• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

^ Great advice which I can't agree with enough.

I check this topic from time to time and some of these posts are quite upsetting to read,I feel for everyone.

There is never much I can say apart from the usual escapism and hiding *continuously* is not the answer. You have to face up to what frightens you, that's true of anyone in life.

Gold rings on you all.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Thanks Dar - I had a look on the NHS website before going to sleep last night, and it's actually reassured me. The way I felt last night usually only lasts a day, so I'm now pretty sure it's not depression.

I will definitely get some help if it continues for days though, because that would then be outside my "normal". My mum is a nurse dealing with mental health in older people, mostly dementia though, so she'd probably know if something was really up. :)

Again, thanks though - I'm going to enjoy the company of my friends, make some new ones, and try and find the positives in my life :)

And, I need to go post on the happy topic, because I've got a job interview tomorrow :D

OK, update.

Didn't get the job I interviewed for today - but I'm taking the advice on here and looking at the positives, which is that the company gave me some good feedback and said I came across really well, but the other candidate had more experience. My new motto is:

That which is meant for you, won't pass you by :)

I was woken up about quarter to 2 this morning, which I do not particularly like only to be told that I might have to go 20 mins in the car to go see someone. I have a 9-5 job and a relationship to hold down, you expect me to go see them, how about you lot do do it! Quite a few of you either don't have jobs or are only at college/uni, you expect me to feel crap in the morning because my sleeps now out when I have work to do. If you all care so much you go see them, shouldn't all be placed on me. I have loads of work to do today and now cba because I want to do is sleep all day, I was so motivated to get all of it done today before I went to sleep last night.

Holocaust Memorial Day. I feel sadness as it reminds me of the nasty end my relatives met and it also reminds me of my deceased grandad.

Grandparents being less than supportive about my upcoming course with the Prince's Trust. They think I should simply take a job in something I'm not qualified in, instead of trying to get into the area I did my degree in, because at least then I'd have money.

Never mind that this course is only open to under 25s, I'm 23 and really want to do it... oh no, that doesn't matter.

3 day block from posting content on facebook because someone thought that the way I used queer meant gay instead of Strange! grrr

Every cell of my body is screaming at my gnawing headache. It's not really painful, just like a persistent and inescapable high level of stress. Its just getting worse all the time.

Nothing was supposed to be the way that it is. I can't really cope anymore and fighting just brings worse feelings.

I don't know what to do. I can't even begin to communicate the extremity of this feeling. It's just unbearable.

I'm just left with the question of why carry on? The only thing I can think of is to not hurt the handful of people who really care about me, but for all the pain I save them, I have to feel it every day, never moving on.

hobohippie95 said:
3 day block from posting content on facebook because someone thought that the way I used queer meant gay instead of Stupid! grrr

You shouldn't use words like "Queer", "Gay", or "Homo" as insults anyway

Eddie said:
hobohippie95 said:
3 day block from posting content on facebook because someone thought that the way I used queer meant gay instead of Stupid! grrr

So on a harry potter page: "Awnser like a Muggle, What is a quaffle?"
Me: "A queer arguement" - Meaning strange

So how is that being insulting Eddie, you shouldn't jump to conclusions.

hobohippie95 said:
Eddie said:
hobohippie95 said:

You're using Queer as an alternate word to stupid, that is completely immature...::)

Eddie said:
hobohippie95 said:
Eddie said:
hobohippie95 said:

You're using Queer as an alternate word to stupid, that is completely immature...::)

From Thesaurus.com
Synonyms for strange: new, newfangled, odd, oddball, off, offbeat, out-of-the-way, outlandish, peculiar, perplexing, quaint, queer,

hobohippie95 said:
From Thesaurus.com
Synonyms for strange: new, newfangled, odd, oddball, off, offbeat, out-of-the-way, outlandish, peculiar, perplexing, quaint, queer,

Well that's not what you originally said.

hobohippie95 said:

Hi, gay here, let's sort this one out. :)

Seems like he did mean to use the word according to the 'strange' definition, though it was a bit odd that he said "because someone thought that the way I used queer meant gay instead of Stupid!"

RULING IN FAVOUR OF DEFENDANT.

*bangs gavel*

Eddie said:
hobohippie95 said:
Eddie said:
hobohippie95 said:

Are you purposely fishing for an argument?!

queer (kwîr)
adj. queer·er, queer·est
1. Deviating from the expected or normal; strange: a queer situation.
2. Odd or unconventional, as in behavior; eccentric. See Synonyms at strange.
3. Of a questionable nature or character; suspicious.
4. Slang Fake; counterfeit.
5. Feeling slightly ill; queasy.
6. Offensive Slang Homosexual.

Note that the use of it as a derogatory term is placed SIXTH on that list behind all others. People are so highly strung on here it's unreal ::) ::)