• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

I know this is probably a silly thing compared to everyones elses things, but I struggle so much with getting up and coming to work. Especially this morning when I know I have 5 long days ahead - 9-5. Some mornings I just want to cry, and its not like everything is horrible when I get here, but I just hate having my days taken up with it. I'm sure millions do, but Sunday nights I just get so depressed. I would love to do what i'm qualified to do and thats freelance photography, but its not an easy field to get into as there is so many people doing it. I love the thought of driving about and taking photos and not being stuck in an office full of politics. Wondered if anyone else feels just as bad about the work thing?

Noonie, don't say that. You should never compare problems to others regardless of the matter's size and you have a right to talk about it.

Many will understand your frustration with regards to work though and they'll help, sadly I don't have the experience to offer anything beyond that.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Noonie I felt the same at my previous job (working as a temp merchandisers for F&F fashion... So Tesco HO!) Was not what I wanted to do and loathed everything about it.

I had enough eventually and when my contract ran out (funnily enough my last day was my birthday!) I didn't go back, I may be an unemployed bum right now, but atleast I'm working hard and trying to complete a course so I can get to uni.

I was in a position where that was a possible option (living with parents), but thats what I did.

Dunno if that's any help! :p

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Ahh thanks both..
Sadly its not an option to not work as I have a mortgage and bills etc.. Its not like its a terrible job. Ive been here 5 years and made some great friends, I think its just because I know deep down i'm only here to pay the bills and thats quite sad really. I'd just love to be able to get out there and do what I really want to. Sadly money is the main issue I just feel stuck in a 9-5 loop! By the time you get home and have had dinner you are basically getting ready for Tuesday, then wednesday etc! I'm sure there are many people who feel the same, just feel like its been hanging round me for years and years! Some people love their jobs!!
I think in January I am seriously going to consider a change for me!

hmmm, have you thought about a photographic blog? Not much, but if you want to get into photography why not leave a little earlier for work, and arrive home a little later and take some photo's on the journey, it could then feel like you are doing what your want to do, and if you don't mind your current job, it'll break up the monotony!

It could also add to a portfolio for future prospects!

Towers trips have been the one thing that's stopped me from completely breaking down for the latter half of this year...

Genuinely worried for my mental state now that I won't have that escape for a bit.

Re: Re: The I Feel Down Topic.

Magrathea said:
Towers trips have been the one thing that's stopped me from completely breaking down for the latter half of this year...

Genuinely worried for my mental state now that I won't have that escape for a bit.

CBSO BEETHOVEN CYCLE AT SYMPHONY HALL!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think I've ever been this miserable/Depressed/Upset/Angry or Whatever in my entire life! I wish it would just end right now. :'(

Eddie said:
I don't think I've ever been this miserable/Depressed/Upset/Angry or Whatever in my entire life! I wish it would just end right now. :'(

Feel free to PM me / Facebook message me if there's anything in particular bothering you. Don't be shy. :)

I feel really petty posting this after some things in here - so a million apologies, as this is really insignificant :)

It's mainly that I feel that life is slowly being sucked out of me - I'm starting to feel like I have no social life (outside of this forum), my friends are drifting away from me and I'm being left as a bit of an outcast - whereas in an ideal world, my friends would be at the centre of my life!

It's now got to the point where I'm close to cracking and allowing my down-ness to show through in my day to day life, and thus I need to take action before it happens....the issue is I don't know what!

:(

Photo_on_07_11_2012_at_22_51.jpg

:-(

Mike said:
It's now got to the point where I'm close to cracking and allowing my down-ness to show through in my day to day life, and thus I need to take action before it happens....the issue is I don't know what!

I'll say the same to you as I did to Eddie; I'm available to talk things through in depth if you wish to do so. At the end of the day, it's important to talk to someone about things like this. I appreciate that you may not consider talking to me as ideal, but posting in this topic won't make such a hefty-sounding issue disappear automatically. As much as you may feel it to be insignificant to other postings in here, loneliness (which it sounds as though you're experiencing) can have a nasty impact. You know that you have friends on here. I'd suggest using them to talk things through. :)

T said:

LOL. ;)

*runs far away... fast*

I set my own traps. Why? Maybe I just don't feel like I deserve to be happy. It's like I compulsively create a state of imminent chaos to torture myself, like masochism but there is no pleasure, just shame. But worst of all, I hurt the people around me but I just don't have control. For all the love and care the ones around me have invested, they deserve so much better. I wish they had been given that person who would be and do everything they need, and not me.

For the past week, I've been doing some telephone fundraising work whilst looking for a better job. Two good jobs have come at once - my old one, and a new one in Canary Wharf. So I went in today to tell them that I'd be leaving, and tried to find out who I should speak to. Nobody had a clue - I was passed around from person to person, and eventually was pointed to HR where I was told that I'd need to speak to someone called Jeff. Jeff was on holiday. So I just continued doing my job as normal, not really too sure what to do with myself. I could have just walked out, or even not bothered to turn up, but I felt I should at least be professional. Eventually, one of the campaign managers comes up to me and takes me into a little meeting room, and promptly fired me on the spot. The reason given was that I had found another job. I didn't get any kind of 'thanks for your time' or 'good luck with your new job' or whatever, afterwards he just walked out and left me to get my coat and bag and walk out.

I'm not annoyed about the job - it was a rubbish job, and even the lower paid of my two offers pays twice as much - but it's just their attitude. It made me feel stupid for trying to be as professional as possible.

Meat Pie said:
I set my own traps. Why? Maybe I just don't feel like I deserve to be happy. It's like I compulsively create a state of imminent chaos to torture myself, like masochism but there is no pleasure, just shame. But worst of all, I hurt the people around me but I just don't have control. For all the love and care the ones around me have invested, they deserve so much better. I wish they had been given that person who would be and do everything they need, and not me.

Self-loathing is common amongst those with depression. Nobody deserves better than the best efforts that one can give. If you feel a particular decision has resulted in you creating a mess of things, you can always PM me to be more precise. If not, good luck. :)

Why is it that the only things I can do in life is cause hassle, get pushed away and randomly start panicking about everything?
There's just simply no place for me anywhere and I really wish I had the guts again to end it all.

Georgiaa, you're certainly not seen as someone who causes hassle or someone we want to push away - seriously, you're amazingly talented and better things will come, so ending your life isnt worth it....

Send me a PM if you ever want to vent about anything - myself, and Im sure others on here too, see you as a friend and don't want you feeling down about life :).