The I Feel Down Topic.

Discussion in 'Corner Coffee' started by Adam, 13th Jun 2012.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    Join the club, Holland. And get some rum down your throat. :p I'm not liking being stuck at home, even though I've been able to go out to work during the whole of lockdown. The one positive is it's given me time to think about the future, and my one overriding thought is that I don't want to spend this much time apart from my boyfriend ever again (just over six months since I last saw him now).

rob666 likes this.
  2. Benjsh

Benjsh TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Just want to send a message to all who read and comment on this thread.

I'm 35 and have had tremendous highs and lows in my life. Having a son, getting married, living in NYC, getting a degree and my masters among the best moments of my life.

However I have also been through 2 painful redundancies, complicated and painful family issues and a whole lot more on top. One of these incidents nearly sent me over the edge I won't lie.

My message to to you all..... Don't ever give up. We all have good days and bad days and we all go through difficult periods in life. Its kind of what life is all about. And if you think you're the only one feeling bad for the last few months you're mistaken. A lot of people have struggled with this situation we have all faced together. It's not been easy for anyone.

pluk, Dan, rob666 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    One song that's helped keep me going through this is 'You Will Be Found' from Dear Evan Hansen. There's always someone out there who can help you, even if it really doesn't seem like it. I was lucky to have found this community just before I started going through one of the toughest points of my life, and as I've said elsewhere, I can't thank them enough. The entire musical spoke to me on a level no other show ever has before. Talking to people really, really helps.

Benjsh, Matt N and speedy like this.
  4. skyscraper

skyscraper TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Found out the other day that a friend of mine who I haven't seen since the start of lockdown is moving to London in a few weeks. :disrelieved:

A group of us are going to meet at Spoons in September to say goodbye to them, but I'll feel awkward as I won't be able to give her a goodbye hug due to social distancing. Plus it's on a Friday evening, when pubs usually get busy, so I'm a bit worried that I might not cope. I'll probably never see her again so if I don't go I won't get to say goodbye. :pensive:

I just want 2O2O to end, it's been a really hard year for me. :(

5. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    Make sure that you both keep in touch, make sure you exchange phone numbers, emails, facebook profiles etc.. You will have an excuse to make a trip to London and meet up at one of the Merlin Attractions/Parks ;)

skyscraper likes this.
  6. skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I was thinking about that actually. She's doing a Master's so I'd have to check she was available, but I'll keep that in mind. :)

I already have her phone number and WhatsApp, I'm not on Facebook though. A least I've got a couple of weeks to decide about going to the get-together.

Last edited: 18th Aug 2020
    RoyJess likes this.
  7. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Climate change is accelerating and no one is doing anything about it. On the contrary, companies who are making lots of money off pollution are just denying climate change exists. This is really frustrating me and I feel I can't do anything about it.

8. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

On the basketball court inside the Matterhorn
    Favourite Ride:
    It's a smal world
    Grandad passed away Monday night and it's just strange that he's no longer there to visit or call. It wasn't completely unexpected but still difficult to comprehend

skyscraper likes this.
  9. skyscraper

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Sorry to hear that Matty. He'll be looking down on you. You are in my thoughts, stay strong!

10. RoyJess

RoyJess TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Oblivion? Valhalla? or Apocalypse?
    Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you

skyscraper likes this.
  11. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Sorry for your loss; have my condolences.

skyscraper likes this.