• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Re: Re: The I Feel Down Topic.

AshleeKel said:
For the past week, I've been doing some telephone fundraising work whilst looking for a better job. Two good jobs have come at once - my old one, and a new one in Canary Wharf. So I went in today to tell them that I'd be leaving, and tried to find out who I should speak to. Nobody had a clue - I was passed around from person to person, and eventually was pointed to HR where I was told that I'd need to speak to someone called Jeff. Jeff was on holiday. So I just continued doing my job as normal, not really too sure what to do with myself. I could have just walked out, or even not bothered to turn up, but I felt I should at least be professional. Eventually, one of the campaign managers comes up to me and takes me into a little meeting room, and promptly fired me on the spot. The reason given was that I had found another job. I didn't get any kind of 'thanks for your time' or 'good luck with your new job' or whatever, afterwards he just walked out and left me to get my coat and bag and walk out.

I'm not annoyed about the job - it was a rubbish job, and even the lower paid of my two offers pays twice as much - but it's just their attitude. It made me feel stupid for trying to be as professional as possible.

Some people are just like that I afraid. You aren't stupid for being as professional as possible, you have just shown you are the better person and you should take pride in that!

Be happy about your new job and here's to a better future!

And Georgia!

You are a good egg! You always have a place here with us.

You are not just a hassle! :)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Georgiaa said:
Why is it that the only things I can do in life is cause hassle, get pushed away and randomly start panicking about everything?
There's just simply no place for me anywhere and I really wish I had the guts again to end it all.

I feel like this sometimes, I feel that everything I touch in life goes wrong. However I know for a fact you're not a hassle! I actually love talking to you, whether it's here, DA or Faffbook, you're a joy to talk too and you're someone I can trust, Why do you think I talk to you While I'm down? Because you're a great person who gives trustworthy and great advice!

Never think you're a hassle, because you aren't.

:)

Georgiaa said:
Why is it that the only things I can do in life is cause hassle, get pushed away and randomly start panicking about everything?
There's just simply no place for me anywhere and I really wish I had the guts again to end it all.

I can't help but note the disappearance of your Facebook and Twitter accounts, which I find to be slightly worrying... nor do you appear to be responding to texts, so I'll attempt to reach you through here instead.

You know that you have by far more purpose than to 'cause hassle'. I personally consider you as being amongst my closest friends; I have a great deal of respect for you and, like many people on here, wish the best for you and will always be here if you feel the need for support. There's a place for you amongst TST and, in time, your overall situation will undoubtedly improve also.

Just, please, look to people for support. Don't do anything stupid. Besides anything else, you would upset a lot of people if you did.

AshleeKel said:
For the past week, I've been doing some telephone fundraising work whilst looking for a better job. Two good jobs have come at once - my old one, and a new one in Canary Wharf. So I went in today to tell them that I'd be leaving, and tried to find out who I should speak to. Nobody had a clue - I was passed around from person to person, and eventually was pointed to HR where I was told that I'd need to speak to someone called Jeff. Jeff was on holiday. So I just continued doing my job as normal, not really too sure what to do with myself. I could have just walked out, or even not bothered to turn up, but I felt I should at least be professional. Eventually, one of the campaign managers comes up to me and takes me into a little meeting room, and promptly fired me on the spot. The reason given was that I had found another job. I didn't get any kind of 'thanks for your time' or 'good luck with your new job' or whatever, afterwards he just walked out and left me to get my coat and bag and walk out.

I'm not annoyed about the job - it was a rubbish job, and even the lower paid of my two offers pays twice as much - but it's just their attitude. It made me feel stupid for trying to be as professional as possible.

In the long run, that job will just become a footnote on your CV. Acting with dignity and leaving with your head held high will only serve to impress future and more prosperous employers. Don't take professional knocks personally.

These anti-depressants aren't working at all. They aren't making me feel any happier. But they're making me feel more ill. The constant sleepiness. Every day, all the time, is a everlasting battle against falling asleep. I hate napping, I feel so awful afterwards. And the sexual dysfunction. My SBNO penis, and the lack of being able to do one of the few things I actually enjoyed before (i.e. getting drunk and having sex with random guys).

And the anxiety! Before it was just about manageable. But now I feel irritation and lack of comfort pumping through my veins, it's in my blood. I keep running round the house, frustrated, jumping up and down, wishing I could leap out of my own skin. My body just feels so irritable right now. Even sitting and typing, I just feel tension, nerves and anxiety COURSING through my body. There's nothing I can do about it, there's no escape. The physical form, which is the only thing you can never escape from, your whole life. I'm constantly in a state of feeling irritable and unsettled.

Restless, endless.

They take up to 6 weeks to properly start working, the first 2 weeks or so are definitely hard but you'll never reap the benefits unless you stick at them!

After seeing some of the above posts, this may sound like a minor problem, however I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps for a while due to being unemployed whilst money is slowly dwindling away due to my university course.

