• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Vicki said:
I'm feeling, generally unhappy at the moment.

No real reason why - but it sort of feels like I need a change. I don't know WHAT needs to change, location, friends, job (well, that has to change because without that, I can't move out of my family home), or something else.

But *something* needs to change - I feel like I'm just existing at the minute, even though I've just started a good course at a local college and a great voluntary placement.

Maybe a day in the countryside will make me feel better? Or something along the lines of getting away from this city for a day.

I dunno - I need to cheer up! :)

Like you've said, maybe a break from your day to day life will do you some good, getting out to a new place or such. Maybe a trip to Towers will help you along? ;)

My tutor pretty much told me to change my idea for my work on Monday. I have an assessment tomorrow morning at 10am. So I've had less than 48 hours to completely change my piece of work (I'm on an arts course). So I'm highly stressed right now and rushing my final piece of work tonight.

I'm really annoyed with my tutor. If I was told to change my idea a week ago I would be fine. But no, two days before the assessment it was. My work is not my idea, so I am not passionate about it at all. I'm on an arts course, and not allowed to create work as an individual. I can't put my foot down and stick to my own idea because this tutor is marking my grade, and she pretty much told me on Monday that if I don't do what she says, my grade will go down.

I am not being allowed freedom. This work goes towards my final degree. So I'm fuming with how this has been handled by my course tutor. I am going to end up not sleeping tonight. My work will not be as polished as I'd like. Tomorrow I will be sleep deprived. Because this is not a piece of work showing my OWN idea I will not have any passion presenting tomorrow whatsoever. So needless to say I've had enough, I'm not happy and I'm really tempted to file a complaint over this after the module.

Today, as part of the integration of the Law students from Exeter's Cornwall campus into the main one next year, we all went up to Exeter for the day. I quite enjoyed it, but on the bus home, I was getting close to tears for some reason. I think it's possibly because it's only now hit me that this move is finally happening, and I've got a lot of things to cope with over the next few months. I've got my degree, I need to sort out what I'm doing after my degree, I need to get accommodation sorted for when I'm living in Exeter next year. And on top of all that, I'm moving house next summer, but I have no real idea as to where I'll be going. Furthermore, I feel lost. I really don't feel certain as to what I want to do with my life, especially after today. I'm not even sure that I want a career in the law now! ???

I simply feel down due to stress from Uni, Ex flat mates demanding so much from me, despite them kicking me out, I'm Ill and Money is getting the best of me, I feel like everything just presses down on me at once, I can't help but know that I wasted a year on nothing, yet everybody tells me it's life experience, all I can do is get on with life as best I can...

Hopefully things will pick up, but I can't help but wonder if I've made the right decisions in life.

I don't have anywhere near as much money as I expected. I have no job, no friends, everything is getting too much for me. The stress is making me physically sick, and the only people I have to talk this the Samaritans hotline. I'm on the verge of a breakdown, something I cannot risk to have at this pivotal moment in my life as it would no doubt sabotage my treatment at the gender clinic, amongst other things.

It's too much. It's all too much.

Ashlee, I don't really know what to say except. You are not alone, you have got the community on here. If you need to talk, you know where my PM button is.

AshleeKel said:
I don't have anywhere near as much money as I expected. I have no job, no friends, everything is getting too much for me. The stress is making me physically sick, and the only people I have to talk this the Samaritans hotline. I'm on the verge of a breakdown, something I cannot risk to have at this pivotal moment in my life as it would no doubt sabotage my treatment at the gender clinic, amongst other things.

It's too much. It's all too much.

We're your friends, even if we've never met you.

We all love you. :)

*hugs*

To bring something positive to this thread, Sam perfectly executes precisely what I speak about in my other thread.

One minute, you are being hard on yourself and feeling down, the next you are here trying to perk up the spirits of someone else.

That is the same for many of you on here. Quick to offer some words of support - a very nice thing, and just something I wanted to note, and perhaps even, for you to recognise in your selves ;D

This is a nice thing you all do :)

TheMan

delta79 said:
Ashlee, I don't really know what to say except. You are not alone, you have got the community on here. If you need to talk, you know where my PM button is.

:)

Sam said:
We're your friends, even if we've never met you.

We all love you. :)

*hugs*

Thanks.

Ben though if never met anyone here, and I don't post quite as often as the majority, I do appreciate this community quite a lot :)

Well I didn't think I'd be posting about this less than a week since I posted in the I feel Happy Topic but yet here I am. Had been with Natalie for less than a week and we've already split. Turns out she didn't feel the same way about me and she couldn't go on with the relationship and she was really sorry and upset that she had hurt me. She didn't exactly tell me at the best time as we were out with her friends last night. We talked somewhere quiet about it and I tried to stiff upperlip but Inside it was killing me. We are still friends although, I know what i'm about to say is going to sound selfish but sometime friendship is not enough, for once I want something more than friendship but I will end up in the friendzone. From experiance no girl has or do I think they ever will fancy me straight away, I guess I'm just one of thoughts people that people have to learn to love. For me love at first sight doesn't exsist, I used to think that it might exsist but I've grown out of that fantasy fairytale world and come to face reality. This is just the story of my life unfortunatly but I don't think I will ever really come to terms with it. I'm just too old fasioned when it comes to what women want in the 21st century. In an unrelated note and a general comment this is the age where if your not a complete tool and arsehole you will get no where in life but I just don't have it in my heart to do that therefore I will always fail.

Towers Freak, I've fallen for a girl who I've been best friends and closest friends with for many many years, in fact I'm at the stage where we have never been closer and very much want to push it to the next step... I hate my self at the end of every week for not doing it, but also question whether I really should.

On another matter I often feel awkward about asking girls out straight away and always think they will say no, so I always get to know them first... which then in turn makes it even more awkward to ask them out, A downward spiral if you ask me! :p

Hopefully I can get how you feel, so if you ever need to chat give me a pm, I'll be happy to chat with you about it.

I need some advice, I'm feeling down because my little brother is. I think he's being bullied at school but he will never tell anybody anything. He works himself into stated where he makes the my parents argue and makes the family upset.

How do I make him feel better?

Being bullied and talking about it is a awkward thing. And is not something some people talk about, Sometimes they don't realize they are being bullied.

It is a dedicate situation. he could be at the position that he does not like it but does not want to say as he many think it will cause the bulling to increase. so decides just to leave it.

It could of been going on so long, that he could start thinking it normal and his fault. with this he wont say anything about it as a person at this point, believes it them not the bully that has the problem.

The answer to the question "How do I make him feel better?" is as complicated as the range of Bulling itself.

How close are you to him, are you close enough to do something he like doing. I found that being in a relaxed and happy environment allowed bits to seep out. once that happens then direct help become much easier.

The thing is that he says that he isn't being bullied and that he is only miserable at home. But I think there is something he's not telling us. He has admitted to being bullied before and apparently it got sorted but I wasn't that sure. Then it was the holidays so he was happier. But since schools started again he hasn't been as happy.

We are quite close, but I don't want to risk him not liking me because I get so involved in his problems.

How old is he? as when I was 7 I got bullied but as I was younger I thought I'd done something bad and it was my fault.If he is that sort of age just tell him that he's done nothing and there will be no problem in telling you whats happening,possibly talk to him when playing a game like catch or something.
Hope this helps

He's twelve so just telling him isn't going to help him very much. But thanks. :)

He's feeling a little better now so maybe it's just mood swings? I remember when I was his age I had some mood swings but just not to that extent.