• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Dungeon

TowersStreet are referring to this exhibition on the 19th September, posted by Towers Times on their Facebook page:

FB_IMG_1662303975203.jpg
I'm aware that they are referring to that consultation (sorry if I didn't make that clear), but they also seem to be doing a bit of a "wink wink nudge nudge" about the future of the Alton Towers Dungeon... which I thought was interesting given that the Dungeons site isn't where the new attraction is going (supposedly).

If Dungeons are going, nothing of value was lost.

All serious though, if it was built alongside the hotels as park of the resort experience rather than on the park then it might have worked better.

Given its am indoor attraction on the cards, I hope a return of Black Hole in a vastly updated form is here as would be Port Discovery replacing TWODW would be here!

Also, if this is being planned alongside Duel's refurb, wonder if Merlin/Towers have put forward a dark ride team for the park with Duel's refurbishment being a test bed for this team to start from in which once they have the experience from learning from it then they can tackle a bigger challenge which is the Dungeons building?

I'm aware that they are referring to that consultation (sorry if I didn't make that clear), but they also seem to be doing a bit of a "wink wink nudge nudge" about the future of the Alton Towers Dungeon... which I thought was interesting given that the Dungeons site isn't where the new attraction is going (supposedly).
Or...*removes your tin foil hat for you* 😉, it's a neighbouring attraction which has been hideously poorly visited since its inception and it's a handy talking point for social media. I mean let's be honest, many of us are surprised the thing has last 3 years in the first place 😂.

Intriguing that they still refer to it as the 'Mouse site', over 30 years since it was vacated!
It is odd but I think it's purely to demonstrate that it's a site that has hosted a ride previously which dismissed any immediate concern that they're felling a load of trees or encroaching into the gardens.

Furthermore, "this site used to house a coaster, now we want to put a far less noisy tin shed here".

Actually, remember the Jazz Land plan that had a giant shed on the site next to TT at the time when the area was Cred Street? (Can't remember if they were fake or not).

If real then it seems that Towers are once again revisiting old plans from over a decade ago for something to happen here. Who knows what other old plans they'll be looking into such as the rumours of JW wanting to add scenes to Duel/HH that never made it to the original version.

Actually, remember the Jazz Land plan that had a giant shed on the site next to TT at the time when the area was Cred Street? (Can't remember if they were fake or not).

If real then it seems that Towers are once again revisiting old plans from over a decade ago for something to happen here. Who knows what other old plans they'll be looking into such as the rumours of JW wanting to add scenes to Duel/HH that never made it to the original version.
The one which involved adding a drop to Toyland Tours and had the same reference numbers copy/pasted from a previous application (I think Air's)? The same details also appeared on the 'brookstick coaster' plan.

All fake.

I'm not sure that Jazzland was a real plan; correct me if I'm wrong, somebody, but I could have sworn that it was said that Jazzland was a very elaborate fake.

To be honest, I think "using Coaster Corner" is almost up there with the cross valley coaster in terms of how many times enthusiasts have suggested it over the years... so I must admit that I find it pretty surreal that the area is finally being reused!

Could we keep discussion specifically to The Dungeons only in this topic? If you'd like to discuss the potential new indoor attraction, and past plans related to the wider area, please use the Public Consultation topic in future, as discussion is being duplicated. I won't move the posts above as discussion won't flow in the other topic, but if we could move back to Dungeons only in here. Thanks :)

Just a question regarding the lifts from Charlie, where about in the ride building where they located about and, as to ask the same question above, is if one or both are still SBNO or long gone.

Oddly I'm surprised they haven't thought about taking one of the lifts, using the other for spare parts, and rebuild it in the Nickelodeon building as another indoor attraction...clever way of using on site materials without outsourcing for new ride tech. Would add another attraction to TWODW which it badly needs and helps with capacity for the park overall.

Suprised this hasn't been thought about more as the ride technology could be put to good use.

I think the 2 raised sections may well be for the lifts. The building where the lifts are located was purpose-built for CATCF, I believe, and it’s certainly taller than the rest of the building.