• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Leaving my middle school. :( Everyone is going to miss everyone else. :( Shame we have to go. I would have liked the school to be open to upper years (yr9+) But we all leave in yr 8 to go to upper schools. I am going to one where no-one else is going. :(

I don't know why I feel down, I just do. And after several months of feeling amazing, it's quite hard to understand.

I wasn't sure which thread I would be posting in today...turns out it was the bad one.

I handed my notice in at work a week ago due to 'irreconcilable differences'. I had three immediate offers of employment elsewhere to choose from.

Let's just say, I chose the WRONG ONE.

So now I'm out of a job and I need to call this place tomorrow to tell them I'm not coming back. To me, my job is like a relationship. I have no work/life balance and I figure if I'm going to spend most of my waking hours doing a job, I'm going to give it 110% and goddamn well enjoy it. So after two bad 'experiences' I'm not going to let it happen a third time. As well as my mental and financial wellbeing it's not exactly great for the employers either.

Time to look at either becoming a housewife (any offers?) or going into business for myself.

For reasons unknown, I've been feeling the familiar 'meh' pointlessness feeling that comes along every now and again, for the past few days. Thankfully it seems to be lifting, but we shall see. Scratch that. I'll just pop back into the shadows for a few days.

Dar said:
For reasons unknown, I've been feeling the familiar 'meh' pointlessness feeling that comes along every now and again, for the past few days. Thankfully it seems to be lifting, but we shall see. Scratch that. I'll just pop back into the shadows for a few days.

This is how I feel too. I keep describing it as 'meh'. Can't figure out why. Feel free to chat to me about your meh-ness. x

I am incredibly lonely and it seems everyone's sick and tired of me. In the past 4 months I have 3 close friends who have decided they're done with me, and now my work colleges seem to have followed. Tonight for example, work night out, last minute I get a text telling me its off, fair doos, but then a group of people check in at a club on Facebook. Thanks, i mean it must be me, its not like this has happened just once, I really miss my friends but every day I seem to loose one. So now I just sit in my room, doing nothing. Being 18 is wasted on me.

Sorry about the structure. I did this on my phone

DiogoJ42 said:
I have never subscribed to the theory that you must love your family simply because they share your DNA. They should have to earn your respect just like everyone else.

This is so very true. It's strange that we are expected to feel compassion towards others for no apparent reason other than our genetic roots. The death of a friend would certainly be more concerning than the death of an uncle, yet for some reason, it's almost a taboo to say this.

Nonetheless, I'm feeling for everyone here right now. Drop me a PM if you'd like to talk any time, I'm here to listen to anybody.

Defo agree about not having to love your family because of your DNA. This will sound bad to many of you. I hate my brother with passion (I even had calling him my brother, anyone got a better word for a 'brother' that doesn't act and fell as a brother?)
I wouldn't even care if a bus ran him over, or for another example, he dies somehow, I wouldn't even go to his funeral! What make matters worse is I still live at home and have to share a bedroom with him!!!!! :mad:
He makes this house a misery, it really gets me down when I walk through that door to this house. It doesn't feel like a home.
I have more to say but really can't be asked to write at the momment

Bear said:
The worst thing about feeling down so often is having to tell your family so they can watch out for you, and it feels like I'm ruining their life bit by bit :/

Shut up you dick. Everyone loves you :)

<3

My dad is still being a complete and utter <censored>. He seems to care more for the woman he is cheating with than me or my step mum, or anyone else and I cant take anymore emotional stress. I will just pop. Having to support my mums emotions to help her be a bit happier doesn't help either.

Fed up of being judged on the decisions I make and the paths I choose to follow by people who are supposedly friends. Especially when they don't bother to actually talk to me and find out the facts first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pixie-Ro said:
Fed up of being judged on the decisions I make and the paths I choose to follow by people who are supposedly friends. Especially when they don't bother to actually talk to me and find out the facts first.

:-( *hugs xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pixie-Ro said:

Hugs from me too Pixie :(

My boss has made me cry twice so far this week. I've recently handed in my notice and feel as though he's trying to get me in as much trouble as he can before I leave. I wouldn't mind if I deserved it but it's really unfair. Naffed off.

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Hugs for you too Amy! Not long left for you now until you finish!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Kel, that's sort of what's keeping me going, except I'm still doing at least 4 hours a week there after I move.

Think real hugs rather than cyber hugs may be in order all round this weekend! (And wine!)

Job hunting has been getting me nowhere. I know times are difficult, but I'm starting to wonder if I should move elsewhere from my home or even go down into England to find some work. :(

Bah house buying stuff is annoying me.

We were thinking of trying to move to somewhere bigger in a couple of years but I doubt we will get enough of a mortgage to be able to afford to do that. So not sure what will be best to do.