• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Sorry about that @Skyscraper; it shows your qualities as a decent human being that you care about the manager. I hope that the manager and the people at your shop, including you, are OK.
Thanks @zeock, that means a lot. All we know currently is they're still in hospital. It really is hard not to think about it.

I don't even know why I'm posting here but, I'm extremely low and anxious at the moment due to a multitude of unfortunate events & wondering if anyone has any interesting Theme Park documentaries/docuseries/YouTube video recommendations to help me ignore all my problems 😊 Like this:

this-is-fine_custom-dcb93e90c4e1548ffb16978a5a8d182270c872a9.jpg

Also, @Skyscraper I really hope your manager is okay!

I don't even know why I'm posting here but, I'm extremely low and anxious at the moment due to a multitude of unfortunate events & wondering if anyone has any interesting Theme Park documentaries/docuseries/YouTube video recommendations to help me ignore all my problems 😊 Like this:

Hey BooMT, this link won't help in relation to the documentaries, etc (I'm sure other users will be able to suggest some though), but I've found it really helpful recently. I've been suffering with low mood and anxiety myself, so self referred using this service. They called me back within a few days and arranged for an initial over the phone chat, and I've been having regular over the phone sessions since, they've recommended various techniques to help manage anxiety, etc, and over the last few weeks they do seem to be helping. You may already know about it anyway, but just in case:- https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/mental-health/find-an-nhs-talking-therapies-service

If it is anything for you to know, I've always going through anxiety and low opinion of myself too, I just hide it as best as I can with a bit of drink to tackle it. Not healthy I know but it gets me through...funny you mention the old theme park documentaries, I was watching the documentary of the building of the Alton Towers Hotel and of that Andrew Hollingsworth presenting it...looking back on it, I miss the days when many British documentaries in the 90's used slightly awkward or drunk dads to promote the park rather than all those annoying internet personalities nowadays.

If it is anything for you to know, I've always going through anxiety and low opinion of myself too, I just hide it as best as I can with a bit of drink to tackle it. Not healthy I know but it gets me through...funny you mention the old theme park documentaries, I was watching the documentary of the building of the Alton Towers Hotel and of that Andrew Hollingsworth presenting it...looking back on it, I miss the days when many British documentaries in the 90's used slightly awkward or drunk dads to promote the park rather than all those annoying internet personalities nowadays.

Sorry to hear both, my DMs are always open if either of you need to chat. :)

I'm sorry you experience both anxiety and feeling low - it's all consuming at times as I'm sure you can agree! I had various therapies for 17 years up until 2020... Depressed and Anxious are just my default settings I think 😂🤣

I've not seen that one! Will have to seek it out but... also completely with you on the annoying Internet personalities! The nostalgia of when everything was just an unrehearsed car crash 😂

Sorry to hear both, my DMs are always open if either of you need to chat. :)
So sweet! Thank you 😊

wondering if anyone has any interesting Theme Park documentaries/docuseries/YouTube video recommendations to help me ignore all my problems
Think I might have just the link...

Probably a bit outdated now with the rise of Disney+ and some higher-end theme park YouTube content creators, but that should fill a few hours...!

On the way to a football match last Thursday I was walking towards a park opposite the stadium when I saw police officers running ahead. A few minutes later when walking through the park I noticed a crowd up ahead with the police officers too. When walking past I could see a guy on the floor with someone doing CPR. I could also hear the defibrillator speaking, first time I'd ever heard a real one in a real situation. I didn't need to help as there were so many people, but it was still hard to take my mind off it.

How are you feeling about it today @Skyscraper ? Experiencing something like this can be really hard to digest & process, especially if it's new to you. It sounds like the IP had a lot of the right help & support around them in their time of need which is a positive thing, hopefully leading to a positive outcome!

How are you feeling about it today @Skyscraper ? Experiencing something like this can be really hard to digest & process, especially if it's new to you. It sounds like the IP had a lot of the right help & support around them in their time of need which is a positive thing, hopefully leading to a positive outcome!
It's still on my mind but I'm trying not to think about it. Probably will never know whether they survived or not, but as you say at least I saw they were getting help. Probably would have been worse if I'd actually seen them collapse, although being a qualified first aider myself I would have leapt into action.

I still have regrets about how I dealt with the collapse of the manager of the charity shop I volunteer at a few weeks back, although there has been a lot of praise. They're recovering well in hospital though, which is good news.

Thanks for asking though, I really appreciate it!

I bet it is; you're clearly a very caring person.

Don't sweat how you dealt with your manager, it sounded like you did all you could & everyone there very grateful for your action, undoubtedly so if they are giving you praise!

I know how you feel. 2 days in Belgium, SVR gala and Sunday relaxing, got hit by the blues yesterday and today.

Have had a nasty cold, cough and sore throat for the last few days. I get colds about but can't remember the last time I had a cough. Just wish I felt better.

Last edited:
Probably covid.

See a brilliant job advertised, 15 minutes drive from me would be perfect for kick startng my career.

Put a shed load of effort into the application and sent it off.

"Sorry we've filled this position"

*Sigh*

I dunno. I feel a bit lost sometimes, I can't get anywhere here and can't afford to go anywhere closer to where the work is without a position. They don't want someone that has to relocate first.

I can't gain the experience and can't afford to spend forever searching so find a different job that brings money in... "Yeah but what experience in this field do you have"

Sometimes I feel like I've wasted my life...

I dunno. France next week though.