• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

I read the post from panda and thought "tough love" The post may not be in keeping with the idea of how we are meant to reply to this thread, but sometime. blunt and straight to the point is sometime the only answer.

To be honest, some of the responses have seemed overly rude and ignorant, if not mocking.

I don't think the responses would have been the same if he was posting about mental health problems rather than posting about barely being able to eat, as if being destitute is less of a problem. "Stop posting about your same money/food problems" seems to go down a lot better than "Stop posting about your same mental health problems" would, as if either can simply go away or aren't as big a deal. How would you honestly feel in the same situation? It reeks of the same out of touch snobbery that the government currently employs. "You have a loaf of bread that's not out of date until tomorrow? You can't possibly have any problems!"

Now that's out the way, I do agree with everyone else in saying that something has to be done about it rather than posting. Posting won't put food on the table. People have given advice but it has not been acted upon, which is frustrating and leads to the unhelpful replies. Really, go do something about it. There are people who can help a lot better than we can. I'm not trying to be rude but we can't put food on your table or money in your bank.

Feeling awful, It's all mostly down to money too...

Student Finance have been messing me around for almost 2 Months now, With one reason or another that I won't get my student loan yet... It's looking that I won't even get it til another month, plus even if I do get it, I might not even get a Tuition Loan, effectively meaning having to quit University... For the 3rd time.

Add to that the fact that I have a Company Meeting potentially on Monday to quote a budget for an attraction, which may be too high for the investors to part with... Extremely worrying because a lot of people behind the attraction are hyped for it and it would mean letting down a massive industry group.

All feels too much right now.

Ben. said:
In the grips of the dreaded winter cold virus. I swear by the name of Lucifer that I will find who did this to me and infect their whole world.

Feeling your pain. What the hell is this attacking my throat?

I'm not sure if other students get this, but I am tired all the time... Very rarely am I in a good mood, and after two and a half years of constant tonsillitis, I had my tonsils removed and now have the cold from hell (three weeks on and I'm still coughing)
Just really sick of school, and people and being ill.

I'm going to sound older than Dogio here .Now its getting cold, my joints really are starting to ache a LOT more than they already do, I'm thinking that after my injuries to most of my joints in rugby matches. I thought it mostly old people who had bad joints in the winter. Maybe more young people do than I originally thought...

Tarin Maria said:
I'm not sure if other students get this, but I am tired all the time... Very rarely am I in a good mood, and after two and a half years of constant tonsillitis, I had my tonsils removed and now have the cold from hell (three weeks on and I'm still coughing)

I was like that in college. It's soul destroying but you can't let it get in the way. Or it'll start affecting your performance, which will make you feel worse. It's a viscous circle and it got the best of me when I was doing my A-levels (not very long ago at all).

Heh I let my mental health get the best of me for a month during my A levels, but I think the most important thing to stress is that your work should be the first thing to cave.

Until you're sorted and happy and wanting to keep going, the academic side can suffer as much as it wants. Worry about that later, sort yourself out first :)

Blaze said:
Tarin Maria said:

I was like that in college. It's soul destroying but you can't let it get in the way. Or it'll start affecting your performance, which will make you feel worse. It's a viscous circle and it got the best of me when I was doing my A-levels (not very long ago at all).

I was the same, then had my tonsils taken out when I was nearly 25 (over 4 years ago). The experience was awful and I got an infection which it took me about a month to recover from...but it was eventually worth it. You will probably find that having your tonsils taken out is worth it. I remember always feeling that tell-tale feeling of the tonsillitis starting and knowing how long it would put me out of action for. It's so nice not to get that anymore x

Amy_D said:
Blaze said:
Tarin Maria said:

I was the same, then had my tonsils taken out when I was nearly 25 (over 4 years ago). The experience was awful and I got an infection which it took me about a month to recover from...but it was eventually worth it. You will probably find that having your tonsils taken out is worth it. I remember always feeling that tell-tale feeling of the tonsillitis starting and knowing how long it would put me out of action for. It's so nice not to get that anymore x

I'm strongly considering having my tonsils removed. I've had tonsilitis twice this year, and I can already feel them starting to get irritated (but it's not quite as bad as the previous times I've had it). I think I'll look at having them removed some time next year, as I don't want to be put too much out of action with a new job starting soon and Christmas around the corner.

