• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Splash Landings repaints

Why couldn't they have just left it alone, it was great as it was before.

They are wasting money and spoiling their own hotel at the same time.

That 'transition' is so ugly :( I really loved the way it was done before. I didn't mind the idea of the comic book style repaint to begin with, and I do like some of it, but THAT is just... ugh. Also I do not like that green (?) colour at all!

Who fancies some more Splash Landings repaints?

Lifts:
923353_485110934892689_1670654083_n.jpg

This way to Flambos:
575583_485111128226003_197636104_n.jpg

Really not sure what is going on here:
946990_485111324892650_1534201891_n.jpg

Or here:
942023_485111328225983_1197608997_n.jpg

Doors:
936972_485111611559288_1159160906_n.jpg

Pick a colour, any colour:
971837_485111614892621_1434456126_n.jpg

Those mixed colours are the first thing I've disliked about this.

Everything else I still think is okay - it goes with it's fresher newer bolder colours that is very much in style now. Really dislike how they've implemented mixing the colours though.

OH HELL NO!

This looks stupid, its getting worse and looks plain nasty and cheap.

As I said in the 2013 topic...

'Excuse me while I vomit everywhere...'

I first thought that the repaint was a bit bad, but could've been worse. Now with the latest pictures? *voms everywhere*

GaryH said:
Looks like the sorta 3D paint jobs in the voodoo mansion in Oakwood!

Spooky 3D! It does look like that, which is ludicrous.
it looked so much nicer before, I can't understand why they would do this!

I reckon the management's thinking must be something along these lines:

"kids like bright colours, and splash landings is for kids innit"

Result? An utter tackfest.

They did just spend 18 million squid on the worlds biggest paperweight, maybe they have to use sample paint pots to finish this refurb.

They are turning it from a nice family hotel to a kids hotel that adults will hate, it looks like a creche. With no class at all. I guess they think their guests are too stupid to appreciate subtlety in design and need to bit hit in the eyes with FUN FUN FUN, just in case they weren't sure what they were supposed to be having.

Why? Why spend money on making things worse? It angers me more than spending no money and letting things rot. It clearly isn't being done on the cheap either, it just looks like it is because of the atrociousness of it. Who signs these things off? Fools.

It would probably look nicer if they hadn't decided to keep changing the colour every 5 yards...

As a result, it just looks stupid...

It would be interesting to see if anyone has any comparison photographs so that we can fully judge which was better.

For example, I'd rather have a colourful corridor (as long as it doesn't change colour) than a plain, boring one which doesn't fit the Caribbean atmosphere.

The old paint jobs were much more subtle and low key. They were much better in my opinion. They were painted and styled to look like they had been worn and washed out over many years and had been painted in that style. Still bright and colourful, but more artistic and cleverly done.

This is all to brash and in your face.