• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Future of Towers Street and/or the Park Entrance

Trooper Looper

TS Member
I'm not sure if this is an ideal place to post this about Towers Street the area, but this thread seems the most appropriate. I remember posting here a while back about the current State of towers street and how dire it looked with the poor 2017 paint job. So I decided to open up Photoshop today and try and do an improved version. Hope you folks like it.

What we currently have:
27752144_412040429222645_6056397182249385848_n.jpg

What I did:
towers street (1).jpg

Last edited:
The issue isn’t the paint job per se, it’s the fact they are painting on a rotting facade. You could bring the best external painters in the world with the highest quality paint and it would still look naff in a year as the base just isn’t up to it anymore.

Like a lot of AT, Towers Street need a major refurbishment, not just a lick of purple paint.

I'm not sure if this is an ideal place to post this about Towers Street the area, but this thread seems the most appropriate. I remember posting here a while back about the current State of towers street and how dire it looked with the poor 2017 paint job. So I decided to open up Photoshop today and try and to an improved version. Hope you folks like it.

What we currently have:
27752144_412040429222645_6056397182249385848_n.jpg

What I did:
towers street (1).jpg

I congratulate your efforts and for trying however I’m not a fan of either, towers street looks so dated now. It needs new facades and a complete overhaul not more paint jobs and minimal theming.

In the future they need to move the offices, have less food trucks around and utilise what could be an amazing experience for guests entering the park. Such a wasted opportunity and this is where they could be showing off there guns here…that they really do fit into that “world class theme park” bracket. However at best we have a “Gulliver’s Travels style” standard which follows the theme of all the uk theme park entrances stuck in the 90s. Just really lets them selfs down to be honest.

My rant for the day enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I congratulate your efforts and for trying however I’m not a fan of either, towers street looks so dated now. It needs new facades and a complete overhaul not more paint jobs and minimal theming.

In the future they need to move the offices, have less food trucks around and utilise what could be an amazing experience for guests entering the park. Such a wasted opportunity and this is where they could be showing off there guns here…that they really do fit into that “world class theme park” bracket. However at best we have a “Gulliver’s Travels style” standard which follows the theme of all the uk theme park entrances stuck in the 90s. Just really lets them selfs down to be honest.

My rant for the day enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overhaul is needed but they won’t put more shop fronts/ food outlets on Towers Street.

The issue is no one lingers around it, unlike Disney where to cross the park you have to return to the hub which brings you back to main street and therefore tempt you to some of the food options there, at Towers most people cross along white bridge, so 95% of guests never have cause to return to the vicinity of Towers Street to use any facilities.

If I was Towers I would move the corporate hospitality into Towers Street and use the current CHS as a new sit down eatery, gets more footfall due to proximity of X-Sector and Spinball.

If there was more stuff to linger around, like there used to be, people might linger longer.
Lots use express parking for picnics, and if there was more to do, more families with young kids would be there right next to the brat park known as CBeebies.

I wonder if they could look at having a new (additional) proper entrance down at the bottom of FV (yes, that old chestnut)? Use part of the Air car park? Also, the arcade at the top of FV could be turned into a restaurant or whatever. Fit a gift shop in somewhere. Then demolish part of Towers Street and have a couple of flat rides up there (sacrilege I hear you shout). Then, get rid of the monorail when it's no longer worth fixing it (pretty soon probably) and save money there. You could still have the parking, entrance, gift shop etc at Towers Street, in addition to the new entrance area. I like the history of the place as much as anyone, but sometimes we need to embrace a new world and move forward.

If there was more stuff to linger around, like there used to be, people might linger longer.
Lots use express parking for picnics, and if there was more to do, more families with young kids would be there right next to the brat park known as CBeebies.

Not sure it was ever that busy in the middle of the day, the gift shop was more individual shops rather than one big one and they had other services specific to the time (bank).

It needs somewhere that can serve a nice breakfast sandwich and maybe something that offers snacks later on but I would invest elsewhere on resort for lunch facilities.

I wonder if they could look at having a new (additional) proper entrance down at the bottom of FV (yes, that old chestnut)? Use part of the Air car park? Also, the arcade at the top of FV could be turned into a restaurant or whatever. Fit a gift shop in somewhere. Then demolish part of Towers Street and have a couple of flat rides up there (sacrilege I hear you shout). Then, get rid of the monorail when it's no longer worth fixing it (pretty soon probably) and save money there. You could still have the parking, entrance, gift shop etc at Towers Street, in addition to the new entrance area. I like the history of the place as much as anyone, but sometimes we need to embrace a new world and move forward.

You won’t get permission for rides on the Towers Street site. Entrance in valley would create a horrific bottleneck in that part of the park as everyone is funnelled into one narrow “corridor” of the park.

