• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

The Splash rooms were touched up a few years back when they replaced all the bathrooms, so I wouldn’t expect them to get attention anytime soon.

As you say the Explorer rooms in the ATH are far more in need of a refurb.
I agree with you about the ATH rooms. In their current state, I don't know how the park dare put images on their website of them. They really are in a shameful state.

Ideally both hotels need a good step back to their original themes.
ATH back to around the world influences I get steampunk was a thing a few years ago and it was easy to tag onto Sth but it looked tagged on too. Give me worldly. explorer rooms based on algenonstravels, indian style bed throws, scandi curtains, just more shimsy . Public spaces could be a bit more classy and grown up too. Stop shows on the ship it just takes overthe entire lobby. Throw the singers in the emperor room or in the lake.
sgr into a steak house style Think miller and carter. Dragon bar to go fully orient inspired again, expanded to include the fireplace snug.bring back the little gin bar in the lobby that opened twice before being forgotten.

splash needs to be washed out, sun faded Caribbean glory not a nursery with just red and blue. Get the water features back too. And the plumbers and ma garitas. It had a great story behind it I’d love to see return, actual cocktails in the bar would be a plus too

Love the bowler hat lights.

Costa prices + themepark premium was never going to turn out cheap. Luckily the only coffee thing I like is tiramisu so they're welcome to it all at that price :)

This is a great move! Both hotels have been crying out for something like this for years. Be nice to have the option of a lighter bite in an afternoon or evening without needing to go to one of the restaurants.

Whereabouts in the hotel is that?

Also I wouldn’t bank on it being open past 3pm, I would expect it mainly to be there for extra breakfast coffee and lunch.

I would have preferred a cocktail/gin bar but that looks great. Looks far better than the previous Coffee Portal.

I really hope we see some refurbishments to the hotels over the coming years. ATH in particular could do with a refurb of some public areas and the Explorer room are in desperate need of modernising.

Reactions: LJP
I would have preferred a cocktail/gin bar but that looks great. Looks far better than the previous Coffee Portal.

I really hope we see some refurbishments to the hotels over the coming years. ATH in particular could do with a refurb of some public areas and the Explorer room are in desperate need of modernising.
They already have a gin bar, it's just never open 😂

I visited the new coffee shop today and it's a nice little edition, the theming fits well with the hotel too! The only bit I didn't like is they've painted all the wooden borders around the 2nd floor lobby a dark green which doesn't fit with the rest of the hotel and looks out of place. But other than that a great addition!