• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Future of Skyride

I remember the old gondolas where they would play the tune "English Country Garden" and as you went into the stations at either end of the runs, it would fizzle out into a mess of interference and white noise before going silent.
Yes the section just before you go into a station (and vice versa) is a dead spot for the signal.

I remember the old gondolas where they would play the tune "English Country Garden" and as you went into the stations at either end of the runs, it would fizzle out into a mess of interference and white noise before going silent.
Was that the theme music from Old MacDonalds Farmyard they were playing? I'm pretty sure that sampled English Country Garden and I seem to have a recollection of it being used on the Skyride.

Was that the theme music from Old MacDonalds Farmyard they were playing? I'm pretty sure that sampled English Country Garden and I seem to have a recollection of it being used on the Skyride.

I can remember this being played on the ride. The whole lot, alongside Towers Street. Sure when thus music started and stopped in the gondolas. But it certainly played in 2003 and 2004.

Reactions: Ash
I've no idea as in those days I never visited Old MacDonalds Farmyard. My lasting memory of it was hearing the music as we crossed the valley and I looked out the side looking away from the gardens into the distance!

On Theme Park Guide's live blog of the opening day of Pirate Takeover, the latest update sees the Skyride Towers Street station completely covered in scaffolding, along with a suspected repaint.

The new gondola at Legoland is a Poma gondola not a Doppelmayr like Disney's - Poma was obviously the manufacturer of the Alton Towers Skyride as well so I wonder if there has been a multi-deal to build this new one and get some work don on the Alton one.

Are we sure Merlin didn’t close towers ’ for the year to send some on a us holiday?

How long is the testing for this. Is it compariable to nemesis for instance or because its a transit ride it has different minimum requirements

From: https://x.com/towersstreet/status/1758871065277698220?s=46&t=yO1yBjvLsYAwa_Hl7yMQvA

New signage on the Towers Street skyride station. Assuming the other three have also received the same treatment.

Surely testing can’t take too long on something like this, could we maybe see testing after Pirate Takeover has finished to have it open for opening day?

I still don’t think there’ll be an official announcement when it reopens, I think it’ll be more just a page update on the ride availability page and maybe a little banner or something on the website so people know it’s back open

I can’t see it being open for opening day but who knows! The station is still covered in scaffolding and wheels still missing at the towers street station.

I’ve no idea how long it takes to get the Skyride signed off, but staff will then all bed training, and I guess cause it’s been closed so long everyone will need retraining.