• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

I have not laughed out loud about coasters like I have in the last couple of pages!!

Al, how do you even find these things - and that random unicycle coaster thing lol!!!

Definitely with Plastic on not venturing into that Dark House pmsl!! Mind you, I hear it has a world's first "Washing Machine" element...

Not a coaster but I feel this rather strange looking drop tower should have a place in the topic.

150ft Tall and location in India not sure which park.

1902838_10152314470729579_1673768390_n.jpg

I dearly hope that building in the background is part of some themed area! :p

Wow, there's no way you would get me on that death trap! It looks like it could fall over at any minute!

:)

A wing drop tower? :p

That looks like it could break at any moment but looks fun.

Now, I love Drop Towers as much as the next guy...

But THAT, is just down right WRONG! You would have to pay me some seriously huge bribe to get me on that thing!!

It even has a cross on the top of it - like they know that the riders need to be blessed just in case the inevitable happens... :p

Scott said:
It even has a cross on the top of it - like they know that the riders need to be blessed just in case the inevitable happens... :p

HAHAHA I noticed that!! Scary, scary looking thing that is!!

Shell said:
Not sure if this has been posted already, but here is Tranan, an S&S Free Fly in Skara Sommarland in Sweden.

I remember when these came out, I am sure we all do, my only surprise is why more parks having taken them on as unique little family thrill coasters. You really look quite open and exposed in the gondolas and it does look very funky!

Now that would be a perfect Chessie mid sized family coaster. Could theme it easy to wildlife/world areas.

Sounds a bit "squeaky" though lol!

Think they had a few problems with that ride though and that is probably the reason no one has bought any. Apparently it overshot the brakes and crashed into a stationary car in the station.

I already have a phobia when it comes to drop towers, but that pic of that Indian thing has pushed me from phobia to all out terror !
I know there are lots and lots of people in India and the poor have a hard time but surely life isn't so cheap that anyone is ever tempted to ride that ! :eek:

Anaconda at Gold Reef City in South Africa. There's nothing overly strange about this in terms of what it does as a coaster. It's a Giovanola inverted coaster which opened in 1999, which means it looks just like a B&M but it's not a B&M. Here are a few photos from RCDB:

joqb71p0g2g94c005hjgl8.jpg

b5c094c005hngl8b71h0gc.jpg

8lv4c001hngl8b71g21g09.jpg

Just strange! It actually looks really nicely themed:

54602oqoak5jgok2l84i60.jpg

I'd love to go and see how it rides!

:)

The helix looks absolutely brilliant! Wanted to try that for a while, though I'd say their 6.3G Tower of Terror coaster attracts me more! ;)

2r875g4um2og83u02si000.jpg

gvp807oc1e9000jj02fb1c.jpg

Didn't realise that Tower of Terror's subcontractor was also Giovanola? Always assumed some really dodgy company had cobbled it together out of an old mine's headframe and bits of scrap! :p

Water 'Shoot' at Fun Valley, Uttarakhand, India

kp10000hucl4km0002msog.jpg

Splashdown! ::)

4ei05dpu000013spg99cg0.jpg

Gives Hydro at Oakwood a run for it's money I bet.

c65s4km8002mus00000huc.jpg

Dat station doe...

87hk000ld8a040003sro98.jpg

To put the park into perspective, Here's the entrance to Saw: Alive

Tuggerz said:
Gives Hydro at Oakwood a run for it's money I bet.

On kill count maybe...

There are so many of these things in India it seems. Some of them on RCDB are in such a state, it's hilarious :p

Moving away for a moment from the subcontinent and their euthanisia coasters....

We are back to the land of the majestic Helix... and a ride that wasn't quite so successful. An invert boomerang, with a slight difference....

Looks quite normal:

6n7000i47a0000022ck229.jpg

Or is it?

c6h50gi0004h2800000g88.jpg

What's that I hear you holler??

165hro0000044508940028.jpg

Now apparently this was the first Invertigo installation and was due to have a LIM or LSM launch :eek: but tech didn't allow it. It ran from '97 to '02 and was plagued by problems. The delay in opening resulted in Liseberg being given Uppskjutet as compensation.

I'm wondering if that's where BPB salvaged the new restraint additions to Infusioooooow.

(Pics credit RCDB)

I love how the cars jiggle and make an iffy sound as they go up the lift! Clearly a quality ride. :p