AshleeKel said:
I'm strongly considering having my tonsils removed. I've had tonsilitis twice this year, and I can already feel them starting to get irritated (but it's not quite as bad as the previous times I've had it). I think I'll look at having them removed some time next year, as I don't want to be put too much out of action with a new job starting soon and Christmas around the corner.

The NHS will not remove your tonsils unless it is serious, i.e you have had tonsillitis five or more times in a year, you develop a quinsy, or the size of your tonsils is affecting your eating, drinking and breathing constantly...

I had to take off at least two weeks off of school last year, and they only decided to take them out after I developed a quinsy (an abscess on the tonsil or back of the throat) that could not be treated with antibiotics and had to be drained.

After the tonsillectomy, I was really poorly for a few days, got better, but then I got an infection and the pain was unbelievable, and the older you are, the worse the pain is. If you seriously want your tonsils removed, talk to an ENT doctor, they'll explain everything, but really do think about it, its a lot worse than people think. Also, and this sounds gross, but for the first few weeks, eating was a nightmare! I'd get food stuck in the tonsil beds, which would make me feel nauseous. And if you do get them removed, request cocodamol, not whatever they give you for the pain, mine wasn't strong enough and I didn't sleep properly for like eight days

Gaaah...where to start?? To cut a very long story short, someone that I used to be good friends with but am not any more has started posting all sorts of passive aggressive tweets/statuses aimed at me. I have known this girl and her sister for over 20 years now, and we all used to be incredibly close to the point of living together. About 4 or 5 years ago we started drifting apart, due to different lifestyles/growing up etc. It happens, people change and relationships move on. This time last year I went through a really bad time and this girl is one of the few people who knew about it, but let me down in a big way, and since then we've drifted even further apart. It makes me sad that she can't just let things be, but feels she has to judge me and make these snide digs. I wish I could just cut all ties with her but our husbands are friends and work together, which makes the situation really awkward. We also have other friends in common.
At the moment I am taking the route of dignified silence, I have unfollowed her on Twitter and blocked her from reading my statuses and posts on fb. I am just really hurt and a bit confused by it all - I have done all I can to try and keep the friendship going but at some point you have to give up. That's fine, like I said it happens, but the bitchiness? No need. :'( :'(

I need a physio, my muscles ache sooo much. So do my joints, maybe I should take a break from moving.

Yet another interview that I was unsuccessful at. :( Competing against people with experience yet trying to find myself a job to gain experience is bloody annoying. Bloody Catch-22... :mad:

Again, I totally sympathise - I've got my third interview in 7 days this afternoon and not even going to admit how long it took me to get my first job for that exact same reason. I thought the job market had sorted its life out a little since 2011, but evidently not >:C

The most infuriating part is that I've applied to a load of jobs and similar as possible to my old position in order to stop them being able to use the inexperience line on me. And yet they still are doing: 'Candidate unable to provide clear examples of situations, instead talks about what they WOULD do in that situation'... well, surely that's close enough?! Bastards :(

I know from bitter experience that I get very depressed very quickly when I'm unemployed, so alas I've got to keep at it whilst I still HAVE motivation, even if the positions I'm enquiring about are getting less and less appealing as the days go by.

Oh, and it's raining. Lots.

Lottie. said:
Yet another interview that I was unsuccessful at. :( Competing against people with experience yet trying to find myself a job to gain experience is bloody annoying. Bloody Catch-22... :mad:

I remember being in that situation. For many positions, including reception work, I still am. Even the most basic entry level positions these days can demand years of experience before even considering you for an interview.

The job market is improving, albeit slowly. I know that's not much comfort, but it'll get better.

Russ said:
I just feel like crying and I don't know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably best that you do cry. Even if you don't know the reason why, you'd feel better afterwards. (Works for me at least!)