• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

I am feeling so incredibly sick about getting my GCSE results back tomorrow. There's so much hype in the media about them being the lowest grades for years, and I just can't help feeling the pressure. I'm having post-holiday blues, too, and I'm back to my job in a local restaurant, for the first time in 3 weeks tonight. I don't know how I'll cope if I don't do well tomorrow and it's distracting me no end from getting a good mentality in time for work.

-_- Just fed up now wit my dad. I had a 10 day break at my nans house and had a fully belly, felt stress free and content. I came home yesterday and from the word hello, my dad was hostile.He is also still cheating on my step-mum and this is really beginning to hurt me, I have told him time and time again to get that woman out the house and to stop seeing her as I don't like her. she is the reason my dad is treating everyone else like a doormat to be trod down on and used. :( Not a care in the world for anyone else. I also have not much food in the house besides some alpen, 2 pints of semi-skimmed milk and a frozen pizza.
o yeah my birth mum has had a baby so I have another little sister, but she smokes and the nicotine will be fed to the baby in her breast unless she stops smoking or feeds the baby formula. Which isn't as good as breast milk.(even if I did become really smart and developed when I had formula instead of breast milk. But only because my dad found my mum was doing drugs. she is clean now though)

>:I not a big problem but puberty is evil and has gifted me with hairs on my chin. Good. But 1 hair is dead straight and is sharp like a hairbrush and it hurts my chin. All the others are soft and follow the curve of my chin.

We lost our 13 year old golden retriever today. He slipped away, at home, after not being himself all day. R.I.P Sam, you'll be missed :(

Sorry to hear that Vicki. Hope you're ok, it's never easy to lose someone close to you such as your pet :(

I was debating posting this but it's still upsetting me after several days.

Randomly and out of the blue I received an abusive text message from one of my old colleagues, basically saying my old job was 'easy' (insert offensive phrase here) and that I was dragging the business down and was never needed. He says he found personal projects of mine on my old pc (these were networking presentations for the boss done in my own time), and that I must've just dossed around all day and I was lucky to be paid minimum wage.

I don't think I need to even justify that of course my job was not easy, I was also doing almost all the accounts and was a PA to my boss, which this guy most certainly isn't doing.

This came entirely out of the blue from someone I thought I'd left on good terms with.

Very foolishly I replied saying 'Good for you, although I was hoping this might be a birthday text' as it was my birthday when this message was received.

He responded with 'You act like you had it so hard working with a bunch of confident cocksure men. But I've been doing your job since you left. You don't deserve any better. And birthday wishes are reserved for employees only, we were just colleagues and maybe vague friends. You would have received birthday wishes from your new office had you not quit on your first day.'

I went to the cinema with this guy almost every Wednesday so he could take advantage of my Unlimited card. I bought him (and the rest of the office) gifts from holidays, and thoughtful presents on his birthdays and at Christmas. I never expected anything back but to actually get a nasty message?

I also want to know how he knows my next job fell through (I didn't quit, it was a mutual decision). My old boss must have told him.

I'm disgusted at them, but I'm more disgusted at myself for ever spending time and emotion on these people.

And no, the world isn't fair. But it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be upset by it.

Now realised getting a scholarship into a private school, means I have to put up with snot nosed, pompous gits all day. FOR 3 YEARS!!! And also my achilles heel is screwed up even more along with both knees, I feel my knees grind when I walk and the tendons hurt like hell. My back also is playing up too. Along with my shoulders and after riding Nemesis inferno at TP which gave me a 20 min nosebleed from both nostrils after I got off. My nose keeps bleeding randomly... And to cap it all off I am stressed and depressed as my dad is the worlds biggest turd.... cheating on my step mum... and still doesn't give a care in the world about anything else besides that I "must go and do rugby training because I wont get in the team and karate because he is paying good money for the lessons," what happens when I tear the tendon? as the doctor said no sport for 6 weeks minimum. Then he would be screwed, having to save money for the operations ect...

alee298 said:
Now realised getting a scholarship into a private school, means I have to put up with snot nosed, pompous gits all day. FOR 3 YEARS!!!

