• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

A new takeaway Pizza outlet has been registered by Aramark for what I assume is Splash Landings Hotel ‘Pizza Shack Splash’

I know they have offered late night pizza takeaway before at the bar, but this suggests it may be more of a separate offering.

IMG_6214.jpeg

I wonder if this is in response to the swathes of people who end up ordering pizzas on Just Eat once everything shutters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some sad news today about the skyride and hex but atleast towers has seemed to have their own little 'sparkle project' which has been speculated for a while, again it feels a bit like a season where you can see things improving but due to past neglect the park won't be back in its full form yet.

Interested what the 'enriching upgrades' are to the waterpark it's barely had any closed time and still open now.
Water park actually looked in quite a state when it reopened following its winter closed time. I’ve not been in it, but usually when you walk through it after the winter close down you can spot things that have been painted or cleaned, but nothing looked different to me.

Interesting, I'll be going there on the 27th for my annual water park visit so hopefully it'll be slightly more up to par by then.

I do wonder when a renovation of Splash Landings is penciled in for. After 21 years, the rooms are starting to feel a little tired. Then again, judging by the state of the non-themed, 'standard' Alton Towers Hotel rooms are in, we might be waiting a while.

The Splash rooms were touched up a few years back when they replaced all the bathrooms, so I wouldn’t expect them to get attention anytime soon.

As you say the Explorer rooms in the ATH are far more in need of a refurb.

Pretty much every update done to the hotels has been a downgrade from its as-new condition. Whilst the rooms definitely need some love, I’d worry that any refurb will just cheapen the feel of them, with some combination of vinyls and replacement of bespoke decoration with generic items,

Pretty much every update done to the hotels has been a downgrade from its as-new condition. Whilst the rooms definitely need some love, I’d worry that any refurb will just cheapen the feel of them, with some combination of vinyls and replacement of bespoke decoration with generic items,
I would previously have agreed with you with what we've seen over the last few years. I still mourn the subtlety of Splash Landings when it was new - all (intentionally!) faded, weather beaten pastels. Before they went all 'Loony Tunes' on it in the early 2010s. However, now we've seen the direction the park is going in, I have tentative hope for future renovations.