Apart from a train to university, one day to Blackpool (in which I did uni research) and Scarefest, my expenditure has been nil and I feel it is taking a hit on my social life.

Whilst I'm currently in a regime of sending off at least one job application a day, my family couldn't be anymore unsupportive of helping me to find employment whilst I'm at university. I had my hopes up for a fantastic post with a generic train operator where I made the final 10 down from 300, but sadly didn't pass the final interview.

Does anyone have any tips who has perhaps been in the same situation? It would be much appreciated.

Bear said:
They take up to 6 weeks to properly start working, the first 2 weeks or so are definitely hard but you'll never reap the benefits unless you stick at them!

I've been on them before though, five times, and I know that they don't have benefits. I dunno why I keep tricking myself into thinking they might. And I've already been on them four weeks!

Adam, it's the old cliche I'm afraid mate - keep on keeping on.

It can be extremely tough in those circumstances to keep on with it, and sod whether anyone else is supportive or thinks you're doing well enough.

Judge yourself on your own merits, you seem to be doing a heck of a lot, are very dedicated - have been nothing but helpful and friendly to me on here.

Just keep banging those doors down until someone sits up and listens. I've been around the music industry for many years, it's the industry where you get used to the word "no" lol! The only thing that changes, is the speed in which you attack the next opportunity, and the next, and the next etc.

That might not be very helpful. I can just wish you luck - remember, the better prepared and more upbeat you are in an interview, the further you are likely to get. Remember why YOU deserve that job. Be grounded, but feel like you deserve it too - because for all I've read, it sounds to me like you have earnt some luck now mate.

I really hope it comes your way!

Its exam week this week and so far I have failed my English paper 1 , Geography and chemistry. I dont want to know my other exam results now. :(

I sometimes hold it half a sin
To put in words the grief I feel;
For words, like Nature, half reveal
And half conceal the soul within.

In Memoriam, V

Sorry, for repeatedly posting in here, I know I moan a lot :(

Was told last Friday that I had gotten a job in Canary Wharf by a job agency. Found out on Wednesday that my application hadn't even been forwarded to the company, then found out today that I didn't even get the job. I even passed over another job after being guarenteed this one, so thanks to this agency lying to me for no good reason I am just completely lost.

I think I'm going to have to kill myself at some point, in a few years or so. Never been happy, never will. Why carry on?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

With relatives in and out of hospital for various things (Including a stroke) and this horrible cough with added sickness at nights means no sleep and a depressed me. How long until my mask cracks? I don't think it is long at all.

Recently, I've been under quite a bit of stress. Uni work's building up, I have virtually no motivation to get any uni work done, I don't know what I want to do once I finish uni, and probably the biggest issue of all is that I still have no idea where I'll be living next summer. (The possible move to Doncaster isn't going to take place after the match didn't work out, which is a shame, as the appointment seemed ideal.) I'm starting to feel like I'm drowning in wallpaper paste, and am wondering how long it'll be before I crack. If I fail this year of uni (which I sincerely hope I don't), then I'll probably end up dropping out and not completing my degree. That'd be a shame, as I'm enjoying it, but I don't think I could put myself through two years of the same instead of one. Plus, if I redid my second year, I'd have to get used to new people as well as a new campus, which certainly wouldn't help matters. I just want to sort all of this stuff out as soon as possible, but I don't know how! :(

^ You can be assigned a mentor to keep you on track with work if you go to your student support, don't let a cruddy bit of stress ruin your degree!

I already have one, Josh. I'm meeting her on Tuesday, so I'll take the opportunity to talk to her about it all. I don't want this to ruin my degree!

Sam said:
I think I'm going to have to kill myself at some point, in a few years or so. Never been happy, never will. Why carry on?

I think you've probably reached beyond the emotional support and guidance of this forum here, and that probably makes some people very uncomfortable, if not under stress themselves, having experienced a similar situation with other friends. Direct thoughts and contemplation of suicide need better help from trained or experienced individuals, and not a reassuring word from a theme park community forum.

I would suggest it time you seek further assistance from your GP, a psychological professional, or at the very least someone trained better to cope with your deep thoughts such as The Samaritans.

Re: Re: The I Feel Down Topic.

Joel said:
Sam said:

I think you've probably reached beyond the emotional support and guidance of this forum here, and that probably makes some people very uncomfortable, if not under stress themselves, having experienced a similar situation with other friends. Direct thoughts and contemplation of suicide need better help from trained or experienced individuals, and not a reassuring word from a theme park community forum.

I would suggest it time you seek further assistance from your GP, a psychological professional, or at the very least someone trained better to cope with your deep thoughts such as The Samaritans.

I'm sorry, I never intend people to feel uncomfortable. But this is my life, every day. I forget that it's shocking or upsetting to other people because it's mundane daily stuff for me.

I am seeking help from my GP, I'm on anti-depressants, and I'm seeing a councillor on Thursday. None of it helps though. It's not like writing on here is my treatment, just somewhere safe for me to express how I feel without having to pretend.