• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SW7 Competition

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
My entry is in! I'm proud of mine, Its really good.
It's um.... theme park poetry! :)

It's absolutely lovely that Towers Street are running a competition such as this one so soon after launching, a real credit to the people behind the site (and Alton Towers themselves). :)

Have entered.

I've entered, with some humour shoved in there...

Well, it would be boring without some sort of joke!

Entered and can't wait for the results :)

It's a great prize for all four people that can witness this once in a lift time oppinuity

delta79 said:
does the 100 words have any bearing over the winner?

It's more a bit of fun, just be aware if you did win your's would be famous. If you don't fill that part out though the submission will be considered incomplete and void though.

We are going to publish a few during the next few weeks as well

well i just entered the comp. don't quite know what the team will make of my 100 words :D

cotda said:
Oops! I did my 100 words serious :eek: (not fun like others) #chancewasted

Not at all :). The 100 words question is just for a bit of fun to keep things interesting and make people work a little for the prize :p. Everyone who submits a completed valid entry is in with the same chance of winning.

Making your answer interesting or fun does mean we're more likely to publish it along with others during and after the competition has finished though - that's why we're asking people to make a bit of effort and put some thought in :).

Since the 100 words has no bearing on winning or not I think I'll take some time to think of something interesting to write before submitting. :p

Just submitted my entry, I certainly justify why I need correcting though I'm glad it has no baring on the winner! :p

Just to add my thoughts again on this competition:

vic-and-bob.jpg

I've tried submitting my entry, but every time I click the "Submit Your Entry" button after filling in all the details, it just reloads the same page but with the URL having "error" at the end of it. I tried this on 2 browsers (Firefox and Safari) and it still come up with the error message in the URL, so I don't know if it was submitted or not.

I clicked it twice on each browser, and I'm worried that I submitted it 4 times by mistake and my entry will be dismissed. Is anyone else having this problem?

(I submitted mine at 14:54 - 19/12/2012)

Hi Martin.C,

We don't appear to have received your entries at all, so there obviously is some kind of error going on with your entry.

When you said "error"appeared in the URL, did it have an = next to it with another word? That would be a clue to the error bring generated.

It would usually say either:

?error=validation
?error=captcha
?error=sql

If you can try again and you don't see the confirmation page, check and see what URL you do get in your browser and let me know here.

Thanks.

I'm getting an error when trying to submit too. :( I'm getting ?error=captcha at the end of the url. I assume it is to do with the human check? Although there is nothing appearing after that field for me: http://prntscr.com/mmjh5

I've tried Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer - entry on all of those is not working for me.

I got the same thing as well. I did notice that the heading saying 'Human Check' was there but no actual Human Check was there. :(

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.