• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

Ditto. It’s almost become a running joke of running a finger round all the surfaces when checking in these days!

IMG_0081.jpeg

I suspect short staffing doesn’t help matters, as you then have each housekeeper trying to get through more rooms each day and rushing to finish them on time.

Ditto. It’s almost become a running joke of running a finger round all the surfaces when checking in these days!

IMG_0081.jpeg

I suspect short staffing doesn’t help matters, as you then have each housekeeper trying to get through more rooms each day and rushing to finish them on time.
The sort of cleaning like the curtain pole only needs doing once a week at most though. They should have the basics of vacuuming and bathrooms every day and then a separate medium level weekly dust plus a monthly deep clean schedule. Doesn’t look like they are doing more than the daily stuff.

Also if a room hasn’t been let to guests and therefore not cleaned for a couple of days it needs going over again, otherwise you end up with the issues above in the enchanted village.

Let's hope they don't have an episode of the Gordon Ramsay show Hotel Hell...actually no, I take that back, I'd want that as the thought of him unleashing a torrid of abuse at some incompetent Merlin management over all the problems with the hotel and the food would have me chuckling watching the show while sipping a red wine. 😈

Hello, Butlins calling again.

When I checked in Mon I got to my room and it smelt like cigarette smoke (which I presumed was from previous occupants breaking the rules) and had twin beds. It otherwise appeared spotlessly clean. I checked my booking, I had accidently booked a twin.

I went to reception and complained about the smell and mentioned the twin/double issue, they apologised sent someone to the room who changed all the bedding and recleaned the room, changed the bed in to a double and then called me about 45 minutes later to check the room and confirm I was happy. I was. About 2 hours later someone from head office phoned to check the complaint had been dealt with and I was happy, and if there was anything else they could do.

Turned out occasionally some bellend of a guest had a smoke beside the aircon inlets despite the signage telling them not to, it happened a couple of other times in the week. Yep, aircon as standard in all hotel rooms.

£133 for the room for four nights for three people, including all shows, activities, swimming, funfair etc etc (before food.) The rooms are themed to each hotel, this one being nautical with ships wheel and gearstick, under water themed bunk beds, fish carpets and loads of clever storage etc. Absolutely incredible.

What exactly is it we are paying for at Merlin properties?

Let's hope they don't have an episode of the Gordon Ramsay show Hotel Hell...actually no, I take that back, I'd want that as the thought of him unleashing a torrid of abuse at some incompetent Merlin management over all the problems with the hotel and the food would have me chuckling watching the show while sipping a red wine. 😈
I'd rather see someone chin him...

I'd rather see someone chin him...
The Hotel Inspector would be better or those types of people who frequent 4 In A Bed that would be able to find dust and a stray hair in a cleanroom environment.

I feel like the hotel prices are set as they are based on the perceived benefits they have - i.e. parking, mini golf etc. That doesn't excuse them looking and functioning like a Britannia Hotel, though clearly the demand is there at the price they are being marketed as, or the price would be dropping like a stone.

Even Eilleen Downey [sc] of Brittania / Pontins fame (she has been on BBC Watchdog) would do a better job of running the Towers accommodation offering. That says a lot.

The thing I don’t get about the bad cleaning standards at towers is the long amount of time they actually have to clean rooms.

Check out is 10am and check in isn’t until 3pm, which is 5 hours. Most budget hotels are 12pm check out and 2/3pm check in. Yet they seem to manage to clean rooms better than towers do.

I guess it’s probably all down to staff shortages or just staff budgets don’t allow enough time for the staff to properly clean the rooms. But that shouldn’t be an excuse with the prices they charge.

It seems Merlin have been teaching Butlins how it should be done…. IMG_6781.png

As this thread attests, I've been to Butlins many many times and I've never seen anything like that, and if kids do make an excessive mess it's usually sorted in a couple of minutes.
That machine cannot look like that unless someone has absolutely abused it.

My money is it was the kids of the bloke who's plastered it all over the socials with a compo face on...