Well, firstly, I go to a private school, and I am definitely not a "snot nosed, pompous git", and neither are 99% of the people I know who go there. However, there will be many arrogant people. Try to avoid them. Most people are decent, though. Secondly, the average intelligence in the school will be much lower than you expect, but, you will not be the most intelligent. Thirdly, don't expect the teachers to be any stricter, although, generally they are much better at teaching.

Started on a new dose of Venlafaxine which the doctor described as "serious psychiatric medication". I have to go and get my heart tested for arrhythmia a few weeks into taking it. I don't think it'll work, because the normal dose of Venlafaxine hasn't done a thing.

I've felt really low recently, more so than usual. Sometimes I just feel incredibly emotionally over-charged, and unable to relax and to calm down. Sometimes I feel hysterical. Mostly I feel bored, irritable and unhappy, and I wish it'd all stop. I wish it was easy and socially acceptable to make that choice to end your life, but it isn't and I know that, and I can't do anything about it.

I also feel sad recently over something really silly and stupid, but I guess my brain has to find an actual corporeal thing to feel sad about, rather than just the usual ineffable BS.

alee298 said:
Now realised getting a scholarship into a private school, means I have to put up with snot nosed, pompous gits all day. FOR 3 YEARS!!!

Oh man, someone else is paying for you to have an incredible elite-standard education that will probably set you on an interesting and highly-paid career for life and you're worried that you won't like the people you haven't met yet?

That must be really hard for you. :'(

Sam said:
alee298 said:

Oh man, someone else is paying for you to have an incredible elite-standard education that will probably set you on an interesting and highly-paid career for life and you're worried that you won't like the people you haven't met yet?

That must be really hard for you. :'(

Hmm...I thought this was a thread where people could vent about what is getting them down without judgement, discrimination or ridicule. What may seem petty to you can be a big issue for somebody else. Everybody on here is different, bear in mind age, background, position and other things we have absolutely no idea about - never judge a man until you have walked in a mile in his shoes. People come to this thread for support, as I see it either give it to them or keep your opinions to yourself. This thread is not a place for sarcasm.

I apparently made an 'offensive anti-feminist comment' at a job interview and thus did not get the job.

My words, when describing why I cut short a previous promising-looking job:
'Some of the job involved portering, which my colleague was obviously fine with. But when he wasn't there, I struggled to do it.'

This was for an entirely desk-based job. In a call centre.

Pixie-Ro said:
Hmm...I thought this was a thread where people could vent about what is getting them down without judgement, discrimination or ridicule. What may seem petty to you can be a big issue for somebody else. Everybody on here is different, bear in mind age, background, position and other things we have absolutely no idea about - never judge a man until you have walked in a mile in his shoes. People come to this thread for support, as I see it either give it to them or keep your opinions to yourself. This thread is not a place for sarcasm.

But it's ridiculous, how can you get down about what people who you've never met are going to be like?! To moan about how terrible it is for someone else to pay for you to go through private school is really insulting to someone like me, and I suspect many others around here, who would have loved to have had a private education rather than have had six years of hell at a crap inner-city comp.

alee, just take comfort that even if they are "snot nosed, pompous gits", at least nobody will be bringing knives to school, nobody will get beaten to a pulp for daring to be gay or black and nobody is going to deliberately burn the school down and end up in prison. :)

Believe it or not, people can also endure hell at private school. There are bullies, bitches and bigots everywhere unfortunately. The grass is always greener.

You honestly think no one has ever had to deal with violence, racism or bullying at private school?

Pixie-Ro said:
Believe it or not, people can also endure hell at private school. There are bullies, bitches and bigots everywhere unfortunately. The grass is always greener.

I'll happily swap then - where do I sign up? I presume you're happy going to a crap inner-city comp? The original point of my post was about how annoying it is for the majority of us to see someone handed the world on a plate and then to moan about it before they've even experienced it.