You won’t get permission for rides on the Towers Street site. Entrance in valley would create a horrific bottleneck in that part of the park as everyone is funnelled into one narrow “corridor” of the park.
Maybe just kiddie rides or bumper cars or whatever. Or none at all. They don't need to be anything major. I can see that the area through FV is somewhat narrower than Towers Street and the area beyond. However, if you're still operating 2 entrances then not everyone will be entering through there at the same time. As part of the new entrance and plans you could take measures to widen in certain places too.

The idea of a permanent entrance move to FV is sacrilege.

The sense of arrival from the monorail, looking down towers street and the arrival at the top is unique.

Trapsing in past a dirty galactica just doesn’t have any appeal. It’s glaringly obvious what needs and has been for years. An entertainment complex in the “Air Car Park”

Again visible from the monorail with a new covered minigolf, shops, cinema/theatre, bowling alley, restaurants, coffee shop. This becomes to link to the resort area.

All of the offices removed from towers street to next to magic hq and the left hand side of towers street opened with new premier restaurant in the old board room, seasonal shop and permanent lighting and 3d projections.

CHS moved to above TS family restaurant and redeveloped. The northern edge of the park pushed back to edge of main drive, leaving only 2 lane width for a land train. That broadly follows the same path as the monorail but outside the current park boundaries. Picking up at the car park barriers, monorail station and new “meadow” parking.

This would allow the monorail to be removed, a decent all year transport system to remain and keep the entrance. Makes the most of the available park development land, without digging up roads. The lost parking is moved the new meadow which is more widely developed than is currently suggested. After that we’re in multi storey territory.

MMM is moved to behind TCAAM from back of Walliams, freeing up an extremely large portion of valuable space. A dark ride the size of TCAAM developed on a defunct monorail building.

It is the closed season…

The idea of a permanent entrance move to FV is sacrilege.

The sense of arrival from the monorail, looking down towers street and the arrival at the top is unique.

Trapsing in past a dirty galactica just doesn’t have any appeal. It’s glaringly obvious what needs and has been for years. An entertainment complex in the “Air Car Park”

Again visible from the monorail with a new covered minigolf, shops, cinema/theatre, bowling alley, restaurants, coffee shop. This becomes to link to the resort area.

All of the offices removed from towers street to next to magic hq and the left hand side of towers street opened with new premier restaurant in the old board room, seasonal shop and permanent lighting and 3d projections.

CHS moved to above TS family restaurant and redeveloped. The northern edge of the park pushed back to edge of main drive, leaving only 2 lane width for a land train. That broadly follows the same path as the monorail but outside the current park boundaries. Picking up at the car park barriers, monorail station and new “meadow” parking.

This would allow the monorail to be removed, a decent all year transport system to remain and keep the entrance. Makes the most of the available park development land, without digging up roads. The lost parking is moved the new meadow which is more widely developed than is currently suggested. After that we’re in multi storey territory.

MMM is moved to behind TCAAM from back of Walliams, freeing up an extremely large portion of valuable space. A dark ride the size of TCAAM developed on a defunct monorail building.

It is the closed season…
Some decent ideas. The only thing I would mention is that personally I was not suggesting that the entrance was completely removed from Towers Street. Just that the offices and shops were reduced somewhat to allow for space for other things, then an ADDITIONAL permanent entrance with ancillary buildings was introduced near Air. People would be free to choose to enter by either entrance when the Monorail is inevitably scrapped in a few years.

To look at it from another angle. If the Monorail becomes no longer financially viable to operate and has to be removed or mothballed in, for example, 2028. What would the extra FV entrance nay-sayers suggest? You're left with a large proportion of the car parking nowhere near the current entrance. What's the realistic solution?

I'd be up for a new replacement method of transport... I mean all that money we were told that would be used to go into local transport and the link road/bypass must be adding up hey M£rlin!

Some decent ideas. The only thing I would mention is that personally I was not suggesting that the entrance was completely removed from Towers Street. Just that the offices and shops were reduced somewhat to allow for space for other things, then an ADDITIONAL permanent entrance with ancillary buildings was introduced near Air. People would be free to choose to enter by either entrance when the Monorail is inevitably scrapped in a few years.

The problem is, if you had two optional entrances, guests would naturally go for the one nearest to them, the FV entrance, since that's where most car parks are situated.

The issue with a FV entrance is that they must go all out and make a huge entrance/street area akin to Towers Street if guests can choose which entrance to use to cope with the mass crowds. Or, they need to build a smaller entrance and limit the type of guests that can use this (Merlin pass holders, hotel guests, disabled guests) and keep it as an exit for all at the end of each day.

You could move coach parking to the car parks near Air. Then you'd have a lot more 'normal' parking space for guests near to the current entrance. I would imagine that a lot of people would choose to use the current entrance because they'd rather start their day over this side of the park, then you'd get another chunk of guests who would park over the Air side as they wanted to start their day near Nemesis etc. I don't like the idea of limiting who could access at either entrance. It would simply be a choice of where you wanted to park and start your day (until the slightly more limited parking at the current entrance side had filled up, then you may have to filter the remaining guests down to the Air car park).

That's how it works in my head anyway :)