• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

I'm tired as hell I have school 6 days a week, then 2 consecutive rugby match days, 3 hours worth of homework a day and then I can never sleep well either.
Dad having a go at me for eating cereal instead of fast food crap. :/ Plus then having a go at me for not accepting his so called girlfriend. He is also just generally being a d**k to me in other ways that are too horrid to say in public. At least I am getting some help.

One of my worst nightmares has been realised; I'm unemployed :(

I've been in a temporary position for almost 18 months now, and I knew it wasn't going to last forever - but I'd always expected more than 15 minutes notice when it ended. This afternoon, I was basically taken into a room, apologised to and told not to come back.

For 18 months, I've worked my backside off in that place, always ensuring I'm always one of the top performers in whichever team I'm in, in the hope that when the lay offs did start, I wouldn't be first in the firing line, but that doesn't seem to have worked. To make matters worse, I'd just got happy and settled in a new role, met a few new people that I was getting on quite well with, and now I'm going to miss them - wasn't even allowed back in to say goodbye. I know I spent a lot of time complaining about work (usually the 30 mile commute, or the 7AM alarm clock) but it's done me a lot of good, and a lot of the time, I've put what's left of my heart and soul into it - so I can't help feeling a little hurt at being made to feel quite that disposable.

As my Mum says 'Worse things happen, at least you've still got health, family, a roof over your head etc.' so I know I'll survive, but... expect more posts in here in the near future ranting about job hunting or money problems :( It was only a week ago that I posted in the other topic about how happy I was with life again after all the sh#t that went down over the Summer. MERGH.

Will, that sucks; nothing is worse than being led to believe that your efforts have been of no value. But I assure you that in your time at work, you'll have made a big difference and I guess the best and only option is to take what you can from the experience. Nonetheless, massive sympathy. :/

Huge lump on my head and aching shoulders after 2 consecutive rugby matches. I now feel rather dizzy.

I'm having the same internal debate I have twice a year, every year... I love X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, and every year I have this 'should I audition' thing... But I never do, cause stage fright </3

Tarin Maria said:
I'm having the same internal debate I have twice a year, every year... I love X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, and every year I have this 'should I audition' thing... But I never do, cause stage fright </3

The only way you get over stage fright, is facing it head on and using some relaxation techniques. You will regret letting it get the better of you later. Many top performers have chronic stage fright, it is more common than you may imagine - it is precisely that which often provides the adrenaline they channel into world class performances. Though once or twice it did embarrass me somewhat, I had far more enjoyable experiences than not, and the rush you get as a result of being so hyped and full of anxiety/adrenaline, once released, can be fantastic.

If you like singing etc though, I cannot sit here and recommend you start with X-factor - try finding some collaboration opportunities and develop your confidence steadily.

Vicki said:
My granddad, who has raised me like a father would, (I don't know my dad) passed away this morning :( :'( :'(

Had this myself a couple of months ago, for various reasons may as well have been my Father also, a huge loss from my life. My sincere condolences.

I always forget that my relationship problems are insignificant to those of others. I suppose it'd be easier if I just don't bring them up - would save people saying "yeh, but that's nothing, because x, y and z is happening between me and my girlfriend, and we've been together 7 years, so that's much more serious".

Suppose it's lucky really that I haven't been in a relationship for there to subsequently be problems.

Islander said:
I always forget that my relationship problems are insignificant to those of others.

If we all did that no one would talk about anything. Everything is relative.

I'm trying as hard as I can but not succeeding whatsoever in trying to distract myself from thinking and consequently feeling more upset than I already am over last night's Downton Abbey episode. I don't give one damn over whether what happened is fictional, because such incidences can happen at any place at any time in reality and it just makes me fear if such things will ever happen to me or another person I know.

:(

And here I was, hoping I wouldn't be as shocked and emotionally disrupted post-Christmas special and latter half of series 3.

Rowe said:
I'm trying as hard as I can but not succeeding whatsoever in trying to distract myself from thinking and consequently feeling more upset than I already am over last night's Downton Abbey episode. I don't give one damn over whether what happened is fictional, because such incidences can happen at any place at any time in reality and it just makes me fear if such things will ever happen to me or another person I know.

:(

And here I was, hoping I wouldn't be as shocked and emotionally disrupted post-Christmas special and latter half of series 3.

I know what you mean Rowe but there are so many things that could happen to someone at any time if you worried about them all you would be a gibbering wreck in no time. Normally the things that really hit you hard are the things that you have never even thought about worrying about.

Why is being nice so hard for some people to do?

I mean seriously. It isn't rocket science. You just don't treat them like crap, and try looking at some nice things they do? Oh right. Too hard sorry.

Then act like butter wouldn't melt around others? Whilst seemingly wanting to destroy any hope/motivation I have? Always behind closed doors, never with the bottle to admit how vile you are to anyone else? Playing on other peoples sympathy like a Stradivarius, twisting facts.

You are one bitter person.

I've got a cold (I think it is Mr Hindhough's) that is making it hard to work without wanting my head to explode to release this pressure or vom. Plus one of my dad's best friends came off his motorbike in the highlands on Sat (my birthday) and died, my dad was the first to find him and my Sisters bf's mum couldn't be woken up this morning, she has cancer. I hate it when my family are hurting like this as we are so close.

The husband is really doing my head in. I guess this isn't really the place to talk about it though.

Also really sick of my cough that is keeping me awake every night and I'm really annoyed that we missed out on a room for the scarefest meet.

I shouldn't moan because I'm loving my new job and that's making life good at the moment...but I'm grumpy.

I have just come back from dropping my sister off at the hospital, they are making Steph (my sisters bf's mum) stable enough to being back home to begin her end of life care supported by Macmillan nurses. This will be the second time she has battled cancer but she won't win this time. She's still so young at the age of many of our mums and dads, she will be leaving behind a loving husband who has cared and supported her throughout her fight and two sons aged 20 and 17. Even though my sister will be sad as we all will to loose her, that it will give her the drive and inspiration to either follow in Stephs steps into maternity or to help those with cancer.

Interview nerves are kicking in. Said interview is tomorrow and I really want a full time job, especially this one as this would help me get myself started in Marketing/PR. Eurgh... :(

Lottie. said:
Interview nerves are kicking in. Said interview is tomorrow...
Join the club, I'm in exactly the same boat. Thrilled that I've got everything sorted so quickly, but now I've got myself that enthusiastic about the job and how much more exciting my life could get as a consequence of it that if I screw things up tomorrow, I'll be inconsolable.

And as you can imagine... I don't interview well...