rolling station, that does change things.
Although from my ride opp days I never underestimat peoples ability to hold up a queue so they can all sit together. Even when it makes no difference.
Yeah some RMC Raptors have rolling stations, some don't. Staff manually lower and raise the restraints one-by-one as the train moves through. If you're interested, here's an off-ride look that shows the station in operation; :)

I assume it normally runs with more than 1 train? I always thought the point of a rolling station was to maximise capacity by sinking the time in the station with the time between block points. Seems a bit odd to do so when only 1 trains running.
Although a moving train is undeniable a good incentive to get on and off quick.

I have to admit I don’t recall the intricacies of RailBlazer in terms of single rider, but I do remember that it was a rolling station.

In theory this should work well. GP who want to ride in their groups, despite being sat front to back, often refuse to split up. When that’s a group of 5 followed by 2 and 2 (as an example as I can’t remember the train length!) that should allow single riders to slot in nicely :).

Following the latest incident this year, state inspectors have found that El Toro is 'structurally compromised'. Source.

The inspectors found structural damage to multiple wooded track support columns. Really hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling about the future of El Toro.

According to the CEO of Six Flags, he’s trying to make their parks more premium, which is perhaps why Six Flags Great Adventure cost twice as much as my equivalent ticket to Hershey Park ($130 including tax and parking with an online discount). How premium is Six Flags Great Adventure? I’ll let you decide.

It was raining today, but after checking my emails I set off on my 80 mile trip to the park (not cheap when you factor in car hire, gas and tolls). I got to the park at opening time. There were gates closed across the road, no employee, no sign explaining what’s happening. A few other guests were standing around their cars by the highway. All there was, was a QR code. One of the guests scanned it and a message came up saying the park was closed because of inclement weather (this is rain, not a hurricane or a tornado). Then an employee pulled up. She wasn’t here in an official capacity. Apparently, no one had told the staff they were closed, so they’d turned up for work and got sent home. She felt sorry for us, so she pulled over to let us know the park was closed (which was genuinely very nice of her). She suggested we could go round to the staff entrance to ask about refunds, so off we all drove.

The security guard said we’d need to look on the website for refunds. I explained to him that I didn’t have any access to the Internet (Mint Mobile have been useless, but that’s another story) and asked whether there are any other attractions in the area I could do. “I don’t know, it’s all just trailor park trash around here”, he said. I explained to him that I didn’t want to spend the last day of my travelling in a motel room on my own. “There must be something I can do. Even if it’s ten pin bowling on my own”. He thought about it. “I don’t know, it’s all just trailor park trash around here”.

I phoned the parks customer service line (my phone lets me make calls, but not use the Internet). After 15 minutes of listening to music their system hangs up on me. I drive off and find a Starbucks, where I can use their Wifi and locate a cinema where I watched Avatar in 3D (good film). After getting home, I used the Six Flags chat system. After 20 minutes of waiting, I got through to an agent who said they’ll open a refund request for me. There’s still nothing on the park’s website or Facebook page about them being closed today.

So, you guys can decide, did Six Flags give me a premium experience?

That sounds pretty dire, sorry you had such a bad experience. It does feel like the chasing of a premium product is all talk.

It feels as if the plan is essentially to increase the (ridiculously low) prices quickly and cut costs wherever they can, they're having to do the latter because the former is driving away their volume.

It's hard to judge the prices at the moment, because the pound is changing quite fast against the dollar. The annual passes are still only a small chunk more than a day ticket, so you could argue that those prices are still very cheap. But other things seem quite expensive, like $40 to park your car or $12 for a very short scare maze with three actors. Comparing the cost of park tickets can be hard because each park is different, but at Hershey Park, parking was a lot less, and the scare mazes were also significantly cheaper. I didn't do any at Hershey Park, but the way another guest described them, they also sounded better. Of course, you'd probably need to compare the prices to a number of other parks to get a fairer picture.

Being positive, Six Flags America did have better shows than any of the British parks currently have, currently including a dancing show, a 'Freak Show' and a couple of magic shows. In the summer they have a Batman stunt show. The magic show in particular was very high quality. The coasters were also better there than I was expecting. Everything was running on two trains (that had multiple trains), despite the fact that the rides were half empty and I had 8 goes on the Intamin hyper coaster without getting off. Based on my experience Washing's transport was also very frequent and punctual.

That's an insane amount, think park entry cost me $70 in 2019 which I thought was very costly.
And this year in Texas a chain wide season/annual pass cost $160 (think day ticket for Fiesta Texas, and Over Texas was about $40).

I'm not sure I agree with the new managements idea of increasing prices to effectively price out people. Whilst hoping to increase profits due to the smaller number of guests increasing their secondary spends. Especially when he seems to think they can accomplish this without continuing to invest in the parks rides or infrastructure.

Six Flags do not offer a premium product. They're going to outprice such a huge quantity of their guests. I look forward to the inevitable u-turn.