• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Lost my dad when I was very young, my mum about a decade ago to bone cancer.
Hadn't got on with my mum for years, but when she got poorly we had to get on, and we sort of did.
Be thankful for the time you had, and look after your dad.
Good luck and chin up mate, the big wheel keeps turning.

I can't imagine how it would feel like losing a parent @GaryH, as I love both of them more than anything else.
You certainly have my deepest sympathies.
I'm sure that you won't need it, but I am always available to talk.

Last edited:
Damn it, suffered a bad flat tire on the way to work and as I write this I'm now have to get it pumped and even then I don't know how to work those petrol station pumps.

Actually, the car is overdue for new tires so I guess I have no choice but to bite the bullet.

Double Post but buggar me I was hacked on FB and have spent most of the night trying to clean up what's happening and updating all my security. It's that message that is sent for you to check that video which would hack you incase you don't know.

What a bloody night it's been for me.

Double Post but buggar me I was hacked on FB and have spent most of the night trying to clean up what's happening and updating all my security. It's that message that is sent for you to check that video which would hack you incase you don't know.

I hope you manage to sort it out @QTXAdsy!

Hope you manage to get it sorted mate!

I hope you manage to sort it out @QTXAdsy!

Hope you manage to get it sorted mate!

Thank you, thankfully it was just that typical message you get that is sent out to people to click on it and nothing else seems to have been tampered with.

Regardless though, always important to make your security details are tight no matter what you use. But yeah, I was hoping for a relaxing Friday then this happens, ugh.

My heads a mess, can't find anyone to employ me when I do get interviews they're eager to tell me how well it went and then I get an email saying that although they liked me I just don't have the right experience or skills....

Doesn't help that I was let go from my old job in incredibly dubious circumstances but because I hadn't been there 2 years had no base to fight then over it.

I got spiked and robbed on a night out, and with no actual routine the recovery has been slow.

I've had spells of unemployment before but this is definitely the longest period I've been without work. Every rejection makes it harder to push myself to apply again.

My heads a mess, can't find anyone to employ me when I do get interviews they're eager to tell me how well it went and then I get an email saying that although they liked me I just don't have the right experience or skills....

Doesn't help that I was let go from my old job in incredibly dubious circumstances but because I hadn't been there 2 years had no base to fight then over it.

I got spiked and robbed on a night out, and with no actual routine the recovery has been slow.

I've had spells of unemployment before but this is definitely the longest period I've been without work. Every rejection makes it harder to push myself to apply again.

Matty, sorry to hear about your issues. What area do you work in? Have you thought about any online courses to try and bolster your CV?

Mostly customer services. Got a degree in forensic but trying to use that is providing difficult given I live in a seaside town.

Also been volunteering for nearly half my life but it's all unpaid work frustratingly.

In exploring lots of different options at the moment, sending my CV everywhere and constantly trying to improve it.

Damn it, for some reason whenever I'm writing something or quoting something on TS, I'm struggling to reply as it leaves major spaces and all, not sure what's going on. And it keeps crashing on me. :(

Not me, but sad new regarding my parents...both their cars have utterly packed in after both passed their MOT'S. Granted they were planning to replace them but God almighty what a calamity it has been. My car is the only one without problems so I'll have to carpool the which is more harder on me and in this time we were to force on me getting my flat but this whole disaster with cars has likely thrown a spanner in the works to delay us, again! My old man is fearful that someone is trying to kill him in which give that he has had to take the cars in for two or three times each, I'm starting to wonder if he has a point given how the brakes on one the cars has gone.

Really annoyed by it all but sad for my parents' troubles.

After 3 years I have finally been struck down by covid! I've had 3 jabs so not feeling too bad currently but I am annoyed I caught it

After 3 years I have finally been struck down by covid! I've had 3 jabs so not feeling too bad currently but I am annoyed I caught it
Unlucky mate...I managed two and a half years!
Slowed down my minor surgeries by about five hundred percent...that is what has naffed me off, but the vaccinations did their job.