• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Had a meeting with HR today. Nothing has been confirmed yet but the 'R' word is looking likely. Feels like I've been punched in the stomach. This is the only job I've ever had that I actually liked.
So sorry to hear that buddy. Staff at the museum I volunteer could have that happen soon too. Hope you manage to get something sorted. My DMs are open if you need to chat any time. 🙂

You aren't the only one. My work have decided to try and get out of paying 50 hours of overtime and pay me 6k less than a colleague in a similar role. My workshop had to be evacuated as I lost my rag and told them to get out when I got the news

You aren't the only one. My work have decided to try and get out of paying 50 hours of overtime and pay me 6k less than a colleague in a similar role. My workshop had to be evacuated as I lost my rag and told them to get out when I got the news
Sorry to hear that mate, it seems to be happening to a lot of people at the moment. My DMs are open if you need to chat.
:)

Fair play mate. Sometimes you've got to lose your s**t to let people know that certain things just aren't going to fly. Hope you find a suitable resolution.

This probably sounds stupid, but I have been feeling down about the mess I created in the Nemesis thread regarding the track colour.
I should have fully read @Craig's above mine, especially the ATA post he embedded.
I got too carried away when I saw a part of Nemesis' track was black.
Sorry.

Last edited:
This probably sounds stupid, but I have been feeling down about the mess I created in the Nemesis thread regarding the track colour.
I should have fully read @Craig's above mine, especially the ATA post he embedded.
Sorry.
You've got absolutely nothing to apologise for, don't stress over it :). It's a weird one because I had to double check as well - it's weird the way things look is so easily forgotten about when things change.

Seriously, if I see another praise for a train with key worker livery, I shall go mad.
Throw Reaction GIF

Sorry.
I've felt this before and know some other members have too. The thing is you can't read every post and you can't know everything. Your allowed to make mistakes, the team in my experience are very tolerable of that sort of thing. For your age @zeock your very mature and your posts tend to be well formed and well thought out, one of two mistakes don't take away from that (and please don't take this as patronising, because in reality I am only a few years older, it's just your effectively one of the youngest members).

If this was me who’d started it, I feel I’d have been treated differently. Others will now probably say otherwise.

If this was me who’d started it, I feel I’d have been treated differently. Others will now probably say otherwise.
Except that’s plainly incorrect. My responses to Zeock were in a capacity as a poster not a team member. All I was doing was simply correcting an assumption made with evidence proving otherwise - as I would with any other person. Correcting incorrect information and allowing others to learn new information.

As I’ve pointed out, no one should feel down about being corrected. Everyone knows different things on the forum, we’ve all started as new members to the community at some point. That’s exactly how a discussion forum should work.

Somehow, I’m not convinced. I’m not referring to your responses to zeock.

Elsewhere, in the main Chessington topic today I commented about how pathetic strike action has become generally. A response to my comment attracted a fair number of reactions, which generally shows me that those who reacted to it disagree with what I said. And now I feel down because of the basics that people can’t be bothered to read things properly. I mean, really guys? I’ve had to explain myself again tonight in another post. I won’t hold out much hope for an apology.

Last edited:
Other people are allowed to disagree, it is a discussion forum.
You have complained, more than once, that people have misunderstood what you are saying, or can't be bothered, and you have to explain yourself again.
Why would you expect an apology, what have people done for an apology to be given, apart from holding a different opinion?
Other people don't think the strikes are pathetic, no apology or misunderstanding there.

Somehow, I’m not convinced. I’m not referring to your responses to zeock.

Elsewhere, in the main Chessington topic today I commented about how pathetic strike action has become generally. A response to my comment attracted a fair number of reactions, which generally shows me that those who reacted to it disagree with what I said. And now I feel down because of the basics that people can’t be bothered to read things properly. I mean, really guys? I’ve had to explain myself again tonight in another post. I won’t hold out much hope for an apology.
No one’s going to apologise for disagreeing with you, in the same way I didn’t apologise to zeock, my response was not to worry about feeling bad.

People will respond in the same manner to how you post. Looking at those posts, calling things “pathetic” or start a post with “you’re joking?!?!”, especially over emotive topics such as strike action and people are much more likely to respond in a similar tone.

As I say to everyone, if you believe posts are against our forum guidelines, then report the post and the team will review it. But other than that we’re not here to moderate the tone of people’s responses.

But anyway, this topic isn’t really for a back and forth about the forum, so we’ll leave it there.

Perhaps sometimes when we find that things are getting us down it can be a good idea to take a little step back sometimes.

There are a couple of forums and discussion places on the internet that I used to participate in but decided to step away from after finding that there were angry and reactive users there, toxic comments, or just plain rudeness. One forum I just decided to browse occasionally and refrain from posting myself and another I stepped away from entirely. And to tell the truth I don’t even miss posting on them, it’s not worth it if a bunch of random people on the net are getting you down.

However I would say that there’s nothing toxic like that on here whatsoever, but you have to understand that by their very nature internet forums are places to discuss ideas and opinions and naturally people will have differing ones or challenge others, it’s just part of the debate. I’d also suggest though that if you find yourself repeatedly running in to the same issues it can be worth having a little look and think about what you are posting yourself and why people may respond to it in the way that they do.

Last edited:
Other people are allowed to disagree, it is a discussion forum.
You have complained, more than once, that people have misunderstood what you are saying, or can't be bothered, and you have to explain yourself again.
Why would you expect an apology, what have people done for an apology to be given, apart from holding a different opinion?
Other people don't think the strikes are pathetic, no apology or misunderstanding there.
Of course we can all disagree. And I don't expect people to apologise for thinking the strikes are pathetic. It's evident that people did not read my original post properly, had they done they would've seen I was saying the strikes are pathetic because one sector has followed another after another after another. I'm all for improving workplace standards and improving pay and I don't think strike action is always the way to go about it, but if train strikes hadn't started last year, I highly doubt other sectors would've struck since.
No one’s going to apologise for disagreeing with you, in the same way I didn’t apologise to zeock, my response was not to worry about feeling bad.
That's not what I meant. If only people read things properly before replying. I've seen it time and time again here, sometimes we're too quick to reply.

It is a chat forum, discussion.
Most of us come in to chew the fat...doesn't really need deep thought and a considered reply, just chucking opinions about.
Speak your mind, all opinions are sacred, strange opinions are accepted, but with the right to reply...as quickly as you like.
And one thing to remember with this particular forum...
If you don't like it, you can have your money back.
No adverts, just supported by the kindness of others.
I remain grateful, and thankful.