• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Future of Skyride

I feel for Biance to be honest, it's clear she's been left to clean up years of neglect. I have faith the Skyride will be back in 2025, as she does say it's her ambition not to lose it from the parks lineup. Whilst I don't think having to pay £25 to get around on a mobility scooter as an alternative to something which is included in the parks lineup is great, I appreciate her honesty before the season has started, and also appreciate the money going into it to get it operational again.
I wouldn't feel too sorry for her, she's not doing the job for free

I'm not going round in the circles again, but it really doesn't matter what the company "think" the attraction is.
It is an aid to travel, and has been for decades, whatever the corporation want to think.
Not clear cut in law under the Equality Act regarding indirect discrimination...
needs to be clarified in case law.
I can't be arsed, but others now might.
It has been a bit of a shambles all round.
I'm happy to limp.
Edit...They could simply offer the scooters without charge as an offer as goodwill, without liability, using id and an increased deposit.
They could quite easily tear the whole thing out and there would be nothing any court of law could do about it. They're not legally obliged to supply any transport inside the park.

Let them repair it properly and it'll give many more years of service.

I was at the park today and one thing I noticed was I don't think the cable was following the wheels in the towerstreet station correctly (it was going above a set of wheels and i think the set of wheels on the following colum was removed)

Anyone think that when it comes back the glass will be replaced. Because I remember it looking like it had been attacked by a wild animal last I was on it but that must have been back in 2017.

I noticed at the dark forest station, the cable isn’t actually attached to some of the wheels, with lots of ropes and cables holding it in place.
Probably relieved the tension on the drive wheel to maintain the bearings on the drive train
hence causing the best of what...10 ton of cable to hang down and if you can pin it off the ground and save lifting it back up well that's a bonus!!!