• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Feeling very stressed at the moment. Literally just takes one small thing to set me off. I think it's because I can't escape my family, being at home is nice but it feel like this covid thing is going to go on forever
Join the club, Holland. And get some rum down your throat. :p I'm not liking being stuck at home, even though I've been able to go out to work during the whole of lockdown. The one positive is it's given me time to think about the future, and my one overriding thought is that I don't want to spend this much time apart from my boyfriend ever again (just over six months since I last saw him now).

Just want to send a message to all who read and comment on this thread.

I'm 35 and have had tremendous highs and lows in my life. Having a son, getting married, living in NYC, getting a degree and my masters among the best moments of my life.

However I have also been through 2 painful redundancies, complicated and painful family issues and a whole lot more on top. One of these incidents nearly sent me over the edge I won't lie.

My message to to you all..... Don't ever give up. We all have good days and bad days and we all go through difficult periods in life. Its kind of what life is all about. And if you think you're the only one feeling bad for the last few months you're mistaken. A lot of people have struggled with this situation we have all faced together. It's not been easy for anyone.

One song that's helped keep me going through this is 'You Will Be Found' from Dear Evan Hansen. There's always someone out there who can help you, even if it really doesn't seem like it. I was lucky to have found this community just before I started going through one of the toughest points of my life, and as I've said elsewhere, I can't thank them enough. The entire musical spoke to me on a level no other show ever has before. Talking to people really, really helps.

Found out the other day that a friend of mine who I haven't seen since the start of lockdown is moving to London in a few weeks. :disrelieved:

A group of us are going to meet at Spoons in September to say goodbye to them, but I'll feel awkward as I won't be able to give her a goodbye hug due to social distancing. Plus it's on a Friday evening, when pubs usually get busy, so I'm a bit worried that I might not cope. I'll probably never see her again so if I don't go I won't get to say goodbye. :pensive:

I just want 2O2O to end, it's been a really hard year for me. :(

Found out the other day that a friend of mine who I haven't seen since the start of lockdown is moving to London in a few weeks. :disrelieved:

A group of us are going to meet at Spoons in September to say goodbye to them, but I'll feel awkward as I won't be able to give her a goodbye hug due to social distancing. Plus it's on a Friday evening, when pubs usually get busy, so I'm a bit worried that I might not cope. I'll probably never see her again so if I don't go I won't get to say goodbye. :pensive:

I just want 2O2O to end, it's been a really hard year for me. :(

Make sure that you both keep in touch, make sure you exchange phone numbers, emails, facebook profiles etc.. You will have an excuse to make a trip to London and meet up at one of the Merlin Attractions/Parks ;)

Make sure that you both keep in touch, make sure you exchange phone numbers, emails, facebook profiles etc.. You will have an excuse to make a trip to London and meet up at one of the Merlin Attractions/Parks ;)
I was thinking about that actually. She's doing a Master's so I'd have to check she was available, but I'll keep that in mind. :)

I already have her phone number and WhatsApp, I'm not on Facebook though. A least I've got a couple of weeks to decide about going to the get-together.

Last edited:
Climate change is accelerating and no one is doing anything about it. On the contrary, companies who are making lots of money off pollution are just denying climate change exists. This is really frustrating me and I feel I can't do anything about it.

Grandad passed away Monday night and it's just strange that he's no longer there to visit or call. It wasn't completely unexpected but still difficult to comprehend

Grandad passed away Monday night and it's just strange that he's no longer there to visit or call. It wasn't completely unexpected but still difficult to comprehend
Sorry to hear that Matty. He'll be looking down on you. You are in my thoughts, stay strong!

Some oik nicked my car, now having to wait for the rozzers to release it to a) see if it's been thrashed to death and b) see if Jack the Cat is still in the back.

Some oik nicked my car, now having to wait for the rozzers to release it to a) see if it's been thrashed to death and b) see if Jack the Cat is still in the back.
C) see how much damage they did to knick it.

That is a bugger, hope it's in one piece with no damage.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

C) see how much damage they did to knick it.

That is a bugger, hope it's in one piece with no damage.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Yeah, they told me it's ignition damage and that's about it for the actual theft, just depends how they ragged it about.

And my sympathies go out to the nine car owners who got their tyres slashed on the car park behind the Sealife in Blackpool last night.

It's not nice having your car broken into, sometimes it not just about the damage or what was stolen, but just the fact that someone was in your car without your consent can feel horrible.

I've own my little red sports car for a good 13 years. I use a Stoplock on the steering wheel which acts as a deterrent. Due to being in lockdown, my car has sat on the drive all this time doing nothing. The MOT went and gone, but due to the lockdown, I was given a 6 month extension on the MOT which is due to expire.

As we didn't want to be with out a car just in-case we need to get Jess to the hospital or we get a vaccine, I decided to take my car in for it's MOT last Thursday. My test centre is within waking distance from my home and I dropped off the keys in a box just outside the garage, so very much covid safe and I could remain shielding without having to go anywhere near anyone.

My car has served us well, considering my car is near 30 years old, it has done well, I've looked after it well over the years and it passed most of it's MOT's with flying colours, and when it did fail, it was usually on something silly.

Thursday I go the news that my car had failed it MOT miserably. It had failed on 9 points, mostly regarding extensive rust to the chassis and 1 advisory, again to do with rust.

So we have come to the decision that it is time to send our car to the scrap heap. So we are now carless, but are now putting the ball in motion in obtaining a WAV (Wheelchair assessable vehicle). I hoping that we be able to source one before this pandemic is over or Jess requiring a hospital visit.

It's not nice having your car broken into, sometimes it not just about the damage or what was stolen, but just the fact that someone was in your car without your consent can feel horrible.

I've own my little red sports car for a good 13 years. I use a Stoplock on the steering wheel which acts as a deterrent. Due to being in lockdown, my car has sat on the drive all this time doing nothing. The MOT went and gone, but due to the lockdown, I was given a 6 month extension on the MOT which is due to expire.

As we didn't want to be with out a car just in-case we need to get Jess to the hospital or we get a vaccine, I decided to take my car in for it's MOT last Thursday. My test centre is within waking distance from my home and I dropped off the keys in a box just outside the garage, so very much covid safe and I could remain shielding without having to go anywhere near anyone.

My car has served us well, considering my car is near 30 years old, it has done well, I've looked after it well over the years and it passed most of it's MOT's with flying colours, and when it did fail, it was usually on something silly.

Thursday I go the news that my car had failed it MOT miserably. It had failed on 9 points, mostly regarding extensive rust to the chassis and 1 advisory, again to do with rust.

So we have come to the decision that it is time to send our car to the scrap heap. So we are now carless, but are now putting the ball in motion in obtaining a WAV (Wheelchair assessable vehicle). I hoping that we be able to source one before this pandemic is over or Jess requiring a hospital visit.

Sorry to hear your car is going to car heaven.

Allied Mobility have a range of wheel chair friendly cars to hire, if you find yourself in need of one before you get your replacement car. (Not an ad by the way) my dad is disabled so I know about it from him.

Thanks @Matt878787 I've been looking at several sites (including Allied Mobility) via the mobility site and Allied Mobility seems to be a good choice, they seem to have a quick turnaround and the best offers.

I've own my little red sports car for a good 13 years. I use a Stoplock on the steering wheel which acts as a deterrent.

Bad call, do what I am certainly not doing which is spending thousands on a rusty 55 year old heap